Ultimate Spider-Man #106 SPOILERS

This actually wasn't too bad. And the cliffhanger was definitely one of the better ones Bendis has done in recent memory.

Still, the scenes with Peter & MJ at the Baxter Building just seemed so forced. That should not be a comfortable position for Peter. He shouldn't be having fun. He shouldn't like dropping his girlfriend off for the Fantastic 4 to babysit.

I was most interested in what comes of Kingpin running the marketability of Spider-Man into the ground. That's a cool idea.

Jessica Jones...meh. So what. I preferred the original, ubernerd Jessica Jones.

3/5. Major improvement.

Please don't tell me you were one of the people just complaining that they didn't like the fact that there are more super hero supporting cast members...

I don't care about how many superheroes are introduced. I'm not even in love with the Kitty character. I just like the Kitty/Peter dynamic and HATE MJ/Peter.

Otherwise...this was a solid issue. I disliked the Shang-Chi scene and I didn't really enjoy the Fantastic Four part either. Matt Murdock approaching Peter in school, however, was awesome. I don't really know why.

What dynamic? Whatever we were promised out of that relationship was wasted... The Deadpool arc, which was supposed to focus on Peter and Kitty did little else but make people angry that Bendis ultimized Deadpool with such little thought. I don't remember THAT much interaction between Kitty and Peter at all.

Hmm..
Let's pretend like we are MJ.

well I am only 15
my father hates me
my boyfriend is spider-man!
my ex is a multimillonaire freak
my ex's father is another multimillonaire freak
i have been thrown off a bridge by my ex's multimillonaire freak father
my multimillonaire freak ex throws cars on me!
i get calls from my boyfriend in the middle of the night telling that he got shot
i don't even have super powers!
the hot blonde that sleeps in my boyfriend's house suddenly got extremely old and died in the frontyard

looks like mj has every right to be the drama queen she is, i actually think that she is a strong character because she still has the strength to be a part of peter's life!

Maybe so. That doesn't mean I want to read about her being whiny.

I don't care about how many superheroes are introduced. I'm not even in love with the Kitty character. I just like the Kitty/Peter dynamic and HATE MJ/Peter.

Otherwise...this was a solid issue. I disliked the Shang-Chi scene and I didn't really enjoy the Fantastic Four part either. Matt Murdock approaching Peter in school, however, was awesome. I don't really know why.

I agree with what's his face

What dynamic? Whatever we were promised out of that relationship was wasted... The Deadpool arc, which was supposed to focus on Peter and Kitty did little else but make people angry that Bendis ultimized Deadpool with such little thought. I don't remember THAT much interaction between Kitty and Peter at all.

I don't agree with you, simply because Wade_Wilson never mention the Deadpool arc. The first rule of the Deadpool arc is no one mentions the Deadpool arc

Last edited:
hmm
to tell the truth, I will prefer MJ as peter's girl as long as she is the hot redhead she is.

ultimate deadpool? where?
i don't see any ultimate deadpools, but the "ultimate" costume in "ultimate alliance" looks cool, maybe if they try to reuse ultimate deadpool he will be cooler.

How many times do I have to repeat myself. There was definitely a unique dynamic between Peter and Kitty it was a huge metaphor for Peter's fulfilling Spider-Man's needs and not the needs of his normal life. That was the dynamic and it ran it's course. And Peter loves Mary Jane not Kitty. He has thrills with Kitty but it isn't the same so the year that was Peter/Kitty was plenty long enough.

Latest posts

Back