Ultimate Spider-Man #106 SPOILERS

You guys whine more than Kitty does!

I finally read a good USM issue, and I wanna enjoy it.
stop whining, and do what I do

you'll probably have a lot of time to argue about the personality change in daredevil.

I read this comic at the shop yesterday while I waited for them to finish pulling the rest of my list. I still refuse to give money to this book anymore.

This issue doesn't suck......but it wasn't great either. New arc issues normally are like that. It's still too early to tell whether or not the book is turning a corner for the better.

The DD/Peter thing was kinda stupid. For the same reasons MWoF stated. Peter is with MJ again....which was needed. Kitty has now transfered to Midtown High? For what? It's dumb....but since she's left the mansion I guess it's the only logical choice. Still stupid.

No rating....the book is just there.

The DD/Peter thing was kinda stupid. For the same reasons MWoF stated. Peter is with MJ again....which was needed. Kitty has now transfered to Midtown High? For what? It's dumb....but since she's left the mansion I guess it's the only logical choice. Still stupid.

I disagree with you on this one. I felt PEter being with Kitty was much better than Peter being with MJ.

That may be because I find Ultimate MJ to be much less of a character than 616 MJ is. 616 MJ Always struck me as a strong girl. Ultimate MJ strikes me as a weak minded girl.

I disagree with you on this one. I felt PEter being with Kitty was much better than Peter being with MJ.

That may be because I find Ultimate MJ to be much less of a character than 616 MJ is. 616 MJ Always struck me as a strong girl. Ultimate MJ strikes me as a weak minded girl.

she seems so whiny and needy and it seems that peter enables her to act that way.

Hey... look at this. Finally something positive in the Ultimate line... The real Bendis must have broken free from his imprisonment in the cellar and killed the evil clone who took his name somewhere after the Sable arc...

1. Back with the high school cast (in this case MJ) and the Bugle cast.
2. Clean art
3. Peter didn´t cry or scream in angst even once - he actually smiled once or twice!
4. street level action, without spider slayers, clones and hairy genetic freaks.

And what do you know. A good issue that makes me want the next one!

Ultimate MJ strikes me as a weak minded girl.

Yeah, but I haven't met many 15 year old girls who are any different. The ones I have, well, you couldn't base a multi-arc, year-spanning serialized Super-Soap Opera on and still expect readers each month. MJ has years ahead of her and plenty of room to grow.

Hmm..
Let's pretend like we are MJ.

well I am only 15
my father hates me
my boyfriend is spider-man!
my ex is a multimillonaire freak
my ex's father is another multimillonaire freak
i have been thrown off a bridge by my ex's multimillonaire freak father
my multimillonaire freak ex throws cars on me!
i get calls from my boyfriend in the middle of the night telling that he got shot
i don't even have super powers!
the hot blonde that sleeps in my boyfriend's house suddenly got extremely old and died in the frontyard

looks like mj has every right to be the drama queen she is, i actually think that she is a strong character because she still has the strength to be a part of peter's life!

Hmm..

well I am only 15
my father hates me
i get calls from my boyfriend in the middle of the night telling that he got shot
the hot blonde that sleeps in my boyfriend's house suddenly got extremely old and died in the frontyard

looks like mj has every right to be the drama queen she is, i actually think that she is a strong character because she still has the strength to be a part of peter's life!

i i were her, i'd be happy gwen died...les competition. 8)

vaginas can brainwash people?

They've always had sway over me...I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm a zombie for the coin-slot.

HAHA!

MJ is an emotional wreck!

Kitty is just a jealous girlfriend archetype.

Kitty's a crazy *****. Those desperate, pathetic types of female are all yours, Houdey.

Kitty was nothing more than a reason for Spider-Man to have a girlfriend. Peter wasn't fulfilling his needs as Peter Parker. I'm pretty sure Bendis made it pretty clear during The Deadpool ar. Mary Jane sucked in the past but Bendis has done a great job developing her from the emotional and idiotic wreck we saw in Hobgoblin.

Agreed.

i i were her, i'd be happy gwen died...les competition. 8)

Insecure much? ;)

While we're on the Kitty and MJ swing of things...I'd like to point out that while Kitty got jealous once...and, understandably, freaked out when she saw Peter kissing MJ, she's much less irritating than MJ is.

I'm not particularly fond of Kitty...but I hate MJ with a burning intensity and thought that the only good part of Hobgoblin was when Peter dumped her ***.

As for the issue itself...3/5. Not clone-sage-esk crap, but not very interesting either.

Good issue, I'd give it a 4/5. After a while you just have to enjoy the good issues, thus I'm not going to nitpick (not that there was much to nitpick. I liked most of it.)

I'm looking forward to Kitty being in Peter's school...it's about time we got back to that side of USM. It's been sorely missed.

Good issue, I'd give it a 4/5. After a while you just have to enjoy the good issues, thus I'm not going to nitpick (not that there was much to nitpick. I liked most of it.)

I'm looking forward to Kitty being in Peter's school...it's about time we got back to that side of USM. It's been sorely missed.

Good call on simplifying the review of the issue.

Hmm..

well I am only 15
my father hates me

Or she's just clingy

Hmm..

well I am only 15
my father hates me

Or it could be like a battered woman type of thing. You know, when they stay or think they need to stay with the guy even though he causing her so much pain.

Oh, and Gwen didn't get old really fast. She had all her body fluids sucked out of her. Like in the Mummy or (I hate myself for even admitting of watching this film (yes, its that horrible)) Mosquito.

Last edited:
Look guys - MJ is more bearable than Kitty is when it comes to who is dating Peter. That's enough of that...

Goodness... :)

Or it could be like a battered woman type of thing. You know, when they stay or think they need to stay with the guy even though he causing her so much pain.

Oh God I hope Bendis doesn't see this and thinks it's a good idea. Let MJ be strong!

Latest posts

Back