Ultimates 3 #1-5 discussion [Loeb/Madureira] [spoilers]

Re: The Ultimates 3 #4 discussion (spoilers).

am i the only one who thinks the black panter is nick fury?

Then I guess my question is why does Loeb 'sell'? Could it be that ANYONE could sell these titles? (Superman/Batman, Ultimates following Millar, Hulk after Planet Hulk/WWH and in anticipation of a Hulk movie). Could it be respected artists? (McGuinness, Mad, etc).

I guess what I'm saying is really rather vacuous:

If Loeb sells, but it has nothing to do with his skills, then wouldn't these books sell BETTER with a BETTER writer? Wouldn't that be smarter business?
I honestly think that Brubaker, or Millar, or even Bendis (a good writer in theory that spreads himself too thin... and ALSO, writes poop for months, just so he can tie it all together in an admittedly good 'event') on ANY of these titles would increase sales.

Just my opinion, though.

Yes though the planet hulk story didn't exactly make the top ten while his Hulk does and since you've mentioned Batman/Superman his run sold more than it does now.

It's like the parody movies, Are they bad? yes but they sell which is why they keep making them.....even though i wish they didn't and i don't understand why people go see them.

It's business as long as he keeps making them money they're happy.

It's absolutely true.

And Robo-Captain America recycled a line from T2 before we found out he was an evil robot. OoooooooooOOOOOO!!!! Foreshadowing!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Loeb sucks.

Oh. And real Captain America apparently knows about the Ultrons. His plan apparently so far has been to dress up as the Black Panther while robo-Cap boogied in his place, and left the rest of the Ultimate in the dark about it to get menaced by the things.... I guess cuz he's skurred they're robots.

Well, you just went and spoiled issue #5 for me...but thats ok, since Loeb spoiled it first by writing it in the first place!

Loeb sucks.

P.S. Loeb sucks.

...I think I should've made that my subnic instead of "The Timeline Guy". Both are true, but the Loeb thing is so much more relevant.

I realy dont get why everyone is falling over Cap being Black panther so much. As I mentioned before I never read (much) of the regular marvel comics and had no previous knowledge of Black Panther. I find the cap = black panther side story pretty much the only intriguing part of Ultimates 4 right now. How did he find out about the robots? How did he become part of the team without the rest of his teammates becoming suspicious?

I have a bigger problem with Thor's speach impediment, hawkeye turning into Ultimate Punisher and every female character on the ultimates being either a whore, a traitor or unable to decide what race she belongs to.

Also, spiderman is still lying beaten and brused in central park. Was the venom they fought early in the arc a robot? I dont have the issue here, but that might work out like that.

Um....Venom melted into goo.

And Ultimate Scarlet Witch could be a robot too.

The bullet was fired from Captain America, to clue everyone into the fact.

Then...Fury is really white?

What a twist!!

bpantherlq7.jpg

not exactly white, i guess.

The biggest shock of the issue?

That at no point did the Juggernaut say "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!"

So from the last pages you can tell that Scarlet Witch is safe and have to be guarded against the Ultimates, Quicksilver doesn't know the Ultimates anymore and in the last page the Ultimate version of Thor is a robot (instead of the "616" version we have on the team now).

I swear if Loeb retcons Ultimates and Ultimates 2 with stating that they were all robots I'm gonna e-mailbomb Marvel!

...and I surely hope that Ultimatum isn't Ultimate House of M (like it seems to build up to right now).

I think the baby-mama drama that has been plaguing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch is Loeb's take on the issue of the Avengers in which Magneto was revealed to be their father, instead of Robert Frank, the Whizzer.

Only, it's Mags or Wolverine instead of Mags or Frank.

Last edited:

I think the baby-mama drama that has been plaguing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch is Loeb's take on the issue of the Avengers in which Magneto was revealed to be their father, instead of Robert Frank, the Whizzer.

Only, it's Mags or Wolverine instead of Mags or Frank.

Um...isn't that baby-daddy drama?

Last edited:

bpantherlq7.jpg

not exactly white, i guess.

...and not terribly proportionate fingers. but could be white. if that's on purpose, maybe Beast?

Last edited:

Black Panther is obviously white.

Also - I hope all of you are reading the 4th Letter parody. It is so damn funny.

Latest posts

Back