Ultimate X-Men: Absolute Power (#94-97)

Re: Ultimate X-Men #95 discussion (spoilers) Preview included.

This issue failed on almost every fundamental level of comic book writing.

Yeah Wolfsbane and Puck were in Cry Wolf issue 50 for a panel or two.

Thanks! I'll go back and take a look.

I want so badly to drop this title but for some reason I can't stop myself from buying it still. Perhaps it is morbid curiosity. Like watching a train wreck.

Maybe I am just a "completionist" wanker and I don't know it yet. Damn...that would suck. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ultimate X-Men #95 discussion (spoilers).

I want so badly to drop this title but for some reason I can't stop myself from buying it still. Perhaps it is morbid curiosity. Like watching a train wreck.

Maybe I am just a "completionist" wanker and I don't know it yet. Damn...that would suck. :shock:

Oh, comic book fans!

Keeping horrible writers in the industry since 1945.

I just read it. And I agree. I can see what the writer was going for, and if he'd succeeded it could have made for an ok tale.

However, he failed miserably in his execution, and thus turned what at best would've been an ok tale into a stupid, bumbling mess.

Its like the literary equivalent of bumping your head slightly hard.

mike3717 said:

Maybe I am just a "completionist" wanker and I don't know it yet. Damn...that would suck.

I'm right there with you. I think its a misplaced devotion to the Ultimate timeline overall that keeps me buying all the Ultimate titles, even though only one right now is worth checking out (USM). The minis are ok, but the ongoings (besides USM) suck so badly it hurts.

I'm really hoping Ultimatum will serve to bring the Ultimate universe back to its roots--ie, quality writing involving worthwhile reimaginings of characters, storylines, and concepts from 616...not half-assed, pointless ramblings which copy and paste 616 characters and concepts into the Ultimate universe, like we've been getting lately.

You guys know, that Banshee is a drug concocted from Wolverine's DNA connecting this too Ultimate Origins right?

Kindof like a Stage 2 of the Mutant genome that they made from Logan

You guys know, that Banshee is a drug concocted from Wolverine's DNA connecting this too Ultimate Origins right?

*seizures and dies*

Gosh, that adds a whole new dimension of lameness that I hadn't thought of.

Apparently the whole UU is the illegitimate baby of Wolverine and Nick Fury.

"must...stop....buying...bad...comics......"

Last edited:

*Head Explodes!*

The End.

A second power stage!? Holy ****! Vegita, what does the scouter say about his powerlevel!?!?!?

IT'S OVER NINE THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUSAND!

That was quick! :)

in an unrelated note; why isnt this thread in the Ultimate X-men forum?

You know an X-Men book has to be really bad if even I'm entertaining the thought of dropping it. :(

There's just so many...many horrible things with this issue (more than the prior) that I don't where to begin. So I won't.

I'll just go back to the corner and just go into a fetal position as I dream about the good times with Millar and BKV...

read it. very disappointed in it. the first issue had potential but this one really blew any chances of this being a decent arc. when the hell did Rogue ever meet Fairchild/Sasquatch? Plus, wasn't she annihilated by a sentinel in issue 87? :? eh either way who cares? she has no arm now.

Rogue killed her father cause he was touchy feely with her... Wasn't her dad and mom there at the open house near the end of Return of the King? I'm telling you, this isn't Aron C. writing.... It's really Loeb screwing up continuity as always!!!!

and Wolverine has used Banshee... go figure... what hasn't he done?!?! I kinda wish BKV would come back cause so far he's the only author that has really tossed Wolverine aside for more than 2 issues. well, hopefully (ha) this arc will end alright in the next two issues

Of course it's Loeb. Aron C.'s just clearing the ground for that the dreadful exercise which is Ultimatum.

Much how Ultimates 3 has nothing to do with the Ultimates or anything the Ultimates ever did, but instead seems to want to change the backstories of the Ultimate X-Men while Ultimate Origins does much of the same.

It's all leading to an event which needed massive amounts of retcons in order to work even by Loeb's standards.

Considering their extremely limited exposure in the Ultimate universe so far, using Wolfsbane as a shocking "Its a mysterious old character in the guise of a new one" plot twist is friggin' lame. Who's really going to care who Ult. Sasquatch is...? Thats right, no one. Because no one cares who Ult. Wolfsbane is in the first place.

Wolfsbane had a slightly bigger role in 'Sentinels' arc as she is one of the members of Styrfe's MLF that is seen prominently. She is still a minor character and you don't even care when she is roasted by a Sentinel.... which begs to ask why she is the one shown here. I guess MGH brings people back to life?

Wolfsbane had a slightly bigger role in 'Sentinels' arc as she is one of the members of Styrfe's MLF that is seen prominently. She is still a minor character and you don't even care when she is roasted by a Sentinel.... which begs to ask why she is the one shown here. I guess MGH brings people back to life?

She wasn't really dead, because Professor wiped everyone's mind to the fact she lived, and had her working in a top secret military bunker.

A la Beast.

Latest posts

Back