Ultimate Spider-Man #106 SPOILERS

I think what Bendis is trying to do is intergrate the universe a little bit better. It seems like his priority is to tie in the titles to make it seem more like an acting universe rather than have four seperate titles that don't interact with one another. I guess the question is - would you rather have continuity errors but with a close-knit cast in a universe or four titles in their own corners of the universe that only collide during cross-overs or whenever SHIELD's gotta get involved... It's tough, but I am welcome to the idea that Kitty is now in the title as a supporting cast member.

616 DD is far more interesting at this point. I can't help but feel like DD is a plot device in the Ultimate Universe so far.

He's the guy who yells at people. If I remeber correctly, Spidey met 616 DD when he was still a teen and DD never threw him out of a window.

To be fair though, 616 Daredevil has had his character expanded much further in the 40-some years that he's been around.

his social/normal life

He has spider powers and he lives in a world with Vapires Mutants and super-powered terrorist

''Normal'' is out the window

Plus this is fistion if i want reality i'll wach the news.

So? Kitty was irritating the whole time as well. We'll have to chalk up our difference of opinion to you having no idea what you're talking about.

;)

To be fair Kitty is only whiney when Bendis writes her...i mean she isnt this whiney in UXM

That's because there is no difference between ulitmate and 616 DD

Sure there is. Ultimate DD has a tattoo on his butt.

Yeah whether you like one character better is a matter of opinion, but I'd prefer MJ because she's not a superhero and is much better suited for Pete's personal life, which has just been flat out forgotten for the past 30 issues. Peter having a famous girlfriend will just distance him from the character developement he needs

Completely agree.

Or it'll just distance him from 616 Spider-Man. Which is a good thing.

We had Kitty as Spider-Man's girlfriend for twenty issues...those twenty issues were some of the worst in the series: Warriors was ok, but Kitty played no part in it; Deadpool was tripe and Kitty played a big part in it; Morbius sucked, though it wasn't Kitty's fault at all; and the Clone Saga was utter crap as well...until the last issue when Peter got back with MJ.

Now, #106 was a good issue, and he's now broken up with Kitty (just without officially telling her) and back with MJ.

I could be drawing straws here, but the last twenty issues have sucked for more reasons than Bendis' lack of ability. Something just didn't feel right to me, and now I know what it was.

616 DD is far more interesting at this point. I can't help but feel like DD is a plot device in the Ultimate Universe so far.

He really is. Good point. The only exception to that rule might be the Daredevil and Elektra minis, but every one of his appearances in USM to this point has seemed exactly that.

He has spider powers and he lives in a world with Vapires Mutants and super-powered terrorist

''Normal'' is out the window

Plus this is fistion if i want reality i'll wach the news.

You totally missed the point of the post you quoted.

We all realize its a comic and fantastic stuff does and must happen in it. However weird and un-normal their lives as superheroes, that doesn't mean the characters shouldn't or wouldn't strive for normalcy off the job. In fact, its almost a given for any average super-hero. They enjoy the normalcy, because for them "normal" is a rare thing.

Get what I'm saying?

To be fair Kitty is only whiney when Bendis writes her...i mean she isnt this whiney in UXM

Maybe not as much, but she's still whiney no matter who writes her...even Vaughan, who I loved on UXM.

Last edited:
Now, #106 was a good issue, and he's now broken up with Kitty (just without officially telling her) and back with MJ.

Besicly he cheated on her

wich makes him a two-timeng jerk wich he admited

Last edited:
He's the guy who yells at people. If I remeber correctly, Spidey met 616 DD when he was still a teen and DD never threw him out of a window.

To be fair though, 616 Daredevil has had his character expanded much further in the 40-some years that he's been around.

No. That's what was interesting about Daredevil. His relationship with Peter and how he looked down on the rookie. Despite the Spider-Man/Nick Fury angle being similiar, there's something very unique about the vigilante/rookie-vigilante relationship they had and I was expecting it to grow and be expanded on a bit more than this 180 turn where Matt Murdock comes out of nowhere and goes from "Don't even start" to "Let's kill Wilson Fisk". I'm not gonna hate on it too much yet because hopefully we'll get a bit more intimate dialogue between the two. As of right now though Ultimate Daredevil is heading away from a different and interesting dynamic as far as Peter's relationship with the more experienced Super-Hero community.

Kitty was nothing more than a reason for Spider-Man to have a girlfriend. Kitty wasn't fulfilling his needs as Peter Parker. I'm pretty sure Bendis made it pretty clear during The Deadpool ar. Mary Jane sucked in the past but Bendis has done a great job developing her from the emotional and idiotic wreck we saw in Hobgoblin.

Last edited:
MWOF, I think you're jumping the gun. In order to have an army, you need numbers. I'm sure Daredevil realized this, the tactitian that he is, and considered Spider-Man for a hand in killing the Kingpin. It would be logical to turn to him - he's had beef with Kingpin and he's at least had some experience fighting crime... Most likely more challenging forays than Daredevil himself, despite the way Peter is treated by him. I see this as Daredevil being more smart than stubborn... I'm sure there will still be some conflict between the two... Peter's not perfect.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back