Ultimate Spider-Man #106 SPOILERS

Goodwill

Wow. Actually REALLY liked it.

I came home from college last night to find a number of comics on my bed... This one included. After reading the end and epilogue to the clone saga, I was hoping that USM would pick up a little after the uninspiring ending to the clone saga.

This issue was packed with just the right kinda thing.

Kingpin. DD. Shang Chi. ULTIMATE JESSICA JONES. ULTIMATE ROSE. Peter and MJ are back together.... AND Kitty is the new student at Midtown High. I think the title is moving in a good direction.

4/5

Who is Rose?

I hope its the guy from way back with the purple mask.
He was awesome!

(I know people hate me for loving many of the 90's characters, but seriously, its my childhood comics and i adore them :oops: )

Wait, the Rose as in Kingpin's son??

Interesting.

What's Ultimate Jessica Jones doing?

Wow. Actually REALLY liked it.

I came home from college last night to find a number of comics on my bed... This one included. After reading the end and epilogue to the clone saga, I was hoping that USM would pick up a little after the uninspiring ending to the clone saga.

This issue was packed with just the right kinda thing.

Kingpin. DD. Shang Chi. ULTIMATE JESSICA JONES. ULTIMATE ROSE. Peter and MJ are back together.... AND Kitty is the new student at Midtown High. I think the title is moving in a good direction.

4/5

Yah, I liked this one too. I really looking forward to what happens next.

Who is Rose?

Most likely Richard Fisk.

I hope its the guy from way back with the purple mask.
He was awesome!

(I know people hate me for loving many of the 90's characters, but seriously, its my childhood comics and i adore them :oops: )

I not sure putting a mask on this one would be good. But I could see him becomeing a big pain in Spidey's side.

Wait, the Rose as in Kingpin's son??

Interesting.

make sense. As for Jessica Jones it could be just a random Ultimizing.

****ing Luke Cage. ULTIMATE ****ING, that is!

...???

As for my own thougts... I though it was a pretty good issue. Could Bendis be making a come back???... ...naw, Its to early to tell. But having your ex. after a not a break up, but her finding out hes back with the older girlfriend... and haveing to spend most of your day with that person... that going to be intersting by itself. but also the Ultimate Marvel Knights and the Kingpin... Thats going to be a head ache.

... DAMMIT BENDIS, why did you have to make the issue get me interested? I actually liked this issue, probably because we are getting away from the ridiculus eispionage-and-****ed-up-experiments plots and back to the streets where Bendis belongs. But I have a feeling this arc will fall flat at the end. I'm not happy with Kitty being here, it was fun while it lasted but her having powers just takes away from the normal social life Peter should be having. Also I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES!!! I hate them with such a passion the world cant comprehand. Will I be dropping this, no, Bendis you have one last shot to make me happy so dont ****ing blow it.

She's a senior at the school talking to Peter's class about the school TV broadcasting. Also did anyone else think that was Ultimate Wrecking Crew in the begining?

And it's a miracle, I actualy got this comic on time!

I actually liked this issue, probably because we are getting away from the ridiculus eispionage-and-****ed-up-experiments plots and back to the streets where Bendis belongs.
Well that's not nice. :p

I'm not happy with Kitty being here, it was fun while it lasted but her having powers just takes away from the normal social life Peter should be having.
So that means now USM jumps ahead to right after UXM 79 in the timeline.

Rose is a z list villain that ran with Kingpin back in the day. If I do remember correctly, he did wear a purple mask, too. I doubt if he will this time around... At first glance, I thought he'd be Smythe, which would have been awesome, but no such luck.

The Wrecking Crew were in the beginning, yes.

What happened to Elektra, by the way? Is she no longer working for Kingpin if he's looking for new hands?

One of my first comics was an Amazing Spider-Man issue dealing with The Rose recruiting Electro. Spider-Man had an awesome new costume which was shock proof or something and him and X-Man teamed up to fight the suped up Electro.

I have nothing else to add to this thread, but The Rose was pretty cool.

Oh My God, this wasn't horrible!

nothing worth raving from the mountain tops but it was pretty decent, the Shang-Chi thing was a bit of a joke but otherwise it was good

3/5

I love the Ultimate Jessica Jones. I bet fanboys are pissed everywhere.

The twist new student got me. I don't know why I wasn't expecting it but this is going to complicate a lot of things for the social aspect of the book.

Ultimate Rose looks like he's going to be a badass assasin... unless Bendis gives him Magnetic powers somewhere along the line, he should be very cool.

Wrecking Crew was hilarious.

I shudder at the mere mention of Reed running more tests on MJ. I just want that Nightmare goblin to be gone away with completely. I need assurance it'll never be back.

Unfortunately the worst thing about the issue was Daredevil. That was the worst dialogue I think I've ever read. How many times is he going to repeat "I'm forming something to take down the Kingpin." And he plays PG with Shang-Chi saying that he simply wants to "stop" him but with Peter it's "Kill" him?! :shock: What the ****? He didn't even want him in tights now he wants him murdering someone? I thought the whole scene with Murdock/Peter was pretty cool besides that.

3.5/5

Haven't got it yet. Just answer me this: does Spider-Man make a total *** out of himself when talking to Daredevil?

not really, he actually talked alot like 616 spider-man did whenever Nick Fury showed up in his private life, you know before everything was ruined in 616

Unfortunately the worst thing about the issue was Daredevil. That was the worst dialogue I think I've ever read. How many times is he going to repeat "I'm forming something to take down the Kingpin." And he plays PG with Shang-Chi saying that he simply wants to "stop" him but with Peter it's "Kill" him?! What the ****? He didn't even want him in tights now he wants him murdering someone? I thought the whole scene with Murdock/Peter was pretty cool besides that.

Surprisingly enough, that was my only gripe as well. I really liked this issue quite a bit. This looks to be the perfect swan song for Bagely.

I really like the role that Daredevil is fitting into in the UU. He's almost the father of the street crime hero pool. Being older than Peter gives a real cool edge on things... For now, I like where Murdock is headed. I had no problems with his dialogue, although I'm not familiar with him in 616, so...

Latest posts

Back