Ultimate Spider-Man #103... SPOILERS!

you know i don't understand this arc very much

everything in the issue's is decent to pretty good, but these "shock" cliff hangers make everyone including my self want to throw up because it is so horribley stupid. it's like if i buy and issue of USM i should just rip the last page out of the book without reading it and the issue will feel alot better

this was actually a good issue except for the ending i'd rate it a solid 4/5 without the cliffhanger but a very generous 3/5 with it

and Keehar welcome to UC, i see you've still got some enthusiasm for these books, these guys will stamp it out of you in a couple of months just as they did to me. BUT you are wrong about the ultimate universe as a whole it's not solely a universe where every character has to have something drastically different about them, in fact it's quite the opposite the characters are supposed to be nearly identical to the way they were during their 616 debut but placed into a modern perspective to put a new twist on classic stories

ultimate venom wasn't different from 616 venom solely because he "had" to be different, they just re-did the origin to make it sound more acceptable for a modern story

*EDIT* everybody do a dance of joy ultimate Tarantula's dead HOORAY!

Last edited:
Meh. It's not the cliffhangers that kill me (not that they don't suck) but rather the crappy story, mediocre art, irritating story, lack of character development (besides Peter becoming more angsty) and Mary Jane not being dead.

Ooooh, how I want to see Ultimate MJ put through a meat grinder...

I really don't understand all this Bagley hate. He's been great for nearly his entire run on the book.

I just feels like people are looking for things they can nitpick.

Ah well. I can't wait for #104.

I really don't understand all this Bagley hate. He's been great for nearly his entire run on the book.

i got no hate for bagley, he's a great artist, but the colourer thay've had doing his work for the last bunch of arc's hasn't been very good

the art in this issue was actually really good, best it's been in awhile

I actually read the issue, hooray.

Bagley continues to suck at drawing Sue Storm. All the other art was just average.

Peter should totally kill Doc Ock. The guy doesn't deserve to live. A thousand Thors? Yeah, I think the real Thor might have something to say about that. And by "something to say about that", I mean he's gonna shove his hammer up your ***. If Peter doesn't kill him, I think Fury would have him assassinated. This guy's a great villain--I hated his Magento powers, though.

Poor Tarantula. He never did get a personality. Or a name. Everyone kept calling him "the six armed one". And I stopped hating his look when someone on another board called him fuzzy. He's not stupid-looking, he's fuzzy. That amuses me for some weird reason.

If I could change things about this saga, I would have had Tarantula knock Kaine out at the end of 100, get rid of Carnage-Gwen, and one last thing:

Instead of "IT WAS THE METAL!", Peter just kills him. The end. How badass would that have been? No stupid cliffhanger, no big fight scene, just *snap*. Everyone's all hyped up from the issue and it ends with Otto's head facing the opposite way from his body. I think that would have been perfect. Imagine how that would've affected Peter's character--he would've known he was in no immediate danger and he'd always question why he did it, for revenge or to stop more cloning? It would change the dynamic of his relationship with Fury forever. Presumably, those last two things will happen anyway, but I just think it would have been the perfect climax for the saga.

Finally got my books today.

And I read this issue.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This is the worst crap I've ever read. This book is worse than Ultimate Iron Man

Oh my God! Richard Parker is a clone?! WOW! How original! How ULTIMATE!

As for Doctor OctaMagnetopus (we have to use this name for him - say it, it's fun), I couldn't have fathomed that Bendis could destroy 2 major characters in the same arc like this. But he did it! Truly he is one of the great writers of our generation. Not many people could ruin things like this.

I didn't read all 8 pages of this thread, but was anyone else struck by the irony when Peter whispered (about MJ) - "You ruined her."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That Bendis, what a wacky sense of humor!

I award this 0/5 stars, and may God have mercy on Bendis's soul.

As an aspiring artist myself (kind of) I'd like to point out that Bagley sucks. His style is contrived from the fact that anime-inspired art is ever so popular now-a-days and his proportions are unrealistic. Everything even remotely technological ends up looking all sci-fi...lame.

But if you like him, then whatever. To each his own.

May God have mercy on Bendis's soul.

You know how when you click on the forums, you have that menu of the different sections, like the Ultimate Universe and the Lounge? And how beneath the name of the section, there's a little summary of what's discussed in that section?

USM's summary should be changed to this.

Finally got my books today.

And I read this issue.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This is the worst crap I've ever read. This book is worse than Ultimate Iron Man

Oh my God! Richard Parker is a clone?! WOW! How original! How ULTIMATE!

As for Doctor OctaMagnetopus (we have to use this name for him - say it, it's fun), I couldn't have fathomed that Bendis could destroy 2 major characters in the same arc like this. But he did it! Truly he is one of the great writers of our generation. Not many people could ruin things like this.

I didn't read all 8 pages of this thread, but was anyone else struck by the irony when Peter whispered (about MJ) - "You ruined her."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That Bendis, what a wacky sense of humor!

I award this 0/5 stars, and may God have mercy on Bendis's soul.

You're right. Everyone keeps saying that this is the best issue in the Clone Sage so far. I don't think these people know what they're talking about.

You're right. Everyone keeps saying that this is the best issue in the Clone Sage so far. I don't think these people know what they're talking about.

Being the best issue in this arc is a lot like being the best piece of **** in a toilet bowl full of turds.

Aside from the Richard Parker was a clone copout, I thought this was alright. I'll be satisfied with this arc as long as they don't kill off Spider-Girl/Woman/Whatever and toss out so much potential.

Doc Ock is Magneto 2? Eh, I'll live with it. I guess you gotta bring those arms back somehow.

Last edited:
Aside from the Richard Parker was a clone copout, I thought this was alright. I'll be satisfied with this arc as long as they don't kill off Spider-Girl/Woman/Whatever and toss out so much potential.

Doc Ock is Magneto 2? Eh, I'll live with it. I guess you gotta bring those arms back somehow.

Right. Next lets have Nick Fury take away Peter's spider-powers like he said he would in Hobgoblin. Then we can have Peter be a mutant with all of the Powers of Wolverine (who just isn't in enough comics now-a-days). I guess you gotta bring back the whole "This is supposed to be a spider-man comic" dynamic somehow.

it's funny how bendis wrote,

"he ruined her, he infected her with oz, and he ruined her"

taken out of context that's the general idea around Mj-goblin

I think THATs my main issue with Doctor OctaMagnetopus [Keep it alive! seriously say it aloud], the metal thing is unnessary, would anyone complain if at the beggining of the fight Doc took off his coat and started smacking the clones around with a newly constructed batch of arms? Seriously when we, the readers, can think up more rational and competent plot developments, there is an issue.

I would have been fine with ock having to use a arm controlling headband [See Octo-Spidey] or just say that he redid the experiment but it's unnessary crap that's hurting the Bendis story.

I have to agree with E on many points, the reason the ultimate universe was created is so we could scoop things like the Richard Parker clone [ see ASM # 365-way too long] under a rug. May God have mercy on his soul indeed.

something been digging in the back of my head since i read this issue, does richard have peter's powers? if he does i think there is a good story in their

the thing about him is he is technically his own son, i think that's another step further than the waking up one day and your a chick problem facing spider-woman

could the ultimate scarlet spider be richard parker?

something been digging in the back of my head since i read this issue, does richard have peter's powers? if he does i think there is a good story in their

the thing about him is he is technically his own son, i think that's another step further than the waking up one day and your a chick problem facing spider-woman

could the ultimate scarlet spider be richard parker?

A good story?

Being the best issue in this arc is a lot like being the best piece of **** in a toilet bowl full of turds.

to copy E.... Bawahahahahahahahahaha. I've always wanted to do that. If I was admin, that would be quote of the year. Quick, dub me admin for a day. Wait.... :lol: okay now.

to copy E.... Bawahahahahahahahahaha. I've always wanted to do that. If I was admin, that would be quote of the year. Quick, dub me admin for a day. Wait.... :lol: okay now.

I second this...heck if could i would have your babies E...i dont how..but i'll find a way.

Side note...Doc Octomagnapus seems more like mettllo seeing since he controls metal ....just saying....

Latest posts

Back