Ultimate X-Men: Absolute Power (#94-97)

Re: Ultimate X-Men #96 discussion (spoilers).

It's been a while since I read anything with Fraction on it. He was hailed as this big up-in-comer and I really didn't care.

...Think I'll pick up Iron Fist's first trade and give it a try.

It's been a while since I read anything with Fraction on it. He was hailed as this big up-in-comer and I really didn't care.

...Think I'll pick up Iron Fist's first trade and give it a try.

You're missing out. Iron Fist and his Iron Man are both pretty damn good. And Casanova is sublime. As far as I'm concerned, he's the best writer currently in Marvel's stable.

Last edited:

Alright then, next week sometime I'll pick up Iron Fist.

This whole line's dead to me. If I read anything else after this it'll just be out of some grim fascination with how badly it'll all go down.

Alright then, next week sometime I'll pick up Iron Fist.

This whole line's dead to me. If I read anything else after this it'll just be out of some grim fascination with how badly it'll all go down.

You should splurge and pick up Casanova: Luxuria. You won't be disappointed.

as soon as I finished this, I said "what the hell did I just read"

I actually went back to my LCS to see if I missed an issue

this was....the worst comic I've read in a long time, just abysmal.

if next issue is the last issue, I'll welcome it, even though I'd have like to see this series hit #100, (really ending a series on #97 and an annual is pretty strange), just end it.

Amazing Spider-Man is Marvel's best title.

Also, when did Jean's dad die? Wasn't he alive in Ultimate War?

Foolsfolly - that was one of the best comic reviews I've ever read. I'm dead serious.

I haven't been reading this because it hasn't been good since BKV left. This review caught me up on things. And it's obvious that I'm missing quite a bit...of ****.

I just can't believe the stupidity of having Wolverine's "DNA" being some kind of drug.

I have to see this for myself.

Seriously, what HAS happened to the UU?

There wasn't anything in this issue that was entertaining. There was nonsense, but I'd like to think Marvel thinks better of their audience than to throw this kind of bull**** at them.

Bendis' MGH wasn't purely wolverine. It was taken from various mutants and was this gross seedy underbelly type of thing.

So yes. It is stupider.

Amazing Spider-Man is Marvel's best title.

Also, when did Jean's dad die? Wasn't he alive in Ultimate War?

No. Thor is marvels best title.

And yes, Jean's dad was alive in Ult War. And there was no indication at that point that he was not a "good father". In fact he seemed quite the opposite.

Yet more terrible characterization with no consideration of what has already been written.

Just horrible. I'm not buying this crap.

No. Thor is marvels best title.

And yes, Jean's dad was alive in Ult War. And there was no indication at that point that he was not a "good father". In fact he seemed quite the opposite.

Yet more terrible characterization with no consideration of what has already been written.

Just horrible. I'm not buying this crap.

Don't you know? All women in comics have to come from abusive families or relationships. Her dad was just trying to fool us.

Jean will probably fix everything with her powers and Colossus will not be dead, hopefully. These writers suck so much balls.

I no longer have Ultimate War, but it was in Issue 2. Wasp goes to see a Professor or Doctor Grey. But I thought that was her uncle?

If it's her father, the father ghost in the last issue bears no resemblance to the bearded thick old man in Ultimate War. He kinda looks like a 60 year old Norman Osbourn. Just kinda.

I no longer have Ultimate War, but it was in Issue 2. Wasp goes to see a Professor or Doctor Grey. But I thought that was her uncle?

If it's her father, the father ghost in the last issue bears no resemblance to the bearded thick old man in Ultimate War. He kinda looks like a 60 year old Norman Osbourn. Just kinda.

OMGJEANGREYANDNORMANOSBORNEARESIBLINGS!!!!!!!!

....I would laugh, but I'm worried that that might come out in the next Ultimate Origins.

Latest posts

Back