How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 15 51.7%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
René said:
No this wasnt an Aztec Mexican monkey it was Mayan.... you can tell by it's nose...

Ummm, if I recall correctly the Mayans were in South America, not Central.

icemastertron said:
No one's said anything about this. This IS true!

Yes, its just not a big deal in my opinion. Now had Reed turned to Magneto and called him Nancy it'd be a different story.

DIrishB said:
Yes, its just not a big deal in my opinion. Now had Reed turned to Magneto and called him Nancy it'd be a different story.
Never meant it as a big deal, but it's just Millar SCREWED up! :lol:

More of a funny thing than anything else.

DIrishB said:
Ummm, if I recall correctly the Mayans were in South America, not Central.

There where no Mayans in South America. There was Mayan in the Yucatan Pennisula. Which is in Mexico.

Kay back to topic now.

DIrishB said:
Are you sure, I could have sworn Machu Pichu was a Mayan built city and that it was in South America, Peru maybe?

Machu Pichu is an Incan temple, and yes it is in Peru.

icemastertron said:
Never meant it as a big deal, but it's just Millar SCREWED up! :lol:

More of a funny thing than anything else.

This is actually not a case of Miller screwing up. You seem so set on this that I feel a bit bad to contradict you, however, this would have been a case of the editor screwing up. Or possibly the typesetter. That's the kind of mistake that the editor is hired to catch, so don't blame Miller.

notTHATtodd said:
This is actually not a case of Miller screwing up. You seem so set on this that I feel a bit bad to contradict you, however, this would have been a case of the editor screwing up. Or possibly the typesetter. That's the kind of mistake that the editor is hired to catch, so don't blame Miller.
Ok. First, im just playing around.

Second, yes, its the editors fault, TOO, but part still goes to Millar because he's the one who made the mistake.

This is really getting out of hand. Does it really matter tha Miller made a mistake?

icemastertron said:
Ok. First, im just playing around.

Second, yes, its the editors fault, TOO, but part still goes to Millar because he's the one who made the mistake.

I know you're just playing around. That's cool with me. It's just that I've done enough writing in the past that have come out garbled do to strange editorial mistakes that I can readily sympathize with Miller.

Oh, and no, it really doesn't matter that there was a mistake. I think of it as catching the wire in a leaping scene from a movie. Just something to laugh about during rewind.

Regarding the thing about Ultimate Reed being tough enough to survive getting bitten, I just like to state that Ultimate Reed and Zombie Reed are from different universes and most likely Zombie Reed has a different anatomical structure. If Zombie Reed and Ultimate Reed had the same structure, the zombie version won't get hungry as well, so it makes sense.

I admit that the Zombie FF at the end was a little repetitive, but I don't know what would have made a more appropriate cliffhanger, so I have no problem with it, not to mention makes me want to read the next one really soon just so see how the UFF will deal with them.

cmdrjanjalani said:
I admit that the Zombie FF at the end was a little repetitive, but I don't know what would have made a more appropriate cliffhanger, so I have no problem with it, not to mention makes me want to read the next one really soon just so see how the UFF will deal with them.

If it had been Spiderman, Daredevil, that C. America guy, and Elektra...that would have been way cooler...

I personally enjoyed the issue, true its not a grand and intricate storyline, but it is a FUN storyline and ultimately thats one of the things I enjoy most. I'm looking forward to #23 to see how this all turns out.

I do like the fact that Magneto was the one to make it out, I just have an affinity for Mags you know. Its to bad that something will probably happen to erase the zombie-verse, it could make for a great story showing Mags and the survivors struggle to make it.

There also seems to be some sort of homage for other zombie movies. The father-daughter couple seems influenced by 28 Days Later and Officer Kelly Ridge pretty much screams Resident Evil's Jill Valentine.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I agree. If it was another character or characters it would have been cooler. Problem is The Zombie Fantastic Four were actually planning on making the jump so that's why it's them.

Don't attempt to color this with the facts...!

Entropy said:
I personally enjoyed the issue, true its not a grand and intricate storyline, but it is a FUN storyline and ultimately thats one of the things I enjoy most. I'm looking forward to #23 to see how this all turns out.

I do like the fact that Magneto was the one to make it out, I just have an affinity for Mags you know. Its to bad that something will probably happen to erase the zombie-verse, it could make for a great story showing Mags and the survivors struggle to make it.

I'm not sure it's possible to have an intricate story line in just 3 issues. That fact alone makes me wonder about the upcoming arcs since all of Miller's have been said to be 3 issues in length.

And I'm not so sure about something causing the zombie verse to be erased as having it around could easily lend itself to nifty halloween issues. Not to mention, that would also require a wrapping up of a storyline that I come NOT to expect from Miller. He seems to like leaving loose ends about for possible expansion later.

cmdrjanjalani said:
There also seems to be some sort of homage for other zombie movies. The father-daughter couple seems influenced by 28 Days Later and Officer Kelly Ridge pretty much screams Resident Evil's Jill Valentine.

I saw it more as a dig at Kirkman's Walking Dead series. Officer Ridge actually looked a bit like a character from that series.

Latest posts

Back