Ultimate Roxxon Corporation (Speculation)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Bendis has brought it up recently on two different occasions that I can think of (correct me if I'm wrong). We know they're working with Adamantium Metal and that they're obviously rivals of Oscorp. Think they rival Stark Enterprises as well? Do you think Bendis has big plans for it? Who do you think will be involved?

i have no idea what to think, but im pretty sure they (roxxon) will show up again and in other titles....

my first reaction would be adamantium = ult wolvie....but im trying not to think that way...

i do think a villain will surface out of the roxxon situation though..

The Captain said:
my first reaction would be adamantium = ult wolvie....but im trying not to think that way...

You don't have to think that way. Sure it should be your first thought but there's plenty of other uses for the adamantium. I used it in the RPG for Stilt-Man for COL. I'm really hopeing it's used for the goblin's glider. The possibilities are endless though.

Roxxon was the building where killershirk attacked right?
And now they wanted to buy out oscorp

I do think that Bendis is trying to find a way to have new villains introduced and what better way than to introduce another industrial giant? Roxxon seems to have just a little less than Oscorp, however, I do think that Bendis will jump into that. I'm thinking Scorpion will come out of Roxxon and, hopefully, many more villains.

Goodwill said:
I do think that Bendis is trying to find a way to have new villains introduced and what better way than to introduce another industrial giant? Roxxon seems to have just a little less than Oscorp, however, I do think that Bendis will jump into that. I'm thinking Scorpion will come out of Roxxon and, hopefully, many more villains.
Well as far as I know the 616 Roxxon was an energy company that has a name that was a homonym to Exxon. I'd like to see Ultimate Roxxon pursue that direction, to the extent that it will allow writers to use a corporation that ISN'T about weapons or genetic development or human enhancement.

Roxxon, Ultimate or not, as a fuel company should allow writers to pursue issues that we don't normally consider as topical within a superhero universe, such as how corporate effects can influence the policies of government and industry, and thus affecting the world. There's also a lot of conspiracy hoo-ha going around about how oil companies are "conspiring" to stop the development of alternative energy sources like solar power and hydro-electric car engines. This would be an intriguing way to go.

Well, I'm afraid that's a little too late for that and it's not like we have Millar here on USM to paint that picture for us. With Killer Shrike breaking in and making it more than just a company where they produce oil and everything, I think there's something more to it than we're putting on; especially now since they are messing with Harry's land. It may be that Harry goes after Roxxon first because his father was so competitive with them.

TheManWithoutFear said:
any more to that theory? Anyway I hope you're wrong.
Nope. Just a hunch.
That would make a big impact in the Spider-man history for Roxxon and a cheap way to make people remember them.

If I like the Idea? Not really. But it would be better than finding out that Oscorp was behind it (too much evil done by ONE corporation in that case). I would like the death of Peter's parents to be a complete accident but in the comic world there are no such things, only unused opportunities.

The title pretty much implied that Trask killed both Eddie Sr. and Parker so that they could have free range of using the Suit to what they wanted to do, which was turn it into a weapon... I'm guessing they were trying to come up with a super soldier "serum", too.

Goodwill said:
Well, I'm afraid that's a little too late for that and it's not like we have Millar here on USM to paint that picture for us. With Killer Shrike breaking in and making it more than just a company where they produce oil and everything, I think there's something more to it than we're putting on; especially now since they are messing with Harry's land. It may be that Harry goes after Roxxon first because his father was so competitive with them.
Whoa. So much happening. I'm totally behind on USM by relying on them hardbacks.

Well, I guess it is understandable... You don't like cliffhangers and, although I don't really SEE why, I do respect that. You keep a good conversation going, though...

Now, Roxxon has an adamantium cache. What do you think they are doing with something like that? I think that whole scene could be elaborated on...

Latest posts

Back