Ultimate Spider-man: War of the Symbiotes (#123-128) (Spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-man #123 Discussion/spoilers (Preview included)

I picked it up, and I loved it! Way better than Ultimates 3 #4, anyway. I liked the Forrest Gump approach to the issue, the flashback storytelling, etc. So far, its as good as an arc centered around symbiotes can possibly be. Immonen's artwork is the real star, but Bendis is continuing his improvements with this title.

It was kinda weird having the Forest Gump spin on it (Eddie Brock: Ultimate Forest Gump! mini series coming to a comic shop near you!!).

It was pretty good. Nothing special, really just a Prelude-recap issue, but still good.

:D This was great. The ending was just awesome in a creepy way. Now if that victim's name was Bubba that would have been more hilarious. Good to see the real ult Venom back:D

I just had a thought.

Bendis said that next time Venom showed up, he would have a clear purpose.

So his purpose is to tell his life story to people, then eat them?

That was a recap, probably. There's probably going to be a point where it's Brock that wants to get rid of the suit and he's gonna dump it on Peter.

It was kinda weird having the Forest Gump spin on it (Eddie Brock: Ultimate Forest Gump! mini series coming to a comic shop near you!!).

It was pretty good. Nothing special, really just a Prelude-recap issue, but still good.

Yeah...but compared to Ultimates 3 #4, it was better than Watchmen.

Goodwill said:
That was a recap, probably. There's probably going to be a point where it's Brock that wants to get rid of the suit and he's gonna dump it on Peter.

Yeah, the solicits for USM #126 show Peter back in black and apparently taking on the Ultimates (cover art seems to indicate they're pre-Ultimates 3, but inside could be a different story).

Goodwill, it was supposed to be a reveal at the end that Eddie's eaten everyone who's sat down next to him, not just that last poor sap. It took me 'till my second read-through to get it (he tells the first lady, "I'm hungry", and that's the last time we see her on panel).

Meh. It wasn't a bad issue, but all of this could've been covered in about three pages. If it were told in flashbacks, instead of just illustrations of what Brock was telling people, it would've made more sense to take up the entire issue. But the way he was describing it... three pages. Four, maybe.

Also, I find it implausible that the bench was visited by so many people, all of whom stayed through his whole story, but there wasn't anyone around to call the cops or hear his victims screaming. I suppose he could've been at different benches, or he told the story until there was nobody else around and then ate his victims no matter if he'd finished it or not, but it's still a little ridiculous that nobody noticed him loudly engulfing people in broad daylight in the middle of a park or by a road or whatever.

Also, I find it implausible that the bench was visited by so many people, all of whom stayed through his whole story, but there wasn't anyone around to call the cops or hear his victims screaming. I suppose he could've been at different benches, or he told the story until there was nobody else around and then ate his victims no matter if he'd finished it or not, but it's still a little ridiculous that nobody noticed him loudly engulfing people in broad daylight in the middle of a park or by a road or whatever.

I find it implausible that a man wearing a biological symbiotic monster could digest that much mass at one time. Where do those bodies go?

I am so confused.

I find it implausible that a man wearing a biological symbiotic monster could digest that much mass at one time. Where do those bodies go?

I am so confused.
They go into his stomach. 'Cuz that's how you get to a guy. Through his stomach.

Goodwill, it was supposed to be a reveal at the end that Eddie's eaten everyone who's sat down next to him, not just that last poor sap. It took me 'till my second read-through to get it (he tells the first lady, "I'm hungry", and that's the last time we see her on panel).

Yea, that makes sense now that I think about it. I was just thinking it was Forrest Gump. I don't think Gump ate any of his audience members, though...

Ultimate Spider-man #124 Discussion/spoilers (Preview included)

ultsm124.jpg

"War Of The Symbiotes": Part 2

"'War of the Symbiotes' rages on -- as the Ultimate Beetle takes flight! Deep inside the corporate headquarters of Roxxon lies a vial containing the creepy black symbiote substance...or at least it did, until the Beetle stole it! Can Spider-Man capture this bug thug before disaster strikes, and what is Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s interest in the stolen material?"

See a preview of this issue at: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0807/25/marvelfirsts.htm

Re: Ultimate Spider-man #124 Discussion/spoilers (Preview included)

So does this take place months ago... Like the day after, is the day after the Rhino fight?

i think it is the day after the rhino fight cause the next few pages remind me of the game like when peter encounters the bettle for the first time

Yea, I'm still thinking this is tying in more of the game... I never played so I'm kind of just guessing.

I hope so because Nick's gone.

read it today. it was good but, to me, kind of a letdown. though there were minor differences, this was just basically the story from the game. but it was still a decent ish.

did enjoy beetle being referred to as boba fett :)

Haha I loved this issue. It had really great Spidey moments, and we always need more of those. It's great to know that this book is going back to the way it was......for now.

I'm interested in the Ultimate Beetle. He seems real cool just from his design.

Latest posts

Back