Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales Discussion (SPOILERS)

I liked the bit with the Rhino. He's deciding that he's not going to let his Uncle influence his path as a hero any longer - and learning from the tragedy of his uncle's death. If he's going to be a hero, he can't be afraid to use his powers. It is kinda refreshing to see this rather than watching him wallow in self-misery. I do sort of wish that the enemy was something connected to Divided We Fall, though, if only to justify the tie-in banner on the cover (and the summary page).

The web-shooters thing was kinda weird, but it's not necessarily a contradiction. He was playing with Peter's old ones at his house, I believe, whereas May gave him Stark's. The scene works both with and without reading Spider-men.

Last edited:
I do sort of wish that the enemy was something connected to Divided We Fall, though, if only to justify the tie-in banner on the cover (and the summary page).

I thought the tie-in was Cap showing up?

The web-shooters thing was kinda weird, but it's not necessarily a contradiction. He was playing with Peter's old ones at his house, I believe, whereas May gave him Stark's. The scene works both with and without reading Spider-men.

Good point.

Sidenote: I always like when they show Miles next to another Ultimate or really just any adult while he's in the spidey suit LoL he looks even MORE like a kid, making his heroics seem even... cooler? if that makes any sense.

I did like the nod to the Kitty Pryde "You're a jerk!" to Xavier by having Gwen do it to Captain America, exact stance and all.

This last episode was kinda weird because I was struggling with where it happened... I remember him playing with the webshooters at aunt May's so does that mean she already gave them to him? Did she give them to him after she met adult Peter Parker?

there's an article over at CBR, where Bendis says that Miles will have a hard time figurning out Peter's web formula and being able to aford the ingredients. So there will be times where Miles will not be using the Web shooters. Plus Peter had two sets of Web Shooters. His he made and the one's Stark gave him for is birthday.

the watcher said:
there's an article over at CBR, where Bendis says that Miles will have a hard time figurning out Peter's web formula and being able to aford the ingredients. So there will be times where Miles will not be using the Web shooters. Plus Peter had two sets of Web Shooters. His he made and the one's Stark gave him for is birthday.

In other words, they screwed up the continuity again and are making up crap to cover it up.

Ice said:
I did like the nod to the Kitty Pryde "You're a jerk!" to Xavier by having Gwen do it to Captain America, exact stance and all.

Yeah, that was kinda neat.

Last edited:
How is that making up crap? That's exactly what happened. There were two web shooters, and it's not like Miles was given them in Spider-men. He was just playing with Peter's old set. The scene works both with and without the miniseries (I prefer it without, but it's not a continuity messup at all).

Captain Canuck said:
In other words, they screwed up the continuity again and are making up crap to cover it up..

I must have missed something...what was screwed up?

If Spider-Men takes place after the current story in USM, then he already had web shooters in Spider-Men. But he just didn't use them because he hadn't figured them out yet? That sounds a lot to me like some of the aspects of the Spider-Men story didn't fit in with the continuity of the Ultimate universe and then Bendis found a convenient excuse to cover it up. Im not saying his excuse doesn't work, just that it really feels like he's trying to make Spider-Men fit after the fact. If that's the case - and hey, I may be wrong - Im not upset with Bendis about it. I would guess that Divided We Fall/United We Stand was brought in as a major crossover and all the books had to adjust to fit into the narrative of the crossover - Hence the rushed ending to Hickman's Ultimates arc, the changes in creative teams, and the fact that no one's sure when Spider-Men fits into the continuity.

If Spider-Men takes place after the current story in USM, then he already had web shooters in Spider-Men. But he just didn't use them because he hadn't figured them out yet?

And didn't mention or ask about them to Peter at any point in time, especially since he didn't really know how to use them well and had questions about creating the formula? Makes no sense.

And didn't mention or ask about them to Peter at any point in time, especially since he didn't really know how to use them well and had questions about creating the formula? Makes no sense.

None. Whatsoever.

So, we're finally starting to see major crossover into ultimate spidey from all the national fallout going on... and it's pretty cool. I want to see how exactly cap is going to train spidey now that he might become the president of the less than united states.

I would prefer he didn't cross over at all. Spider-Man is always better as a loner, and while I don't mind references to what's going on I would prefer he wasn't involved.

i meant crossover as in actually see things happening in the spidey books that have been going on in ultimates and ultimate xmen. i'm with you on not really being about liking spidey stories be just that - stories about spidey.

Based on December's solicitations, it looks like the point of the crossover is ultimately going to be
how ruinous being with the Ultimates is for a character like Spider-man.

well they're crossing over now. I'm not sure what the chronology is though. Is this issue of USM before or after Cap becomes the president? I'm mostly just happy he's not wearing those stupid shoulder pads any more.

Miles Morales gets a cameo appearance in the USM show when Coulson shows Peter the list of understudies to play Spider-Man in a musical under Flash. Peter was last right under Miles.

Picture2-7.png

Maybe that's what MU Peter Parker saw. :lol:

Last edited:
Miles Morales gets a cameo appearance in the USM show when Coulson shows Peter the list of understudies to play Spider-Man in a musical under Flash. Peter was last right under Miles.

Picture2-7.png

Maybe that's what MU Peter Parker saw. :lol:

How did I miss that?

Latest posts

Back