Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales Discussion (SPOILERS)

I'm guessing you meant 192.
Sigh, yes.

Yeah, I'm sure the guy hiding in the bushes will be addressed in the Miles Morales - Ultimate Spider-Man title.

I'm just wondering what it was that Ganke gave to Gwen. That went completely over my head. At first I thought it was going to be a Spidey made out of Legos or something since he's obsessed with those, but it wasn't revealed.

Yeah, I dunno.

It seems like they laid the groundwork for quite a few little threads in the upcoming issues of USM and New Ultimates.

Sigh, yes. Yeah, I dunno. It seems like they laid the groundwork for quite a few little threads in the upcoming issues of USM and New Ultimates.

That's reassuring. I was worried my issue was a misprint and missing the page of what the gift was.

While I haven't been impressed with most of the Ultimate titles over the past few years (except USM which has been consistently decent), I'm really, really hoping this relaunch sees the quality of writing improve (what is this, the second or third relaunch for the Ultimate-verse?). I'm also hoping it's the last relaunch for awhile, though it seems to happen every 2-3 years so I'm not holding out much hope we'll see any of these new titles get to 50 issues. Miles Morales - Ultimate Spider-Man may, we'll see.

Some recent solicitations seem to suggest that we're getting Peter back.

<_________________________<

Well, there's the figure in the bushes in #200, and the upcoming Goblin arc is called "Revival".

AND the recent solicitation has a nice, juicy "...OR DID HE!?" after claiming that Osborne killed Peter. Like you said, that could all be misdirection, and I really hope it is, but a straight reading would suggest otherwise.

Well, there's the figure in the bushes in #200, and the upcoming Goblin arc is called "Revival".

AND the recent solicitation has a nice, juicy "...OR DID HE!?" after claiming that Osborne killed Peter. Like you said, that could all be misdirection, and I really hope it is, but a straight reading would suggest otherwise.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about the guy in the bushes being maybe Peter/a Peter clone.

Norman has survived being killed at least once, so I guess it's possible that Peter didn't die. I don't know how I feel about him coming back. I like things as they are now, but I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

You guys are literally the only people I've seen that don't like that arc.

I suppose it followed the 616's Clone Saga in that regard...wait, did it even have potential? I haven't read it since I was a kid, and even then only in bits and pieces.

It was brilliantly terrible.

You guys are literally the only people I've seen that don't like that arc.

I liked the Death of Spider-Man arc, the Clone Saga arc wasn't anything to write home about, though. I'm not entirely sure why Zombi references the Clone Saga arc in regards to the DoSM arc, though.

Or maybe he's doing that thing where he acts more pretentious than pregnant celebrities posing nude for black and white photographs. I don't know.

;)

I never even made it to the Clone Saga because the stuff before it was so bad.

Really? I'll admit it dropped in quality, but I don't think it was ever THAT bad.

Then again, Once I get invested in a series, I find it really hard to give up on it.

I thought I was an Ultimate Universe completist too until most of the comics went to **** at the same time.

I genuinely believe that the only time USM has ever been outright BAD was War of the Symbiotes. It's had plenty of mediocre stuff - including the Clone Saga, which not only built itself up only to fizzle out big time BUT ALSO had themes that had been tackled much better in prior arcs - but I dunno, it's always been at least readable. AND it's had lots of highs, especially after Bendis got his second wind (and third, with the Miles stuff).

But I'm like you Cap - once I get invested in the characters, it tends to take a lot to sour me. In fact, I'm generally willing to forgive weak stories so long as the characters are good, so it's entirely possible that I don't consider many of the arcs bad exclusively because I like the people populating them.

Cover #5:

tumblr_n6epdvrXp41rx5px6o1_500.jpg

Latest posts

Back