Ultimate Spider-Man #106 SPOILERS

That wasn't the Wrecking Crew, that was Damage Control.

This issue was really good.

Bagley did a great job too.

I hope Peter gets back with Kitty.

Me too. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but I hate Ultimate MJ.

I say no, they shouldn't. Peter needs a stable character in his social/normal life. They should not mix that with his superhero life, they need to stay separate, and Kitty just makes that connection worst. I dont care whether you dont want MJ or not, I think she's good, but he definitely needs someone normal and interact with his fellow students than superheroes

So that means now USM jumps ahead to right after UXM 79 in the timeline.

Yup, it would appear so. I've updated the timeline to reflect these changes, so check it out. I guess we have to assume in the recent UXM issues (which must have come after Clone Saga) that Kitty didn't feel like mentioning her and Peter's break-up to her team members (maybe she was embarrassed, maybe she just didn't feel like talking about it, maybe Bendis and Kirkman didn't get their parallel plot-lines involving the two straight before submitting issues).

Haven't got it yet. Just answer me this: does Spider-Man make a total *** out of himself when talking to Daredevil?

Actually, for once he doesn't. He seems a bit surprised by Daredevil's proposition, but thats usually to be expected when someone asks you to help kill someone else.

That wasn't the Wrecking Crew, that was Damage Control.

Um, aren't they one and the same (sorta)? I though the Ultimate version of Wrecking Crew was called Damage Control, given their different career choices in the two universes (616 are a bunch of thieves and thugs, the Ultimate version are a bunch of low-lifes who clean up after catastrophies which usually involve super-heroes).

I don't. I'm glad he's back with MJ. Kitty was way more annoying. At least MJ can handle herself better emotionally, even without super-powers.

I can't believe it, but I enjoyed this issue. I thought last issue was ok, but this one I actually liked. The Kingpin stories by Bendis are always done well, and he definitly writes Ultimate DD as well as the 616 version (even if we hardly ever see him in the title, he's still awesome!).

I even was tickled pink by Bendis actually making an attempt at continuity. He mentions "the Ultimates" incident (which could either be the events of Ultimates 2, or more likely the events of Ultimate Power) a few times, has Kitty appearing at Peter's high school (obviously after leaving the X-Men and moving back to Queens).

Not much I can complain about with this issue.

For the first time in a long time (at least a few years), I'm giving an USM issue a positive rating. It gets a 4/5 from me!!

Hope the rest of this arc keeps up that trend and Bendis sends Bagley out in style with a respectable arc.

Last edited:
Yup, it would appear so. I've updated the timeline to reflect these changes, so check it out. I guess we have to assume in the recent UXM issues (which must have come after Clone Saga) that Kitty didn't feel like mentioning her and Peter's break-up to her team members (maybe she was embarrassed, maybe she just didn't feel like talking about it, maybe Bendis and Kirkman didn't get their parallel plot-lines involving the two straight before submitting issues).

Maybe she didn't think they were broken up. She saw him kissing MJ, but Peter never called her. Maybe she's making one last, major attempt to reconcile things and stay with him.

I really hope so. I know that it's not popular in these parts, but I love the Peter/Kitty relationship. I don't really know why.

Maybe she didn't think they were broken up. She saw him kissing MJ, but Peter never called her. Maybe she's making one last, major attempt to reconcile things and stay with him.

Thats entirely possible as well...in fact, it seems the most likely given Kitty's character (at least to me).

Wade_Wilson said:
I really hope so. I know that it's not popular in these parts, but I love the Peter/Kitty relationship. I don't really know why.

You like annoying, whiny, *****y teenage girls? Not that MJ is much better, but Kitty was unbearable towards the end.

Thats entirely possible as well...in fact, it seems the most likely given Kitty's character (at least to me).

You like annoying, whiny, *****y teenage girls? Not that MJ is much better, but Kitty was unbearable towards the end.

That's totally untrue. MJ is MUCH worse. Man, I hate that whore...

Yeah, kitty was irritating during the clone saga, but MJ is irritating all of the time.

So? Kitty was irritating the whole time as well. We'll have to chalk up our difference of opinion to you having no idea what you're talking about.

;)

I do so know what I'm talking about. MJ is a crazy, evil, psycho-*****. Kitty is just a regular teenage girl. I've done research. EXTENSIVE research. I'm a scientific expert.

You shouldn't argue with someone who is as well-respected as I.

I do so know what I'm talking about. MJ is a crazy, evil, psycho-*****. Kitty is just a regular teenage girl. I've done research. EXTENSIVE research. I'm a scientific expert.

So is Billy Graham, according to some Conservative Christians.

You shouldn't argue with someone who is as well-respected as I.

Why?

The Kingpin stories by Bendis are always done well, and he definitly writes Ultimate DD as well as the 616 version (even if we hardly ever see him in the title, he's still awesome!).
That's because there is no difference between ulitmate and 616 DD

That's totally untrue. MJ is MUCH worse. Man, I hate that whore...

Yeah, kitty was irritating during the clone saga, but MJ is irritating all of the time.

So? Kitty was irritating the whole time as well. We'll have to chalk up our difference of opinion to you having no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah whether you like one character better is a matter of opinion, but I'd prefer MJ because she's not a superhero and is much better suited for Pete's personal life, which has just been flat out forgotten for the past 30 issues. Peter having a famous girlfriend will just distance him from the character developement he needs

That's because there is no difference between ulitmate and 616 DD

Yeah whether you like one character better is a matter of opinion, but I'd prefer MJ because she's not a superhero and is much better suited for Pete's personal life, which has just been flat out forgotten for the past 30 issues. Peter having a famous girlfriend will just distance him from the character developement he needs

Or it'll just distance him from 616 Spider-Man. Which is a good thing.

Or it'll just distance him from 616 Spider-Man. Which is a good thing.

well, according to Random, this "good thing" you speak of is a matter of opinion you see. so you're wrong.

EDIT: i was watching scrubs earlier and i was trying to imitate the doctor guy. The main ******* one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back