Ultimate Fantastic Four #32 (Discussion/Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't recall Luke Cage being part of the elitely cosmic powered zombies.
He was. I just checked.
TheManWithoutFear said:
You guys sure are scratching here. Doom's appearance should be more significant to Marvel Zombie's events then just "oh, let's wait and see what the next mini does maybe Doom will appear there."

So what are we looking for? Doom managed to escape the Zombies and hide and when the the Acolytes came they couldn't register Doom because he's living breathing metal?

How about this. I think most of you missed the picture when you read the part of Doom's mental state when they caught a glimpse of his mind. He probably is mostly metallic in structure but the point they were trying to get across was his personality was cold and heartless.

If Doom escapes the scanners in someway it'll be because of magic or his own intellect.

I still think there are a lot of holes with Doom showing up when he did. I don't blame them for placeing him at that point in time. Look at the picture, Land's art is brilliant there. But they're gonna have to think of something pretty good to get Doom to tie into the Zombie-Verse continuity correctly.
That's why I believe that the theory about Doom leaving the Zombie Earth before they scan it is most accurate.

Ultimate Warrior said:
After Galactus fell and while they are eating him. A guy as big as Galactus takes awhile to eat you know.

uff32zombieearth.jpg

This is the first sight that meets Victor von Doom when he steps into the Zombie Universe.​

You know, seeing that, I might not have to adjust the timeline placements of Marvel Zombies any at all...

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't recall Luke Cage being part of the elitely cosmic powered zombies. You guys sure are scratching here. Doom's appearance should be more significant to Marvel Zombie's events then just "oh, let's wait and see what the next mini does maybe Doom will appear there."

So what are we looking for? Doom managed to escape the Zombies and hide and when the the Acolytes came they couldn't register Doom because he's living breathing metal?

How about this. I think most of you missed the picture when you read the part of Doom's mental state when they caught a glimpse of his mind. He probably is mostly metallic in structure but the point they were trying to get across was his personality was cold and heartless.

If Doom escapes the scanners in someway it'll be because of magic or his own intellect.

I still think there are a lot of holes with Doom showing up when he did. I don't blame them for placeing him at that point in time. Look at the picture, Land's art is brilliant there. But they're gonna have to think of something pretty good to get Doom to tie into the Zombie-Verse continuity correctly.

Continuity and chronology-wise, no they won't. It makes sense in terms of time passing...the other stuff I won't argue since I still haven't read the issue. :(

DIrishB said:
You know, seeing that, I might not have to adjust the timeline placements of Marvel Zombies any at all...
Maybe not. Galactus is pretty much a skeleton so they have to have eaten him for awhile so the timeline can still be accurate. Yay for you! :D

TheManWithoutFear said:
You guys sure are scratching here. Doom's appearance should be more significant to Marvel Zombie's events then just "oh, let's wait and see what the next mini does maybe Doom will appear there."
Who's scratching and what? The two arcs don't contradict each other in any way, so what's the problem? Doom arrives there at the start of the 5 year gap in the MZ story, during which anything could have happened. We just don't know what yet. It's not like it's the only thing Millar left open for other writers to explore further.

I promise you it'll be explained by either Kirkman's MZ sequel or a future UFF arc.

Goodwill said:
I don't doubt that Doom will be back... I just think that it was wasteful to put him there.
One of the things I would say was accomplished by his killing the Frightful Four and leaving was that he is now established as being more powerful than previously given credit.

personal opinion: I liked it definitifly not. I FIND IT AWESOME!
Doom: being that stupid to go through a portal without returning plan?
FORGET IT
I think he beated them up, told them he is not eatable and let them fly of.
Then he cast a spell what caused new animal life to inhabit earth. after that
he build a portal to another earth and is now "planehopping" to earth-1610

One big question could it be that ultimate Dr.Doom resebles in Charcter more 2099doom
than 616Doom?

Last edited:
Yeah I know, wasn't it just freakin awesome when he ripped Ben's arm off? I can't believe he is that strong now....do you think its his mutation or his magic that makes him strong?

Last edited:
Ultimate Warrior said:
After Galactus fell and while they are eating him. A guy as big as Galactus takes awhile to eat you know.

uff32zombieearth.jpg

This is the first sight that meets Victor von Doom when he steps into the Zombie Universe.​

Thank you very much for that scan... but I wish you didn't show me. All of my hostility towards Marvel Zombies just sparked back up. Damn you, Kirkman!!!

Hellharlequin said:
personal opinion: I liked it definitifly not. I FIND IT AWESOME!
Doom: being that stupid to go through a portal without returning plan?
FORGET IT
I think he beated them up, told them he is not eatable and let them fly of.
Then he cast a spell what caused new animal life to inhabit earth. after that
he build a portal to another earth and is now "planehopping" to earth-1610

One big question could it be that ultimate Dr.Doom resebles in Charcter more 2099doom
than 616Doom?

Galactus and Silver Surfer should have been nigh-impossible to eat aswell, but look at what bad writing does. If they could eat Silver Surfer's seemingly indestructible metal body, then Doom shouldn't be any problem.

Ultimate Deadpool said:
Galactus and Silver Surfer should have been nigh-impossible to eat aswell, but look at what bad writing does. If they could eat Silver Surfer's seemingly indestructible metal body, then Doom shouldn't be any problem.
Different Silver Surfer, different rules.

Ultimate Deadpool said:
Thank you very much for that scan... but I wish you didn't show me. All of my hostility towards Marvel Zombies just sparked back up. Damn you, Kirkman!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I loved this page... Gruesome and awesome.

Kirkman is the man! 8)

Lithium said:
they cant have FF without doom, question is, how are they gonna bring him back?
What's the quickest way to explain anything away?

Magic.

What did Doom recently learn?

Magic.

How is Doom getting back?

Magik. With a k.

Did anyone else notice how this sort of followed some of the same plot points as "Unthinkable" (Mark Waid, 616 FF)?

Ultimate Warrior said:
Maybe not. Galactus is pretty much a skeleton so they have to have eaten him for awhile so the timeline can still be accurate. Yay for you! :D

Indeed.

By the way, the timeline is updated through last week's Ultimate books (UFF #32 and Annual #2, and Squadron Supreme #6).

Goodwill said:
I don't doubt that Doom will be back... I just think that it was wasteful to put him there.

Why? We haven't seen what will come of his trip to Zombie-Earth...it could lead into an amazing story arc later on...don't be premature, Goody (though your girlfriend tells me you can't help it... ;) )

Ultimate Deadpool said:

Why are you still applying 616 rules and logic to a totally separate reality? While in all appearances most everything seems to be the same, right down to the costumes and powers, there could be other subtle differences in the realities...like Surfer and Galactus aren't as powerful and omnipotent where a group of super-powered individuals fueled by a zombie virus are capable of defeating (and eating) them.

Besides...the 616 universe has no relation to the Ultimate/Zombie/Supreme multi-verse anyway, so the Ultimate universe should be the tablet you're basing your comparisons on, not 616 (despite the overwhelming similarities between the two...of course, it was intentional).

My advice...relax...don't take it so seriously (and I do admit I feel hypocritial saying that being the resident "timeline" guy).

MaxwellSmart said:
Different Silver Surfer, different rules.

Thats a much simpler way of putting it.

E said:
Did anyone else notice how this sort of followed some of the same plot points as "Unthinkable" (Mark Waid, 616 FF)?

No...course I didn't read that arc, nor any 616 FF either.

Latest posts

Back