Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (discussion/spoilers)

Has anyone noticed how LaFuente is sort of distancing himself a bit form the anime aspect of his art, and making more cartoonish stuff, with exaggerated proportions and characteristics?

looks like Ultimate (Comics) Spider-Man is going back to the original numbering with issue #150 [\mock surprise]

So I was just thinking about it, and USM ran for 133 issues, then UCSM is set to run for 15 issues before the title reverts back to its original numbering and issue #150 comes out. 133+15=148. So what about issue #149?

If it came to 147, I would assume that they were counting the two requiem issues as 134 and 135, but I can't figure out what the deal is with this.

EDIT:
82920comic_storystory_full-1554534..jpg

I can't figure out who the two blondes are directly behind Spidey...
the girl looks like dagger (Tandy Bowen), so maybe the dude is a white Dagger? Neither has been used before, except in "Tandy Bowen for class president" posters seen around the school. I'm also not sure about the guy between Venom and Carnage... Eddie Brock? But why?

And is that hammer head next to Green Goblin?

Last edited:
So I was just thinking about it, and USM ran for 133 issues, then UCSM is set to run for 15 issues before the title reverts back to its original numbering and issue #150 comes out. 133+15=148. So what about issue #149?

If it came to 147, I would assume that they were counting the two requiem issues as 134 and 135, but I can't figure out what the deal is with this.

I was wondering about that myself. Maybe they're counting the Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special #1 (even though its more an epilogue to Ultimate Marvel Team Up)? I'm confused by this.

Yeah. She appeared in the current arc in issue 9. It was hinted that she called the agents about Kitty. It does serm odd that she's on the cover and not Conners or Black Cat. Maybe she's the new love interest in the following arc?

This is just me being stupid, but what does anyone think of Betty as a possible love interest if Chameleon manages to screw Peter's love life completely?

This is just me being stupid, but what does anyone think of Betty as a possible love interest if Chameleon manages to screw Peter's love life completely?

Betty Brant? Like, the Bugle reporter? I dunno, man, she's a little old for Pete...

Betty Brant? Like, the Bugle reporter? I dunno, man, she's a little old for Pete...
That's why I think it would be interesting, I mean, Felicia was older than Spidey (sure when she found out he was way younger she threw up on him, but still) and we saw some fun interaction there, maybe if Betty made the same mistake we'd get some interesting insight on her character.

I was wondering about that myself. Maybe they're counting the Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special #1 (even though its more an epilogue to Ultimate Marvel Team Up)? I'm confused by this.

That took me sososososo long to hunt down

maybe

theres also USM#1/2 but that would probably just make matters more confusing

Yeah, i don't see that happening. But they did say there would be a new love interest... so maybe Ultimate Deb Whitman? or Ultimate Glori Grant?

So I liked today's issue but it wasn't as compelling as the last. Jameson is still alive and actually does seem to know Peter is Spider-man. No Kitty or Spider-woman. And I dont think I Gwen is being fair to Peter. Sure she just glares at him for her moment in the issue but she really can't blame Peter! He didn't cause all the drama/damage!!! It was someone posing as him! Whatever, I'm just glad it seems like she's going to be with not much longer. The brother sister angle worked better for them anyway.

Man, I haven't really read #14 but am I glad to know Gwen is mad at Peter. I've come to realize I don't really like Ultimate Gwen much. Especially with her recent emo vibe :p
(go MJ!)

Yeah, i don't see that happening. But they did say there would be a new love interest... so maybe Ultimate Deb Whitman? or Ultimate Glori Grant?
I'd like to see how Bendis would write Deb Whitman, but I want him to give us more insight on Betty as a character first I guess...

Latest posts

Back