Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimatum (#129-133) (Spoilers/Discussion)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimatum (#129+) (Spoilers/Discussion)

I don't find it that annoying (though I can see why some might). I know quite a few people who talk like that.

I was really referring to the dialogue on the whole. I thought it was good.
Yeah...I guess for the most part it wasn't bad. But the repeatness.... :dazed:

I don't know anyone or have never actually met a person that talks like that. Well, any real person. I've seen TV characters do that as well.

Yeah...I guess for the most part it wasn't bad. But the repeatness.... :dazed:

I don't know anyone or have never actually met a person that talks like that. Well, any real person. I've seen TV characters do that as well.

Could be a regional thing. I live in the Pacific Northwest, so does Bendis.

But to clarify: I find in annoying when actual people do the "repeater" but not when the characters do it. My advice is to find people who talk in a repetitive manner an befriend* them. It will make USM about 10%** more enjoyable for you.

*Befriend is not used often enough.
**Results may vary.

Good dialogue? Most of it was terrible. The typical Bendis 'repeat the same thing over and over in one thought bubble' dialogue is not good.

" Did you think there would be more photographers here? I thought there would be more photographers here."

Once...could have let that slide. But then:

"Is it going to rain? It looks like it's going to rain."

It gets annoying.

Most of it was terrible?

There were not one, but TWO lines that annoyed you?
(they were spoken by a character who is written to be annoying...)

I know Bendis does the repeatedness a lot, but come one, this issue was funny and well written!

Most of it was terrible?

There were not one, but TWO lines that annoyed you?
(they were spoken by a character who is written to be annoying...)
First, they were spoken by two characters. And so what if the character is written annoying. It doesn't change anything.

Second, it's not how many times an annoying line appeared, it's that it happens a lot with Bendis.

I know Bendis does the repeatedness a lot, but come one, this issue was funny and well written!
Uh...

Just read the issue today.

While the story and art were good, Bendis dialogue was my only true problem. The repeating is so damn annoying it irks a lot.

The ending was interesting and can't wait to see how the rest goes.
:?

I wasn't trying to start a fight or put you down or anything
and i understand that you thought the issue was good,

i just found it funny that you wrote off the dialogue as being mostly terrible...
i enjoyed the nerdy humour "help me Peter Parker, you're my only hope!" etc
in the dialogue and the repeatedness doesn't really bother me.

I thought this was one of the best Ultimate comics I've read in a long time (not much of an accomplishment, I know)

Anyway, sorry if i came across as rude.

well good, as long as we're still friends! :D

(i still don't understand why this site has a buddy list...)

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #133
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN

The end of an era? The last issue of Ultimate Spider-Man? Peter Parker is Spider-Man no more? Is Spider-Man dead and gone in the events of Ultimatum? This final issue will leave you jaw-on-the-floor shocked at the turn of every page!

ULTSM133_cov_col.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #133

The end of an era? The last issue of Ultimate Spider-Man? Peter Parker is Spider-Man no more? Is Spider-Man dead and gone in the events of Ultimatum? This final issue will leave you jaw-on-the-floor shocked at the turn of every page!
Yeah, just saw this.

W.
T.
F.?!!

Last edited:
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #133

Well duh. If it is an Ultimatum tie-in it has no choice but to be abosolutely riveting.

i remember seeing a video interview on marvel with bendis talking about dark reign and ultimatum, he mentioned the possiblity of a new spiderman, but would say waht U he would show up in.

i agree with an above post, Spider Women may be taking over for a short time.

No! The mask is in the puddle; how will Spider-Man ever survive such a foe?

I'm calling it right now

Ultimate Identity Crisis

(The Spider-Man arc from the 90's not the DC mega-crossover)

USM will be put on hiatus for a couple months in the mean time we'll get Ultimate Prodigy/Ricochet/Hornet/Dusk one-shots, then once the story wraps everything will be back to normal. Bendis said a couple years ago that he wants to do this story, and with his mention that Peter might not be in the Spider-Man costume could mean their WON'T be a Spider-Man

Last edited:
I hope it's a identity crisis kind of storyline, I really would hate to see USM ending... Right now it's the one and only Marvel related title that I actually follow.

I was there when it began...But I really do not want to be there when it ends...

Latest posts

Back