Ultimates 3 #1-5 discussion [Loeb/Madureira] [spoilers]

Re: Ultimates 3 #1 spoiler/discussion

I just realized that if the black "Supreme Power" Nighthawk is Black Panther, then there are 2 Nighthawks in the Ultimate U. now. The other, white Nighthawk was a member of Ultimate Defenders.

I just realized that if the black "Supreme Power" Nighthawk is Black Panther, then there are 2 Nighthawks in the Ultimate U. now. The other, white Nighthawk was a member of Ultimate Defenders.

so that makes

Nighthawk (black)
Nighthawk (white)
Hawkeye
and
Hawk-Owl

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that ultimate marvel isnt being very original with their hero names. They do know that there are more birds of pray in the world than Hawks and Falcons, right?

factcatpm6.png

:lol:

Loved the review, McCheese. If, for some insane reason, you continue to pick up the rest of the issues in the series, I'll be looking forward to your comments.

We'll see. I don't want to give them my money for this crap, but I may have to continue to rubberneck this series just to see how bad it gets.

Rubbernecking, for those of you who don't know, is the act of slowing down to look at an accident as you drive past it. And make no mistake this series is a massive trainwreck. Blood, guts, and bad characterization as far as the eye can see.

The "Me Too" was referring to Langsta's post - I too, had forgotten we had a Nighthawk in U2.

But your reviews are always fun to read! :D

Last edited:

Why the **** is Thor still speaking in ye olde english? He's a norse god, who came from norwegia. Give him a norwegian accent, no problem, but there is no ****ing way he speaks Ye olde english. Just because the 616version is retarded doesnt mean this one should be too. (For those who havent noticed: I hate 616 Thor with a passion

Anyone else notice that Thor has his 616 hammer...... how hard is it to get this stuff right? Really, I'd be happy if they(Marvel) could just get the little things right, but I suppose that would be asking to much...

Well, I think Loeb has said that Thor looking like his 616 self will be explained at some point. Of course, that still doesn't explain why he felt it necessary to do it in the first place.

Well, I think Loeb has said that Thor looking like his 616 self will be explained at some point. Of course, that still doesn't explain why he felt it necessary to do it in the first place.

The man had to take a dump somewhere. He couldn't find the john, so he took a **** on some paper and voila! Ultimates 3.

JMS wrote him that way in ULTIMATE POWER, probably because JMS felt he should talk that way. And no one said, "no".

I dunno - maybe it was an editorial decision, I dunno. But for some reason that feels true to me. I'd like to here the real reason he changed his voice, not the bull**** one we'll see in Ultimates 3 #4.

The explanation for Thor now talking like his 616 version will probably be chalked up to his now proven godhood (from Ultimates 2 #13). Its pointless and makes no sense, but guaranteed thats the reason we'll be given.

As in "It was really always like this but no one noticed because Loki was messing with everyone?" (Even though Loki didn't show up in any known fashion until the second Ultimates volume, and Thor was speaking understandable English in the first volume....)

oh well, I just read this and didn't like it. I was trying to. The art doesn't fit, the dialog sucks compared to the old ultimates. I like that the team is pretty much screwed..but the hawkeye character acts like a teenager instead of a trained killer.
I cant believe the best comic just got killed!

As in "It was really always like this but no one noticed because Loki was messing with everyone?" (Even though Loki didn't show up in any known fashion until the second Ultimates volume, and Thor was speaking understandable English in the first volume....)

I'm sure Loki's manipulations will probably be an explanation. Either way, I dislike the new 616 rip-off version of Ultimate Thor very much.

SeAcoW said:
oh well, I just read this and didn't like it. I was trying to. The art doesn't fit, the dialog sucks compared to the old ultimates. I like that the team is pretty much screwed..but the hawkeye character acts like a teenager instead of a trained killer.
I cant believe the best comic just got killed!

Its hard for us all. Though I know many were apprehensive about this title, and justifiably so with the crapfest the first issue was.

EVERYONE READ THIS!!! Its a perfect review of this issue! Overlord, good find!

:lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back