Ultimate Spider-Man #86 discussion (spoilers)

E.Vi.L.

Well, Spider-Man kicks the crap out of Omega Red. Turns out Red had been hired by someone to attack Roxxon. (Yay!)

Aparently, it's the second time Spider-Man stops a super from attacking Roxxon's interest. Mr Roxxon concludes that spider-man is doing it on purpose and knows who is being the attacks (Huh?! Is he watching the news? Spider-Man has stopped 90% of the super villains crawling in New York. What makes him think he's special?!)

So he hire Sable to bring him in for questioning. SHe tracks him down to Midtown high and her team snatch... Flash! ( :lol: )

---

While fighting Omega, Spiderman dumped a forklift on him. These things may not look like much, but they are counter-balanced in order to lift heavy wieghts. I'm not sure how much the one Spidey lifted weighs, but models like that can lift about 10,000 pounds. So the forklift itself has to weight even more otherwise it would tip over while lifting heavy loads. It's a lot heavier than a car so we have a new benchmark for Ultimate Spider-Man's strenght.

Wow. And he got his a$$ kicked by Elektra... (I don't know if I'll ever get over that piece of non-sense).

---

No kitty in this issue. She's annunced for next issue though.

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 86 (spoiler)

Sounds uninteresting... :) And Omega Red was just a thug, eh? Roxxon is just tossing people at Spider-Man.

Unfortunately I have no time for comics today. Otherwise this thread would've been up hours ago....

But tomorrow I'll be back.

Oooh, say that again but with an Austrian accent!

---

Can anyone tell me what was the deal with Silver Sable in the Ultimate Spider-Man game? So far, there has been no reference from Sable to any previous dealing with Spidey.

E.Vi.L. said:
Oooh, say that again but with an Austrian accent!

---

Can anyone tell me what was the deal with Silver Sable in the Ultimate Spider-Man game? So far, there has been no reference from Sable to any previous dealing with Spidey.

Behold my magical feats of pres-tid-dig-jation.............ah screw it.....

USM Video Game: Silver Sable Tie In

Or for those too lazy to click...

November 15, 2005 -
WARNING: This story contains spoilers from the USM videogame.

Activision's recent Ultimate Spider-Man videogame serves as a bridge between two comic-book storylines. The ultra-popular "Venom" storyline from the USM comics was a launching point for the game. The game's story, also written by Bendis, picks up the saga of Eddie Brock and the Venom suit three months after the events of the comic. With the release of USM #86 this week, things finally come full-circle. The new "Sable" story arc picks up where the game story left off, bringing the events of the game into comic-book continuity.
Not every comic-book fan has access to a videogame system or the skills needed to complete a game of moderate difficulty. Though Bendis has assured everyone that you won't need to have played the game to follow the new Silver Sable story arc, it still didn't seem right to let people wander into the comics shop on Wednesday completely unprepared. We highly recommend playing through the USM videogame. But, for those who can't or won't, here's a brief recap of the min plot points in the game. We won't be covering everything or in great detail, because gamers deserve some reward for their accomplishments.

In the Beginning
Ultimate Venom was first introduced in Ultimate Spider-Man #33-39. Originally an attempt to cure cancer "The Suit" was a project developed by Peter Parker and Eddie Brock's fathers. Both the Parkers and Brocks died in a mysterious plane crash years ago, leaving the two boys orphaned. But the fathers left their legacy behind. The Suit would soon posses Peter and later Eddie Brock. Spidey and Venom battled it out in the rain, with Venom seemingly destroyed. But as is often the case in comics, Venom wasn't gone for good.

Check out this detailed account of the first Venom story arc if you need more.

In the Game
The game leaps forward three months. Eddie Brock still carries the curse of the Venom Suit and is constantly battling to keep it under control. Unknown to Peter, he also carries a small amount of the suit in his bloodstream. This becomes painfully clear when Brock and Peter are near one another. Eddie suddenly has total control over the monster Venom and Peter finds that he can barely stand. The pieces of Venom want to be whole and will be by story's end.

Years ago, Trask Industries had tricked the elder Parker and Brock into signing over their formula. Little did they realize Trask wanted to turn "The Suit" into a weapon. Thought lost, the Venom suit has suddenly made a reappearance with Brock at the helm. Trask Industries wants its property back, seeing only dollar signs if it can find a way to tame this super-suit.

After running some "field tests" on Venom -- including sending Electro to battle the suit -- it's decided that Venom would make for the perfect military arsenal. Trask hires a mercenary, Silver Sable, to hunt down Venom. But Sable isn't the only one who gets involved in the act. Ultimate Beetle makes his debut after stealing a Trask vial labeled "Sandman." And Green Goblin even gets into the mix before Spidey takes him out and gets him back into SHIELD hands. Though these moments serve as points of interest, it is Sable who proves the true catalyst for the game's conclusion.

Sable notices that, for whatever reasons, Venom and Spider-Man appear linked. She uses Spider-Man to lure out Venom. This ends up backfiring, however, as Sable gets conked out by Venom. Spidey saves her ***, defeating Venom but passing out in the end. Sable awakens to find Spidey unconscious at her feet. Looks like she's gonna get a little bonus.

When Peter awakens he's in Trask's laboratory, where he's given a dose of venom. The result is unexpected -- Peter is transformed into a new version of Carnage. Peter, as Carnage, battles Venom. The fight ends with Venom fully absorbing ever last drop of The Suit from Peter Parker. Brock now has complete control over Mister V and Petey doesn't have to suffer those pesky little headaches.

Once again Spidey and Venom come to blows. Of course, the good guy wins, but Venom and Brock disappear. But just before the final credits can roll, Peter uncovers the secret file on his parents' death. In the file photo of the plane crash, a Venom can be seen. It appears this saga is far from over.

The New Story
Ultimate Spider-Man #86 picks up elements of the videogame story and brings Ultimate Silver Sable into the pages of the comic book. The three-issue arc isn't expected to star Venom, but should answer a couple of the questions raised in the game. It's more likely that the game and the new revelations about the Venom suit will play into "The Clone Saga" which leads into issue #100.

Thanks.

So she didn't remove Spidey's mask when she captured him? This would have made her current job a lot easier.

Last edited:

It doesn't matter if she removed it. This arc takes place after the game.......she already knows who he is, who he's related to....hell she knows he's dating MJ!!!!!

Plus she's already seen him without his mask or his costume.

It's quite apparent that she knows none of that in USM 86.

Last edited:

This is beginning to sound real irritable. Why couldn't we just have Blade and Morbius by now?

Notice the last panel on page 7, where its of the webbing and Spider-Man's feet. One foot is drawn with a part of it extending like a long claw or something, and what's supposed to show us that he's going fast (line like wind or whatever), is drawn over his foot, and making it like the foot is missing that part of itself.

Nothing like bad continuity error, but still, its something that just caugt my eye.

So, Goodwill (and others), what do you think of the new colorist? My opinion, it is FAR superior to J.D. Smith, who colored #50-85, but is still not as good as the guy (I'm pretty sure it's a DIFFERENT guy) who did the coloring from I don't know what issue up until #49.

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with the Ultimate Wrecking Crew. These guys aren't a wrecking crew, they're a cleanup crew.

So Roxxon thinks Spidey knows something...interesting. Wonder what will happen when Sable tries to get something out of him that doesn't exist.

The Flash thing was a cool twist. I just hope something comes of it, like Liz gets freaked out by it, or the kids start to think that Flash really is Spider-Man. Or maybe that Flash puts two and two together and realizes that Spidey goes to his school. Naaaaaah....

The continuity clash with the video game is bugging me though. I'll reserve judgement until the story plays out completely.

UltimateE said:
The Flash thing was a cool twist. I just hope something comes of it, like Liz gets freaked out by it, or the kids start to think that Flash really is Spider-Man. Or maybe that Flash puts two and two together and realizes that Spidey goes to his school. Naaaaaah....
Well, won't they think that when they start doing the check of students back packs for the spidey suit?

icemastertron said:
Well, won't they think that when they start doing the check of students back packs for the spidey suit?

Only if "they" know that he was captured by people thinking he was Spider-Man. I got the impression that noone saw it or knows about it, so it would probably depend on Flash telling someone. And if he did, I doubt it would be school officials...it would almost have to get back to them through the grapevine.

Which I hope happens - I would like a scenario like that.

UltimateE said:
Only if "they" know that he was captured by people thinking he was Spider-Man. I got the impression that noone saw it or knows about it, so it would probably depend on Flash telling someone. And if he did, I doubt it would be school officials...it would almost have to get back to them through the grapevine.
I didnt mean that they would know through a grapevine, but they would find out cuz:

In her efforts to apprehend Spider-Man, Silver Sable inadvertently convinces authorities—and the media—that Spidey does indeed go to Midtown High School. And the first backpack they're going to check belongs to none other than—Peter Parker! But Peter's already taken the advice of his new girlfriend—Ultimate X-Men's Kitty Pryde—and seeks out Sable and her Wildpack for a showdown. Things do not go as planned for the web-spinner. Not at all. Parts 2 & 3 (of 5)
I'd say they've gotta think something if the media knows, cuz the media neve keeps they're "mouths" shut. And that means everyone's gotta know that. Or am I reading this wrong?

Last edited:

icemastertron said:
I'd say they've gotta think something if the media knows, cuz the media neve keeps they're "mouths" shut. And that means everyone's gotta know that. Or am I reading this wrong?

Oh OK...All I was saying was that in order for something like that to happen, someone had to have blabbed. I assumed it would have to be Flash, I hadn't considered it could be Sable. I don't really see the point, unless she's trying to flush him out so to speak. I would have rather it been Flash.

UltimateE said:
Oh OK...All I was saying was that in order for something like that to happen, someone had to have blabbed. I assumed it would have to be Flash, I hadn't considered it could be Sable. I don't really see the point, unless she's trying to flush him out so to speak. I would have rather it been Flash.
I agree. I would've liked it better to be Flash, since like you said, it would have made it a better situation to read, and a more enjoyable.

UltimateE said:

First of all If This Flash is like The Flash of The 616 Universe. He'd probably can not wait to tell someone (Kong or Liz).

Possible Soiler!
And They won't find the Spidey Outfit in Peter's Bag Cause Peter won't Be there. I can't remember where I herd it but Peter finds out someone is tring to find out who he is. So he goes to The X-Men. to see Kitty. and ask what he should do.

Latest posts

Back