Ultimate Spider-Man: Death of a Goblin (#112-117) (Spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #112 (Discussion/Spoilers)

Has anyone here ever been assigned that project? Partnered up, half your grade, really big/realistic baby? In home economics in sixth or seventh grade, you had to bring in a basket to carry an egg around in by yourself for a week. I brought the basket in two days after the assignment had ended and I still passed that class with at least a high B.

We had flour and weren't partnered up, in the end it was completely pointless

Bendis, God! What have you done? You've got me loving this title again...

Everything was legitimatly entertaining about this issue...

The high school drama stuff was reintroduced and the dosage was perfect. It stopped right before it got absolutely sappy. Not only that but we're getting some cool development despite the fact that we've got such a cliche on our hands.

Also, Carol Danvers in charge makes me enjoy what's going on in the UU even more. Where the hell is Fury? "Not here". Mysterious and only alludes to some interesting changes in the Universe.

Norman is becoming interesting again... With this offer, you've gotta think - what importance does he have to Fury and why is Osborn agreeing to help him? I'm guessing that'll be explained in the next few issues or so. Nice.

Yea, I gotta hand it to Bendis 3 for 3.

I thought this was a great issue.

The art was such a breathe of fresh air.

The dialog was not that bad.

Danvers was freakin awesome. As the moment with Kong.

Even the flashback of mjwolf thing wasn't that bad. The awesome art soften it.

Has anyone here ever been assigned that project? Partnered up, half your grade, really big/realistic baby? In home economics in sixth or seventh grade, you had to bring in a basket to carry an egg around in by yourself for a week. I brought the basket in two days after the assignment had ended and I still passed that class with at least a high B.

It was a bag of flour for me. I also discovered my love of cooking back then Although, I really did suck back then. I seriously don't remember how that grilled cheese came out looking more like a soup... But over the years I got better and now I bake for a living... And women seem to like it when I cook for them.

It was a bag of flour for me. I also discovered my love of cooking back then

YOU BAKED YOUR CHILD!!! monster! unless you give me a cookie

I hope that Danvers stays powerless in this universe for a while yet. She's much more interesting that way.

I hope that Danvers stays powerless in this universe for a while yet. She's much more interesting that way.
I fully agree. She's been such an intresting character this way that if she was powered up, it would ruin her.

Agreed. I didn't really expect much out of her during her introduction in the Galactus Trilogy... I thought she would've been a throwaway character. Turns out, the only throwaway characters we got from that series are the ones that actually have powers! (Falcon and Marvel).

Agreed. I didn't really expect much out of her during her introduction in the Galactus Trilogy... I thought she would've been a throwaway character. Turns out, the only throwaway characters we got from that series are the ones that actually have powers! (Falcon and Marvel).

What about Misty Knight?.. She had a small part in Ultimate Extinction and we haven't seen or hear of her since. And she didn't have powers, just a metal arm and mad on for fighting.

The Falcon is going to be in Ultimate Vision #5, if they ever get around to getting that issue out. And I do believe I remember reading that Captain Marvel will show up again sometime next year.

And women seem to like it when I cook for them.

I bet Kristin Kreuk loves it when you cook for her.

You knew your wife since middle school?

She's been his wife since middle school.

Anyway, its good to see so many positive reviews for this issue. Even from some of the members who railed against this title (with good purpose...Deadpool/Hobgoblin...bleccchh). Haven't picked it up yet, but looking forward to it. Hopefully the rest of the arc (and the future issues/arcs) keep up the goodness.

Last edited:

You knew your wife since middle school?

Actually, yeah I did.

But she took Home Ec in high school. She was in vocational school half the day, and the other half she just took BS classes.

What about Misty Knight?.. She had a small part in Ultimate Extinction and we haven't seen or hear of her since. And she didn't have powers, just a metal arm and mad on for fighting.

The Falcon is going to be in Ultimate Vision #5, if they ever get around to getting that issue out. And I do believe I remember reading that Captain Marvel will show up again sometime next year.

Well, of course the characters will be used again... It's just they have only been important to one storyline. It kinda bothers me that those characters were introduced only for that story and not used again.

I hope the part about Captain Marvel is true. I thought he was a really cool character, and they should definitely do more with him.

I'm sure we will see more Falcon in the future.

Today is BMB's 40th birthday.

That is all.

Well, looks like the school got over a crazy person in a samurai outfit driving a bus through the front door and firing guns at children real quick. :D They must be used to stuff like that by now, I guess.

Anyway, it seemed pretty solid first issue of an arc. Good to see the high school stuff in the spotlight again.

My major worry is flashbacks. It seems like everytime Goblins are involved, we get 500 flashbacks told in six issues. Hopefully we can avoid that. :eek:

Eh, seems alright. Just hope it doesn't filter out like just about every USM arc ever does. 4/5... I guess? Haven't rated any comics in a long time.

Last edited:

Doom was right.

Story: 1000000% improved
Art: 10000000000000% improved

I hope to God that this signifies a turnaround in the quality of this book. This wasn't just an OK issue we've gotten in the middle of a series of crap stories (like we've had a couple of times). This is the first issue in a very very long time that made me think there might be some hope after all.

And there's no doubt as the the reason for this: Stuart Immonen. I think having a new artist has Bendis recharged and back to writing the kind of story that made this book great way back win.

I'm very pleased. Can't wait for the next issue.

Latest posts

Back