Ultimate Spider-man: War of the Symbiotes (#123-128) (Spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-man #124 Discussion/spoilers (Preview included)

I'm interested in the Ultimate Beetle. He seems real cool just from his design.

Not a big talker, but he does seem more competent then a lot of USM villains have been in the past.

I enjoyed it.

It's a little hard to follow the timing.

Because he's Ultimate Boba Fett.

Still Fett is more style then substance, I wouldn't mind beetle talking now and again, though not often, just establish how good he is at his job.

Man, the time jumps in this **** are totally unnecessary. I still don't like this book.

I gotta be honest - I am really, really enjoying Ultimate Spidey again. The stories aren't at all the quality they were pre-Clone Saga. After that mess, the arcs have straightened out to something that I can dig. The Liz Allen as Firestar is whatever, I don't mind that (as it is so minor)... But everything has been really enjoyable for a while now in this title.

Also, I am in love with Immonen on this title, too. He should stay on just as long (or longer) than Bagley. He was the perfect man for the job and is doing incredible! Just look at that Beetle splash!

So once again, Peter loses a fight (two fights!) and sticks his nose somewhere it doesn't belong, where he will (guaranteed) make embarrassing self-deprecating and unfunny jokes while Fury manipulates him. I'm really sick of how repetitive this comic is. How has he changed at all in the past one hundred issues?

So, I loved the new issue. Best of the arc so far, no doubt. I can't remember, though, is Toomes the Vulture in the UU as well?
Did anyone else think Trask looked a little bit like Brando in a couple of those panels?

I :heart: Immonen on this book. I hope he stays on for the long haul, whatever that means.

4/5

So, I loved the new issue. Best of the arc so far, no doubt. I can't remember, though, is Toomes the Vulture in the UU as well?
Did anyone else think Trask looked a little bit like Brando in a couple of those panels?

I :heart: Immonen on this book. I hope he stays on for the long haul, whatever that means.

4/5

No, Toomes is just some scientist that works for Trask.

So who was the Vulture in the Vulture (Silver Sable?) arc?

Blackie Drago, who worked for the Tinkerer. In 616, Drago was Toomes' cellmate who swindled him out of the Vulture suit, then learned the hard way it's a bad idea to screw with old people in fiction.

Blackie Drago, who worked for the Tinkerer. In 616, Drago was Toomes' cellmate who swindled him out of the Vulture suit, then learned the hard way it's a bad idea to screw with old people in fiction.

It's just bad business to screw with old people.

In a world ruled by the elderly, there would be hard candy at every street corner and everyone would call each other "dear" and be polite, because gosh darn it people had manners back in my day. Anyone engaging in monkeyshines would be subjected to testicular electrocution.

(Thanks Mr. Show)

Then again, that Toomes was one evil old bastard.

I don't really pick this title up on a regular basis, but I have skimmed through some recent issues and I've noticed Immonen's artwork, and it's very impressive (I am familiar with Immonen's work, but his style looks different here).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back