Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (discussion/spoilers)

so JJJ got shot in the head - they "blew his brains out" to quote the issue - but he survived. They should have gone with my explanation.

As far as Gwen goes, this is the second time she's been hurt by someone pretending to be Peter/Spider-Man (her dad was killed by a Spider-Man look-alike). I can understand her having a hard time differentiating her emotions between Peter and the imposter AGAIN.

I liked the issue though.

I know but he went a fairly long time without medical attention, plus Johnny didn't exactly follow the proper protocols when moving a patient like that.

So comicbookresources has a small, no words preview of #15. Looks like
the Bombshell daughter
is a new classmate and it got me thinking could this be the new love interest?

makes things explode when she's near her mom. and she swears like 616 Jessica Jones.

So comicbookresources has a small, no words preview of #15. Looks like
the Bombshell daughter
is a new classmate and it got me thinking could this be the new love interest?

i like Sara Pichelli's art better than LaFuente's. Who is that in SHIELD custody at the beginning?

Last edited:
Black Cat is coming back to Ultimate Spider-Man!
82922comic_storystory_full-6994642..jpg

Somehow Sarah Pichelli managed to make Gwen and MJ look even dorkier than LaFuente. Peter looks like a 12 year old retarded kid. Also, what's up with this new trend of drawing chicks with stupid embarassing emo clothes by the way?
And MJ, wow, this is such a departure from how Mark and Immonen drew her. Ugh, seriously.

The emo thing has just been Gwen (who was always like that) and this Bombshell girl (who we don't know), so I can live with that.

However, her people, particularly Peter, are hideous. She's not on long-term, is she?

i can't tell if you guys are crazy or just need something to complain about. Pichelli's art is an improvement over LaFuente's by miles. Gwen has ALWAYS dressed like that. ALWAYS.

MJ doesn't dress emo, neither does Peter, or Bobby, or Johnny.

maybe its me, having not read a USM in a while but is that Peter at the end? cuz for a second there i thought it was an Archie comic.

I like Sarah Pichelli's style and the way she draws, BUT i'm use to a whole different standard when it comes to USM. I'd LOVE for her to work on Runaways again when/if they re-boot it. and not as a penciler either.

i can't tell if you guys are crazy or just need something to complain about. Pichelli's art is an improvement over LaFuente's by miles. Gwen has ALWAYS dressed like that. ALWAYS.

MJ doesn't dress emo, neither does Peter, or Bobby, or Johnny.
IMO LaFuente's art is way better than Pichelli's. The only thing I dislike about LaFuente's art are his faces, but the rest of his stuff is some of the best in the industry.
And Gwen didn't always dress like that. Yes, during the Bagley days she wore Punk-wannabe outfits sometimes, but that's completely different from her eyeliner-goth-emo style now, and her hair just looks stupid.
MJ doesn't dress emo (and neither does Peter Bobby or Johnny or anyone else besides Bombshell and Gwen, but two characters dressing like that is already too much) but she looks nothing like the character she used to be.

Yes I'm ranting, but man, this series for me was near perfect, it's the series that got me into comics. The writing is still good, but the visual representation of some characters is totally uncharacteristic now, and yes I'm nitpicking because this bothers me :(

meh

And Gwen didn't always dress like that. Yes, during the Bagley days she wore Punk-wannabe outfits sometimes, but that's completely different from her eyeliner-goth-emo style now, and her hair just looks stupid.

I don't see that much of a difference to be honest. But if there is a difference, it may have something to do with the fact that her dad died, her mom made it clear that she wanted to have nothing to do with her, then she was killed by a monster, then she came back as a cloned monster (the same monster that killed her), then she was in a maximum security prison for super-powered threats, then she was swallowed by another monster who spat her out as a normal person. I can see that taking it's toll on you.

But anyway, USM #15 came out today and I think it was great. It was another one of those aftermath type issues where they just show where everyone is after all the crap from what just happened. I find JJJ's decision to be strange, but not necessarily out of character for where they've been taking Jonah. I also loved Johnny's and Bobby's reaction (and MJ's and Gwen's reaction) to
Peter talking to Bombshell.
Awesome overall, and I'm looking forward to Mysterio coming back in the next arc!

I don't see that much of a difference to be honest. But if there is a difference, it may have something to do with the fact that her dad died, her mom made it clear that she wanted to have nothing to do with her, then she was killed by a monster, then she came back as a cloned monster (the same monster that killed her), then she was in a maximum security prison for super-powered threats, then she was swallowed by another monster who spat her out as a normal person. I can see that taking it's toll on you.
The difference is pretty clear, and I think the whole my-life-sucks-i'm-going-to-dress-emo fad is long gone to affect a girl like her in this pretty retarded way. It bothers me because it feels like bad characterization of a character I used to care about.
But yes, apparently this is taking a heavy toll on me, so why are you the one being an *******? If my posts bother you so much just ignore them, you don't see me being a prick when you post your stupid ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference is pretty clear, and I think the whole my-life-sucks-i'm-going-to-dress-emo fad is long gone to affect a girl like her in this pretty retarded way. It bothers me because it feels like bad characterization of a character I used to care about.
But yes, apparently this is taking a heavy toll on me, so why are you the one being an a.sshole? If my posts bother you so much just ignore them, you don't see me being a prick when you post your stupid s.hit.

hey man, first of all, sorry for pissing you off. I didn't mean to. I wasn't even trying to be argumentative, just stating my opinion. I can see how my posts could be read in that tone (especially since it's happened in more than on thread), but i didn't mean them to be taken that way.
Secondly, I meant I can see how that would take it's toll on "you" if all that happened to "you", as in i can see how it would take its toll on her. I wasn't actually referring to you. That was probably just bad wording on my part. :oops:

And yeah, i'm sure what i post is just as stupid as just about anyone else, so i'm not trying to be high and mighty or a jerk.

Hope that clears things up.

Latest posts

Back