Ultimate Spiderman #102 discussion (Spoilers)

off topic, but:

Conversation between Bendis and other authors of Ultimate Universe:

"So, Brian what do you have for us so far?"

Bendis: Well, since the Clone saga is doing so great-
places a gun on the table
Kirkman: oh yeah all these clones, and Richard back from the dead, great.
Loeb: oh and Gwen being carnage? priceless.
Carey: and turning MJ into a monster-
Bendis stares at him, and points at the gun.
Carey: it was the best move since.....since you killed Beast.

Bendis: Thankyou. Now, I plan on doing Ultimate Knights. I think we need more Daredevil and Moonknight. Maybe others.
Others: But it's an Ultimate Spider-Man book, not...
Bendis pulls off jacket and reveals a bomb strapped to his chest.
Others: Oh, but it's GREAT.
Bendis smiles........
My personal theory is that he has everyone at Marvel in some sort of mind-control so they let him write whatever crap pops into his head.
i totally called her being drew.
You did. I saw that.

What? Want a cookie?

I'm scared of the answers.

Funny, because I'm scared of the questions. Doc Ock was in Fury's custody the last we saw of him. Why is he free? Did Fury actually commission this crackpot to break the Oz formula? How did Ock get it to Kaine? How did the CIA get their hands on Gwen Stacy and Carnage? Why did Fury develop the spider slayers in the first place? What does Richard Parker have to do with this? Does Fury still have plans to relieve Peter of his powers? And what are MJ and Kitty going to think when they find out that their "mutual boyfriend" has a cloned female version of him helping him fight the good fight?

MJ and Kitty: "Who's this, another girlfriend?"
Peter explains
MJ and Kitty: "..........we're going home."

Funny, because I'm scared of the questions. Doc Ock was in Fury's custody the last we saw of him. Why is he free? Did Fury actually commission this crackpot to break the Oz formula? How did Ock get it to Kaine? How did the CIA get their hands on Gwen Stacy and Carnage? Why did Fury develop the spider slayers in the first place? What does Richard Parker have to do with this? Does Fury still have plans to relieve Peter of his powers? And what are MJ and Kitty going to think when they find out that their "mutual boyfriend" has a cloned female version of him helping him fight the good fight?

MJ and Kitty: "Who's this, another girlfriend?"
Peter explains
MJ and Kitty: "..........we're going home."

Another girlfriend. My friend have you ruled out incest or what? it's a clone. It's basically a girl peter, same blood shared dna, they're now bro and sis technically.

Another girlfriend. My friend have you ruled out incest or what? it's a clone. It's basically a girl peter, same blood shared dna, they're now bro and sis technically.

Yeah but MJ and Kitty do not know that yet. Maybe Peter should just leave that part out of the story for a bit. LOL.....man that boy's life sucks.

Last edited:
I'm scared of the answers. It's not like answers can make what's happened already any better. I hate this sci-fi dumbass junk. A billion Peter's running around, MJgoblin, Gwarnage, Richard Parker conspiracy. Please. "Ok fans!! It's the big one!! We're gonna throw so much **** at you you're gonna think it's cool!!!"

I don't need this. It's insulting my intelligence... er what little I have of it.

I respect your opinion a good deal, which is why I asked you this. You typically seem to "get it" when it comes to this book. Thanks for the honesty, I am afriad of the answers as well.
It's no so much the sci-fi that bothers me, but the overload of crap happening solely for shock value. I really hope they will return to what made this book so great, good strong story-telling and so what if things are predictable. I am very tired of "the answers will shock you!" they need a new catchphrase. Bendis writes one of the best Peter Parker's I've ever seen, along with his supporting cast, but all the team-ups etc have gotten the book off track.

To the other posters:
You know what would be hilarious? If Kitty marched in, saw Spider-woman and went ballistic on her, thinking she was MJ. She's never seen MJ, so how would she know. If she tries that snarki-ness on MJ, she'll live to regret it right now. ( Assuming she could get hurt )

Last edited:
If Jessica Drew has the memories of Peter, as well as his attractions, Is she in love with Mary Jane? Also, why is Jessica Drew named Jessica Drew? The clone in 616 named himself after his uncle and his aunt's maiden name (Ben Reily) but now that thats taken... are we to believe they are just randomly assigning names?

As for cloning Richard Parker... if they can take the life essence of Gwen Stacy out of the Carnage goo... then they could just as easily take the essence of Richard Parker out of it (since it was his and peter's DNA that the monster was created out of).

Perhaps the other clones were failed attempts to take Peter's abnormal DNA out of the goo... That'd be why Scorpion might not be able to live outside of his artificial insect exoskeleton, and why Tarantula seems more insect than man.

Remind me, since I don't have the issue with me, but have they called Kaine by his name yet?

If Jessica Drew has the memories of Peter, as well as his attractions, Is she in love with Mary Jane? Also, why is Jessica Drew named Jessica Drew? The clone in 616 named himself after his uncle and his aunt's maiden name (Ben Reily) but now that thats taken... are we to believe they are just randomly assigning names?

As for cloning Richard Parker... if they can take the life essence of Gwen Stacy out of the Carnage goo... then they could just as easily take the essence of Richard Parker out of it (since it was his and peter's DNA that the monster was created out of).

Perhaps the other clones were failed attempts to take Peter's abnormal DNA out of the goo... That'd be why Scorpion might not be able to live outside of his artificial insect exoskeleton, and why Tarantula seems more insect than man.

Remind me, since I don't have the issue with me, but have they called Kaine by his name yet?

Yep, you see the CIA decided to erm...name them all.

So when they looked at the clones they just threw names on them that sounded cool.

The one in the exosuit...Macdonald Gargan...yeah...that works.

The scarred one....umm...Kaine! No need for a surname.

The incectoid....Anton Miguel Rodriguez!

The chick....Jessica Drew.

It makes perfect Bendis sense.

And now this Jessica Drew is a lesbian, because she's really a man in a female's body, maybe she'll become a transvestite?

All jokes aside, I have no idea why she would go by Jessica Drew. And wasn't there suppose to be an Ultimate Spider-Girl along with these rejects?

Hey, it could have been worse. They could have named her Patsy Parker.

Or, I dunno, May? Mary? his/her Mom or Aunt's name?

Or perhaps after Octo Octavius' dead wife, since he seems to be behind all of this...

Or maybe something clever based on Arachnid names...

Also: Cassandra Webb intrigues me.

Or, I dunno, May? Mary? his/her Mom or Aunt's name?

Or perhaps after Octo Octavius' dead wife, since he seems to be behind all of this...

Or maybe something clever based on Arachnid names...

Also: Cassandra Webb intrigues me.

Yah, they could have... and you thinking of the wrong Doc. Ock. In this reality his wife is alive and sold him out. So I don't think he would have named Spider-Woman after her.

If the gov't is, in fact, behind a lot of the cloning, why is it inconcievable to believe they released Doc Ock? They could've believed he would help them round them up or know what to do...

I have not read this issue yet but on USM in general I'm just really bored with this, nothing seems like a big surprize or revelations it seems like I'm waiting for it to be over and done with. It just seems boring and bland. I really need a change on this book something different or at least going back to the basics, to what made this comic great. Wake me up when Bendis leaves

I have not read this issue yet but on USM in general I'm just really bored with this, nothing seems like a big surprize or revelations it seems like I'm waiting for it to be over and done with. It just seems boring and bland. I really need a change on this book something different or at least going back to the basics, to what made this comic great. Wake me up when Bendis leaves

i don't think BMB is h=going anywhere for a looonnngg time

this issue was pretty good definitly a pick-up from the last one, it seems bagley has completely checked out though the art is way off calibur, but my faith in this book is plummeting

me after warriors :D
me after USM annual #1 :x
me after silver sable :?
me after deadpool :(
me after morbius :)
me after USM annual #2 :p
me after this far into the clone saga :cry:

my rating for the issue 2.5/5

I'm with you on your ratings, my man... The book has felt uninspired for a long time now. It's a shame, too.

maybe bendis is just punishing us ultimate fans to get back at millar for making such a craptacular version of ultimate luke cage and not letting him ultimize him

bendis is more spoiled than month old mayonaise (sp?)

I sincerely doubt that has anything to do with it.

He thinks he's writing a "great" story. I actually like it, too, but I wish it was over next issue at the same time.

Plus, the Defenders Power Man wasn't mentioned as being Luke Cage to my memory. Except in the Handbook, and I wouldn't consider that canon, since the comics can change their "speculations" any time they like.

There are plenty of other characters who have been called Power Man, or it could be someone completely new.

Or the wimpier Power Man can somehow get into an accident while on the defenders that results in him getting bulletproof skin... which compells him to finally take these things seriously and start pushing around the dealers who had pushed him around for all this time.

It wouldnt be that hard to introduce him in continuity...

Yeah, even though he's on a joke team, he's only been in, like, five panels.

No reason he has to be a wasted Ultimization, even they go the route of having him be Luke.

Aside from the facts that the UFF showed up unnecessarily at Peter's house and MJ turned into a Goblin girl, I have no problem with the Clone Saga thus far... I actually thought this issue brought this arc back up to what I thought it would be like in the beginning. We're getting answers now, which is what we wanted in the first place... Anti-climatic or not, we're coming to a resolution to an arc that will no doubt change everything we've known about this title.

Latest posts

Back