Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales Discussion (SPOILERS)

Captain Canuck said:
Do we know for sure he's a new venom? It's not just Eddie again?.

According to solicits this Venom has a connection to Miles' dad's past. I guess it's possible it's Eddie, though think it's more likely a new character. Wonder if it could be Ben Reilly (though can't remember if he's still alive or not). He did have possession of the Carnage and Venom "formulas", didn't he?

If it is Reilly, having the Carnage formula wouldn't do anything. Carnage isn't a symbiote that one can just wear in the Ultimate Universe - it's a state of biological flux.

Though I guess he could always CREATE a new Carnage.

The art in #19 is fantastically good. Sara Pichelli's best work. I loved it.

Ganke is an awesome friend and I want him more involved. He reminds me of Samwise Gamgee. Comics need more Samwise Gamgees.

The Venom symboite looks great. It looks how I think it should look. I always hated that smooth, polished look.

Bendis is doing everything right with this book.

20 is awesome. The humour meshes perfectly with the tension in it. I particularly liked the
shirt-tear, the accent, and the web shooter fail.

I'm very interested as to who Venom is, because his dialogue here doesn't make sense for any of the common predictions online (Bugle staff member, Dr. Marcus). Honestly, I hope it's Eddie, though I know that's pretty unlikely.

The double face palm was the best part. The rest of it was a decent way to set up the villain. Although
there didn't seem to be anyone in there...

Last edited:
Remember, though: that happened when Peter beat Eddie, too - AND Eddie got sucked up by the Beetle just fine, human body and all. The Suit must do something to the body's biology to make it collapse like that into a liquid form.

I really liked the connection to Peter's fight with Venom, too. Thought that was a cool touch.

Last edited:
Captain Canuck said:
Okay, but 20 came out yesterday.

I know. But the thread is marked spoilers so the discussion can happen without having to hide anything. Anyone who doesn't want to know anything shouldn't traverse into a spoiler thread.

Last edited:
I know. But the thread is marked spoilers so the discussion can happen without having to hide anything. Anyone who doesn't want to know anything shouldn't traverse into a spoiler thread.

Ice,
surely by now you know we mostly do it to annoy you??

Watcher,
the only thing I know is that I have a grieving Kristen Kruek to take care of. You see, a truck almost ran her over.

You should serenade her with your Justin Timberlake collection. I'm sure she'll be impressed...

The double face palm was the best part. The rest of it was a decent way to set up the villain. Although there didn't seem to be anyone in there...
After reading it today, I had a thought that maybe someone is controlling this new Venom somehow?

You should serenade her with your Justin Timberlake collection. I'm sure she'll be impressed...
She is. We even have tickets to his comeback tour. She said it'll be the best day ever.

Yeah, stuff in spoiler tags are a pain in the butt to read using the mobile app. You have to hit the spoiler mark, which takes you to another page where the text is blacked out (like it appears normally when using an Internet browser), but highlighting it doesn't work like on browser view. So you have to then copy the blacked out portion, and start a thread reply to paste it in just to read the spoiler tags. It sucks.

If there's an easier way to do it in the mobile app, please, let me know.

I could just use Safari on my phone to view the board, but the mobile app loads much faster for me (and I'm an impatient bastard).

Latest posts

Back