Ultimates 3 #1-5 discussion [Loeb/Madureira] [spoilers]

Re: Ultimates 3 #1 spoiler/discussion

I can't wait for E to read this. What the hell is taking him so long?

I was waiting to download it.

But today I was near the comic store so I picked it up.

And...well, I'm having trouble recognizing how I feel about this.

Is it bad? Absolutely. But do I think it's bad because it's poorly written? Or is it because it's such a bastardization of a book that I loved?

I think it's a little of both.

There are so many unexplained "errors" that I can only hope are explained. Writers do this all the time and I can appreciate that, but there were too many and none were interesting enough that I want to keep reading to find out. Clint's costume, Valkyrie on the team, Janet in charge (?!)....

Clint was written terribly. He was totally flippant about Black Widow...come on. This chick killed his whole family. He should be blind with rage when he hears or sees her. And what's with the costume? And the guns?!

The outing of Pietro and Wanda...awful. Way to explicit. It does not work when it is out there in the open.

The art...bad. Sorry to anyone who likes Joe Mad, but it sucked. There is no flow to the pages, the Venom/Black Panther pinup was awful, proportions are all wrong, and all of the faces looked the same.

So....yeah. It blew.

But at least it wasn't as bad as Ultimate Iron Man.

I liked the art, but I do agree that there was absolutely no flow whatsoever. It was....just there.

I liked the art, but I do agree that there was absolutely no flow whatsoever. It was....just there.

Particularly when Clint busts out and starts shooting Venom. Made no sense.

Particularly when Clint busts out and starts shooting Venom. Made no sense.
It's funny because I kept looking around the page thinking, "WHERE THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO LOOK NEXT?!?!"

Hmm, this all sounds like an Image version of the 616 Avengers.

Hmm, this all sounds like an Image version of the 616 Avengers.

Y'know, it actually reminds me a little of Heroes Reborn Avengers... Which kinda is an Image version of the 616 Avengers when you think about it.

I loved the art.

Hated everything else. Clint is horrible, Valkyrie WTF?

Confirming Pietro and Wanda realation was just a stupid idea, it was much better when there was only suspicion. The bullet? if that was a normal bullet I don't see how a guy who runs at mach 15++ can't stop it just by holding it and change position, or vibrating it. If you think about it Hurricane was much faster than that bullet...

But of course that bullet could be propelled by other means, as magneto's powers.

Meh, really really bad issue. If Ultimates 3 wasn't about Magneto I would totally ignore it. But I want to see more about Pietro and Mad's art, which I love. (yes I know it's exagerated.)

the arts just so flat... its just there... there's no depth or passion to it.

Its hard to make out what's happening from page to page.

Worst change in Ultimates vol. 3

What is the worse change from Ultimates vol.2 to Ultimates vol. 3?

Re: Worst change in Ultimates vol. 3

Jeff Loeb

That is all

Re: Worst change in Ultimates vol. 3

Jeff Loeb, I used to be a big fan of his work.

Not any more. He turned Ultimates into your regular 90s Image comic, lots of sex, but little else of value.

Last edited:

Did anyone else think that the doctor at the end working on Wanda was Donald Blake? It seemed like they made a point out of making sure you noticed his walking stick. Perhaps that has somethingh to do with the changes in Thor and/or Val.

Did anyone else think that the doctor at the end working on Wanda was Donald Blake? It seemed like they made a point out of making sure you noticed his walking stick. Perhaps that has somethingh to do with the changes in Thor and/or Val.

TOTALLY thought that.

Welcome, Mike!!

Latest posts

Back