Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimatum (#129-133) (Spoilers/Discussion)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
New arc starts at the end of the month (#129 on sale 12/24), but here's the solicitation for part 4 of the Ultimatum tie-in:

Ultimate Spider-Man #132

ULTSM132_cov.jpg

ULTIMATUM HAS TAKEN OVER THE WORLD!! SPIDER-MAN IS MISSING!! Friends are enemies and enemies are friends as tensions mount to insane proportions. And yes, your eyes do not deceive you: MJ versus Kitty... to the death!!! (well, they slap each other a little).

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimatum (#129+)

That would be better (and hotter) if Immonen didn't draw such damn ugly people.

While I do like his art in general, I agree that he draws some fugly faces.

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimatum (#129+)

I just saw the preview for 129. My thought is Bendis is going to make Johnny fall for the Shemale clone of Peter.

Creepy:?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimatum (#129+) (Spoilers/Discussion)

I thought Bendis was setting it up so that Gwen and Johnny get together. I guess we'll never know until the issue drops. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I'm right and you're wrong.

This looks really good. I love the Star Wars reference, and Johnny getting Peter to help him bail on a date is hilarious. This is what made USM great in the first place: the perfect balance of heavy drama and kick-*** action, with the lighter tone of high school life and humor.

And despite others' opinions, I like Immonen's faces. They're unique and fit the rest of his styling perfectly.

I'll be fine with this as long as they don't turn MJ into that red furry thing again to beat up Kitty...

haha
"Hall of Justice"
"Help me Peter Parker, you're my only hope!"

brilliant!

i haven't been able to pick it up yet (there was some obscure holiday or something that kept me busy), but that preview was promising!

I'll be fine with this as long as they don't turn MJ into that red furry thing again to beat up Kitty...

man, i had forgotten about that...thanks alot!:?

Just read the issue today.

While the story and art were good, Bendis dialogue was my only true problem. The repeating is so damn annoying it irks a lot.

The ending was interesting and can't wait to see how the rest goes.

What happens?
The ending? Aunt May gets arrested due to her "possible connections" to Spider-Man and the cops are on the look for Peter as well, something that happened in a conversation with Peter's high school principal when May tried to get Gwen back in.

Last edited:

It was another fine issue. USM is good again, I don't want it to tie into crap like Ultimatum.

i FINALLY picked it up today!

it was good! (i'm kind of looking forward to seeing what happens between Jessica and Johnny, it'll most likely be pretty funny when he finds out she's Pete's clone!

:shock:

Haven't had a chance to read other opinions yet, but I enjoyed it.

Good dialogue, good set-up. I hope it turns out well.

Haven't had a chance to read other opinions yet, but I enjoyed it.

Good dialogue, good set-up. I hope it turns out well.
Good dialogue? Most of it was terrible. The typical Bendis 'repeat the same thing over and over in one thought bubble' dialogue is not good.

" Did you think there would be more photographers here? I thought there would be more photographers here."

Once...could have let that slide. But then:

"Is it going to rain? It looks like it's going to rain."

It gets annoying.

Good dialogue? Most of it was terrible. The typical Bendis 'repeat the same thing over and over in one thought bubble' dialogue is not good.

" Did you think there would be more photographers here? I thought there would be more photographers here."

Once...could have let that slide. But then:

"Is it going to rain? It looks like it's going to rain."

It gets annoying.

I don't find it that annoying (though I can see why some might). I know quite a few people who talk like that.

I was really referring to the dialogue on the whole. I thought it was good.

Latest posts

Back