Ultimates 3 #1-5 discussion [Loeb/Madureira] [spoilers]

Re: Ultimates 3 #5 variant (spoilers.....i gues)

Hahahaha - my 5-year old just came in and saw this and couldn't believe how awesome it was.

THAT'S YOUR AUDIENCE, LOEB. FIVE YEAR OLDS.

To be fair, you're the one in charge of what he thinks is cool.

Re: Ultimates 3 #5 variant (spoilers.....i gues)

So the Vision is really Black Panther! That tricky bastard Loeb.

Re: Ultimates 3 #5 variant (spoilers.....I guess)

If they are supposed to be tricking people into believing that they are the Ultimates, you think that they would try a little harder.

What I hate about the robot reveal (other then the obvious fact that he's ripping off Secret Invasion) is that it just comes out of nowhere. No foreshadowing, no subtlety, just terminator Cap. It's just Loeb screwing around until Ultimatum.

(Also, the Ultimates could totally take Magneto. Omega-level mutant or not, Thor is a god.)

What I hate about the robot reveal (other then the obvious fact that he's ripping off Secret Invasion) is that it just comes out of nowhere. No foreshadowing, no subtlety, just terminator Cap. It's just Loeb screwing around until Ultimatum.

(Also, the Ultimates could totally take Magneto. Omega-level mutant or not, Thor is a god.)

Although this might be a big part of ultimatum, it is hard to say at his point. (But, you're right; Thor could easily take out Magneto.)

if they are supposed to be tricking people into believing that they are the ultimates, you think that they would try a little harder.

*bzzzt click* "DO YOU THINK THE LETTER ON THIS UNIT'S HEAD STANDS FOR ROBO-FRANCE!? ERROR 404. DISREGARD THE END OF PREVIOUS STATEMENT, THIS UNIT MEANT HUMAN FRANCE." *bzzzt click*

Last edited:

Dear Loeb,

Your robot clones aren't as scary as you think. If your master plan was to introduce us to Ultimate Ultron.....we all know that Ultron is designed to be super-logical and super religious.

So with that said---

"Could God make a sandwich so big, that even He couldn't finish it?"

........aaaaaaand BOOM!

Your robot army goes down in a massive 010101010101 error.

You Lose,
Chase Stein

Dear Loeb,

Your robot clones aren't as scary as you think. If your master plan was to introduce us to Ultimate Ultron.....we all know that Ultron is designed to be super-logical and super religious.

So with that said---

"Could God make a sandwich so big, that even He couldn't finish it?"

........aaaaaaand BOOM!

Your robot army goes down in a massive 010101010101 error.

You Lose,
Chase Stein
:lol:

POTD. Ignore any others.

Didn't that happen to Ultron's son in Runaways?

*bzzzt click* "DO YOU THINK THE LETTER ON THIS UNIT'S HEAD STANDS FOR ROBO-FRANCE!? ERROR 404. DISREGARD THE END OF PREVIOUS STATEMENT, THIS UNIT MEANT HUMAN FRANCE." *bzzzt click*

Much Better.

UNLESS Thor is really a robot!
(then It would be pretty easy for Magneto to take him down)

Maybe Loeb realized that the whole world hates Ultimates 3, so he changed the story into an Ultron story half way through. All of the Ultimates from Ultimates 3 have been robots since issue one, and the real Ultimates are captured, and still cool.

So was there another push back for #5 or did I just miss it at my local shop?

From the guys that brought you Zombie variants

and then

Skrull Variants

and then

Ape Variants

I GIVE YOU

ROBOT VARIANT

ultimates-vol-3-20080728030924773.jpg

god help us

The art is actually pretty kick-*** on Joe Mad's part.

I've just completed all combinations and permutations, and found that we've received the single worst story from which this artwork (which I too like) could originate. Its true.

It narrowly beat out the timeline where Ultimate Big wheel leaves skid marks (both kinds) in Cap's toilet. Cap gets so mad that he rubs 'robo-acid' in the faces of each Ultimate. I know what you're thinking - 'robo-acid...oh right...the acid that turns your face into its analagous robot counterpart.' You'd be wrong. Robo-acid is urine dripped from Ultimate MODOFDU ('Machine ONLY designed ONLY for dripping Urine). In a strange turn of events, though, it happens to have the effect described before...because, y'know... its all connected.

Loeb also pitched this idea, but apparently dropped it, deciding it was too complex for his audience. Plus it didn't have an obvious place for him to use the (shocking) word 'vibrator'... and he was NOT willing to give that up. The man and his art. That's what he calls the vibrator. 'Arthur' for short. I know.

So - nice pic. Story stinks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back