Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales Discussion (SPOILERS)

So the history of Miles' dad working for Kingpin (as well as Ultimate Turk) is interesting.

Is anyone reading All-New X-Men? They're apparently in the Ultimate universe teaming up with Miles. Is it any good?

Once you've read one Bendis book, you've read them all.

Uh, no. Secret Invasion is nothing like Goldfish which is nothing like Alias which is nothing like Ultimate Spider-Man which is nothing like Powers etc.

Uh, no. Secret Invasion is nothing like Goldfish which is nothing like Alias which is nothing like Ultimate Spider-Man which is nothing like Powers etc.

It depends on what you mean.

Are the plots totally different? I guess. But the characters all act the same, speak the same, and all of his books have this lack of polish, throw crap against the wall and see what sticks mentality about them. Almost everything he writes is functionally incomplete.

It depends on what you mean.

Are the plots totally different? I guess. But the characters all act the same, speak the same, and all of his books have this lack of polish, throw crap against the wall and see what sticks mentality about them. Almost everything he writes is functionally incomplete.

Couldn't disagree more. Bendis has always seemed very plotted out (Secret Invasion being hinted at in New Avengers #1 for instance) with very distinct character voices. Yes, Avengers eventually got to the point you describe, but everything else has been extremely good for the most part for me. Man, you're probably gonna hate my stuff once I get the money to fund it.

Couldn't disagree more. Bendis has always seemed very plotted out (Secret Invasion being hinted at in New Avengers #1 for instance) with very distinct character voices. Yes, Avengers eventually got to the point you describe, but everything else has been extremely good for the most part for me. Man, you're probably gonna hate my stuff once I get the money to fund it.

Secret Invasion was definitely the conclusion to whatever he hinted at back in New Avengers #1. But I do not believe for one minute that he knew it was going there. He just knew he had a mystery that he was using to entice readers. When he finally revealed how "it's all connected" the connections were crap, and so was the the story for Secret Invasion. But I still think Secret Invasion was indicative of a low point in his career. That's around the same time that everything he was doing took a nose dive in quality (including Ultimate Spider-Man, to keep this sort of on topic).

Bendis also has a tendency to make his characters all sort of sound similar, or at least write a few of characters (everyone sounds like either Luke Cage, Ultimate Spider-Man, Aunt May, Wolverine, or Flash Thompson, or a combination of those). But I don't think he's doing that as much in All-New X-Men. There hasn't even been any Yiddish (in the first 10 or so issues I've read, at least).

But I think Bendis is very talented, he writes some of my favourite stuff (Ultimate Spider-Man in particular). The problem is that BECAUSE he's popular, Marvel has him writing too many books and as a result, his quality has slipped from it's standard in the early 2000s.

Couldn't disagree more. Bendis has always seemed very plotted out (Secret Invasion being hinted at in New Avengers #1 for instance) with very distinct character voices.

No offense intended, but I'm afraid you are in the minority with these beliefs. Bendis is WIDELY criticized for the lack of individuality in the characters he writes and for the seeming lack of foresight in his stories.

If you like it that's great, but you're one of the very few who think his characters are distinct and his plots are well thought out and developed. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong - it's something I have noticed and know that others have too.

I'm not denying that it doesn't happen, just that I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going. I wonder if the MGH part ties into the MGH stuff from All-New Ultimates (I didn't read past the first issue, so I have no idea). And I guess this was before Toad worked with Magneto.

So, another enjoyable but typically Bendis decompressed issue setting up the arc. Next issue involved Doom in some way.

Also, this is all ending sometime soon, so where is Bendis going with this?

So, another enjoyable but typically Bendis decompressed issue setting up the arc. Next issue involved Doom in some way.

Also, this is all ending sometime soon, so where is Bendis going with this?

No idea. I'm assuming the next couple issues are going to be packed with plot resolution (very un-Bendis due to his love of decompression) to tie up what he can before Secret Wars.

No idea. I'm assuming the next couple issues are going to be packed with plot resolution (very un-Bendis due to his love of decompression) to tie up what he can before Secret Wars.

Maybe Doom and Hydra will tie up plot threads left dangling since Ultimate Marvel Team-Up days!

So... have we all accepted that it actually is Peter Parker and not a clone, robot, or alternate dimension Peter?

I have. Osborn got shot in the head at point blank range as a human and he still is kicking. Although, he is "dead" again for like the 3rd or 4th time.

Latest posts

Back