Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimatum (#129-133) (Spoilers/Discussion)

i'm actually enjoying the USM arc of Ultimatum. I wish the rest of Ultimatum didn't suck so much, but i like the story in USM.

i don't see how that's going to work...Kitty can turn intangible.

Not unless she really wants to lay the smack down on MJ.

Exactly.

Maybe. But a better start than kicking Loeb in the head? I think not.

True, but involving it in the comic itself would be breaking the 4th Wall, and THAT is certainly a better way to make it even worse (THAT = involving Loeb himself in any of his comics).

i'm actually enjoying the USM arc of Ultimatum. I wish the rest of Ultimatum didn't suck so much, but i like the story in USM.

I am too. USM has been re-vamped in large part by Immonen's art, and Bendis seems to have found a second wind in terms of his arcs and character development. I actually look forward to this title again, and for a period of a few years I actually dreaded picking up the book itself (and did so mainly due to a completist's attitude). Its very refreshing to read this book every month and enjoy it again.

I agree with that.

I agree with your agreement.

Last edited:
I am too. USM has been re-vamped in large part by Immonen's art, and Bendis seems to have found a second wind in terms of his arcs and character development. I actually look forward to this title again, and for a period of a few years I actually dreaded picking up the book itself (and did so mainly due to a completist's attitude). Its very refreshing to read this book every month and enjoy it again.

you really dreaded it?

I admit there was a period where it got a bit dry and I didn't look forward to it quite as much, but I've always enjoyed it.

you really dreaded it?

I admit there was a period where it got a bit dry and I didn't look forward to it quite as much, but I've always enjoyed it.

Basically everything between the Warriors arc and the Knights arcs were complete garbage

some would expand that range from before Carnage, to Immonen's first arc, I wouldn't, but alot would

I really like Ultimate Knights.

The scene with Kingpin in the room with Spidey tied up was awesome.

My opinion: Hobgoblin through Morbius were pretty mediochre at best but i still enjoyed USM during that stretch. I had no problems with Superstars, they were two-part filler arcs reminiscent of Marvel Team-Up, and not Bendis' best stuff, but they were entertaining. The clone saga gave us some interesting characters (although most of them were dead by the end...Doc Ock's metal powers are stupid, and the 100th issue was almost all backstory that ended up being false implanted memories...okay i can see why you didn't like the clone saga, but i didn't mind it). I thought Death of a Goblin and Amazing friends were worse than some of the stuff from the period that you mentioned.

Well, it' IGN which means it's bull**** and things don't load half the bloody time.

Anyhow, I read #130. Rubbish. Instead of having the interesting storyline of Aunt May being forced to tell the police Peter is Spider-Man a tsunami hits Manhattan.

Imagine if you were reading this and didn't read Ultimatum. It's so retarded.

What's more amazing is how beautiful the Ultimatum tsunami and it's effects look in the hands of Stuart Immonen, compared to the art in Ultimatum. I :heart: Immonen.

Well, it' IGN which means it's bull**** and things don't load half the bloody time.

Anyhow, I read #130. Rubbish. Instead of having the interesting storyline of Aunt May being forced to tell the police Peter is Spider-Man a tsunami hits Manhattan.

Imagine if you were reading this and didn't read Ultimatum. It's so retarded.

What's more amazing is how beautiful the Ultimatum tsunami and it's effects look in the hands of Stuart Immonen, compared to the art in Ultimatum. I :heart: Immonen.

Still, USM was a compelling read and a better take on the Ultimatum events. This is the only time were the characters were not spouting catchphrases and actually behaving like people who had a brush of death in a catastrophic scale. Not to mention that Immonen is the only guy who bothered to draw nameless civilians during the event.

ULTSM132_cov.jpg
That's great. They having sex. Why didn't they do this before?

Last edited:
I'm actually enjoying this arc. Listening to Loeb, the entire genesis of the Ultimatum Wave was a sudden disaster, similar to 9/11. USM is the only story managing to convey that. UFF/UXM are ****, and Ultimatum proper is a snuff book.

I can't help but feel the success is due to Immonen. I'm going to miss him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back