Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series

The reviews for the two part premiere are positive so far. Also, Taskmaster will be showing up and he's voiced by Clancy Brown! So, looking forward to that.

Saw the two premier episodes and i loved it! I loved this shows version of Aunt May and i love White Tiger, Iron Fist and Power Man.

The first two episodes were a lot of fun, can't wait to see more!

Last edited:
Venom Melendez said:
Saw the two premier episodes and i loved it! I loved this shows version of Aunt May and i love White Tiger, Iron Fist and Power Man.

The first two episodes were a lot of fun, can't wait to see more!

April Fool's!

Also, White Tiger/Ava Ayala is my favorite of the SHIELD kids, she's great!

Did anyone elses get the free Ultimate Spider-Man premiere comic when they pick-uped their comics this week? It was a 22 page preview of the show. that tied into the preview video that was posted a few weeks back... Now I love this show even more. And wish I had Diseny XD. I liked the part where they show a montage of
Flash Thompson shoving Peter into his locker. and then Peter imagening himslef webbing Flash up and catapulting him off into the sky.
And then later you see
Flash come up to Spidey and saying: (Flash): Spider-Maaan! Flash Thompson! I'm you biggest fan! Let me help, bro. (Spider-Man): ... Definitly...bro. Step in. (Flash): Then what? (Spider-Man): Wait for my signal. Jump out and we'll suround them. Remember. Wait for my signal. (Immature, I know. But felt SO GOOD!)

I just saw this and I was one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen. I may have enjoyed it if I was 6, but it wouldn't have aged well. It's atrocious.

And there's no excuse for it. We've had lots of "kiddie" cartoons and quality has never been a problem, such as TEEN TITANS and BATMAN: THE BRAVE & THE BOLD. They're fun shows, no matter their intended audience. ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN is awful.

Bass said:
I just saw this and I was one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen. I may have enjoyed it if I was 6, but it wouldn't have aged well. It's atrocious.

And there's no excuse for it. We've had lots of "kiddie" cartoons and quality has never been a problem, such as TEEN TITANS and BATMAN: THE BRAVE & THE BOLD. They're fun shows, no matter their intended audience. ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN is awful.

I can't help but agree. I am a huge fan of Spider-man, but I thought that it wouldn't be much of a good show and that it wouldn't live up to the previous Spider-man show: Spectacular Spider-man... And I was absolutely right.

I wasn't a fan. But then again, I'm not a Spider-man fan.

I do have to say to those of us criticizing the tone of the cartoon, it's okay to have silly cartoons aimed for kids. We may not like it, but our opinion isn't the one they're aiming for. I think my problem isn't the tone, I'm just not able to get into spider-man (plus the animation's a little too Superhero Squad, just not super deformed). If it were just the SHIELD kids, I think I'd enjoy it.

tl;dr - There's room for silly shows like USM, Adventure TIme, etc, along side more serious fare.

My complaint wasn't that it was too silly or just for kids. So was TEEN TITANS. And that was great. My complaint was that it was dreadful. I won't go into why as I don't want to ruin it for those who are enjoying it.

My complaint wasn't that it was too silly or just for kids. So was TEEN TITANS. And that was great. My complaint was that it was dreadful. I won't go into why as I don't want to ruin it for those who are enjoying it.

But it's not intended to be Teen Titans, it's USM, it's aimed for the more silly crowd. And just because you liked one doesn't ever mean you should automatically like the other.

Plus, as much as I'm defending the tone, and the fans who do like it. I 1000% agree with you that it's just dreadful (love that word). Honestly, the only good thing about it, the SHIELD kids, can't wait to see them in EMH.

I watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them. It's a great cartoon.

Agreed! I love it. And of the SHEILD kids, i think White Tiger/Ava Ayala is my favorite.

I also loved the Doomed episode with the team meeting Doom.

I haven't watched this yet. I'm not really expecting to like it. Which is too bad b/c I really am a Spidey fan. But we'll see.

One question, does this take place in the same universe as Avengers:EMH?

Captain Canuck said:
One question, does this take place in the same universe as Avengers:EMH?

No. Though Blizzard's armor design is similar to the one in A:EMH.

Anyway, I liked this weeks episode. Dug the Harry and Peter stuff. Also, like how they did the symbiote here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back