Ultimate Origins series discussion [Bendis/Guice] [spoilers]

Re: Ultimate Origins discussion (spoilers)

I want the Fisk and Fury in this too be the current characters fathers so much.

But I got a feeling that, Fisk like Fury was experimented on by the government, and that the Ultimate Super Soldier Serum, is more or less a cocktail of the Serum and the Infinity Formula, slowing the aging would explain why the characters don't appear to be in their 70's as they should if they had been in WW2

it would also explain how Fisk would be strong enough to be able to crush a mans head with his bare hands

I don't like the idea myself, but I have a feeling that that's how it's going to turn out

I liked it. I want to vomit cos of Wolverine being the first mutant.

And it said like 6 years later at one point - which woulda put "Lucky Jim" out of the Captain America picture, right? See Ultimate Nightmare for that one.

F'n Bendis.

I liked it. I want to vomit cos of Wolverine being the first mutant.

And it said like 6 years later at one point - which woulda put "Lucky Jim" out of the Captain America picture, right? See Ultimate Nightmare for that one.

F'n Bendis.

Thats a simple retcon away...just make mention of the fact that Wolverine was let out of Weapon X control to do missions, then returned to be experimented on...it probably wasn't intended (Bendis can't add), but it could be explained in this capacity. Besides, it basically mirrors what the X-Men were forced to do in the Ultimate X-Men Weapon X arc by Millar.

Anyway, when does #2 come out?

Ultimate Origins #2 discussion (spoilers)

ultimateorigins2c.jpg

Ultimate Origins #2 will arrive in stores on July 10 from Marvel Comics. The issue is written by Brian Michael Bendis, with art by Butch Guice and a cover by Simone Bianchi.

Here's how Marvel describes the issue:

"Revealed: The secret history of the Ultimate Universe! For the first time in 70 years, a strange object within Project Pegasus has awoken -- as bit by fascinating bit, the long buried mysteries are being exposed! Journey back to World War II, and discover that the deadliest threat to young Steve Rogers was not the Nazis, but an ancient threat from worlds beyond!"

See a preview of this issue here: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0807/04/marvelfirsts.htm

Note: this preview is near bottom of page.

Last edited:

Gotta love the hot *** shot.

Ooh baby.

Some things are best left unanswered and unconnected. In real life, sometimes a bunch of random stuff just happens, there is no need try and connect it.

Where are you getting Red Skull from?

I think that object's gonna turn out to be Ultimate Watcher.

Re: Ultimate Origins #2 discussion (spoilers)

I'm guessing the cover of the next issue will be Fury. I hope after that we get a two-page spread of Fisk in his birthday suit.

next one is magneto, 4th is Hulk, and the 5th I'm guessing is going to be Spider-Man

Re: Ultimate Origins #2 discussion (spoilers)

next one is magneto, 4th is Hulk, and the 5th I'm guessing is going to be Spider-Man

How do you know?

If everything's connected, then I'm guessing Spider-Man, Hulk, and all the other mutants and super-soldiers are variations of Fury/Wolverine/Fisk.

Last edited:

I was so disappointed with the Captain America 'butt shot' cover that, for once, I had to go with the variant (same price, I'm not THAT picky). Bianchi has him facing forward, thank God.

Latest posts

Back