Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales Discussion (SPOILERS)

Cover #5:

Heh, Death of That Other Spider-Man.

But thankfully, Miles isn't going anywhere... unless his appearance in 616's Avengers title is a sign that the 616 universe is in fact the Ultimate universe's afterlife...

mind_blown.gif

Heh, Death of That Other Spider-Man.

But thankfully, Miles isn't going anywhere... unless his appearance in 616's Avengers title is a sign that the 616 universe is in fact the Ultimate universe's afterlife...

You just JFK'd me.

Just got caught up with this. I feel mostly how I've felt about everything Miles since Uncle Aaron's death: it's well-written and contains very pertinent questions regarding his status as a legacy character, but I think it could do with cutting a few more of the connections to Peter's world. Especially Norman Osborne. His story is done.

This confrontation with Peter is also thematically cool stuff (though my Ultimate Pete wasn't such a jerk :(). I thought the "CLONE!" stuff was funny and I really want it to be one. Fingers crossed. My only issue is that this'll ultimately just give Miles more of a complex about being Spider-man and Peter's legacy character when I thought we resolved that, though maybe this is the perfect time for this, I dunno.

The Kate stuff is neat, though maybe needed a bit more buildup, since we barely know the girl. Maybe that'll end up being the point in the end, though, like he decides that he doesn't actually know her well enough to reveal his identity or he does and it backfires. Hoping for the first, honestly, though I dunno how he'd back out of it considering how issue 2 ends.

All in all, I guess what I want from this title after this story is more street-level stuff centered more on Miles and his world.

Yeah, the Miles Morales - USM ongoing is the only reliably decent Ultimate title. I enjoy it quite a bit.

This… And believe me, I really want to like this new Ultimates that's out but, this back alley fighting people way under their weight class stuff… just seems lame.

Also, I just read so many pages of this Miles thread… i forgot how much I loved talking about stuff in here with y'all! I'm gonna do better with showing up here to talk about comics and such now hopefully (even though yes, I'm still typing "ultimate central" into the address bar to find the site LoL)

Another of the crazy costumes in police station panel!

ScreenShot2014-07-02at32456PM_zpsbb03a21d.png

Cool nod to Hickman's 8 Months story coming up.

Also as expected, people are thinking it's a tease of the UU's fate.

Last edited:
The current arc would be so much more interesting without Norman. I am legitimately curious about Maybe-Peter. Norman's story was finished before Ultimatum happened.

I'd be interested about Maybe-Peter too, if there was any chance it was actually Peter.

I'm actually reasonably convinced that it is him after the last issue. Norman proved he can't be killed, Peter remembers his past. Seems legit to me. But more to the point, if they really are going to stop publishing the Ultimate line, and they want to bring Miles into the 616, it would be a nice to have Peter and his crew have a happy ending.

I'm actually reasonably convinced that it is him after the last issue. Norman proved he can't be killed, Peter remembers his past. Seems legit to me. But more to the point, if they really are going to stop publishing the Ultimate line, and they want to bring Miles into the 616, it would be a nice to have Peter and his crew have a happy ending.

Yeah, after the last issue I agree. Of course, Peter and Norman essentially being impossible to kill strips a lot of tension from the book, since, well, they can't die.

It could be him. But we still don't know what that item, that Uncle Aaron stole is. And I think that and how it's connected to all this, will be reviled within the next two issues.

What if Uncle Aaron is Miles's father? It would fit in very well and would be very traumatizing.

Yeeeeah, the fact that it's actually Peter has made me...well, not DROP the book, but certainly move to "other means" of acquisition. Peter coming back to life, the slowly-dwindling members of the Miles-original supporting cast, and the book's refusal to use any new villains is resulting in a book that is far short of its potential, albeit one that is still very readable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back