Ultimatum series discussion [spoilers]

Ultimate Origins was decent enough, but it never felt like there was an "effort" put into it. It was mailed in.

Power, on the other hand, was almost as bad as Ultimates 3 and there was NO effort put into that.

Am I the only one that didn't hate Ultimate Power? It wasn't that bad, but to say that it was almost as bad as Ultimates 3 is way an exageration. There is nothing that bad with the possible exception of Ultimatum.

So was Ultimatum so bad that its tainted your experience with the UU and will make you think twice before buying another Ultimate comic?

Last edited:
nope, i compare ultimatum and ultimates 3 against every thing else (i liked most of what you all didnt like)

thats two trades against 60 some trades, no contest...i will keep reading

Am I the only one that didn't hate Ultimate Power? It wasn't that bad, but to say that it was almost as bad as Ultimates 3 is way an exageration. There is nothing that bad with the possible exception of Ultimatum.

Ultimatum
^
^
^
Ultimates 3
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Ultimate Power
^
^
^
^
^
^
Ultimate Iron Man

Does anyone have a cbr file of Ultimatum 5 they want to e-mail me, since my usual channels are done, and I need to read it prior to the 4th letter parody.

I did not hate Ultimate Power as well. It wasn't great (or even good), but it was good enough. I liked Ultimate Origins a little less than Power. Ultimates 3, in my opinion, was worse than both of these because it actually made me question if I would even read Ultimates 4. Somehow Ultimatum was able to top this, as I now question whether I am going to keep reading anything in the UU. That said, given the writer/artists teams of the new books, I will give them at least an issue to see how they handle things. So for me:

Power > Origins > 3 > Ultimatum

Power and Origins were in no mean as bad as Ultimatium and Ultimates 3 but they were still complete and utter trash.

Especially the last parts of Power.

And who could forgot about the Hulk Annual?

And who could forgot about the Hulk Annual?

It was easy for me to do just that. It was as bad as Ultimates 3, but only one issue so it was an easy memory to repress... until just now. Why would you even bring it up?

So lets actually discuss the one page of the entire Ultimatum/Ultimates 3 that had any promise/wasn't horse poop. Who do you think the woman is Quicksilver is talking to?

My two guesses are Power Princess and Scarlet Witch. The former because we don't know whats happened to her...the latter because its Loeb, he could have forgotten that he killed her already (even though he mentioned it not even a page earlier)

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
So lets actually discuss the one page of the entire Ultimatum/Ultimates 3 that had any promise/wasn't horse poop. Who do you think the woman is Quicksilver is talking to?

My two guesses are Power Princess and Scarlet Witch. The former because we don't know whats happened to her...the latter because its Loeb, he could have forgotten that he killed her already (even though he mentioned it not even a page earlier)

What are your thoughts?

It's obviously his mother.

It's obviously his mother.

Yep. Go back and read Ultimates 3 (thats the first time I've ever said that). In the flashback portion of Wolverine telling about how he might be Scarlet Witch's dad, Quicksilver and SW's mom is still alive after Erik/Magneto throws him down the mountain.

So now the Ultimate version of Magneto is Mrs. Magneto. :shock:

Yep. Go back and read Ultimates 3 (thats the first time I've ever said that). In the flashback portion of Wolverine telling about how he might be Scarlet Witch's dad, Quicksilver and SW's mom is still alive after Erik/Magneto throws him down the mountain.

So now the Ultimate version of Magneto is Mrs. Magneto. :shock:

Yeah, but I'm thinking her powers will be more akin to Wanda.

So there's still the potential of saving 1610 by way of a reality reboot.

Wolverine who is meant to survive anything can survive a nuke but not repulsor rays and optic blasts at the same time. Wanda's body is still hidden.

to be fair, the optic and repulsor ray blasts obviously didn't kill him. It seemed to me that Wolverine would have regenerated from that if Magneto hadn't pulled the admantium off his bones. I can accept that that having most of his flesh blasted away AND THEN having his skeleton shattered would be enough to kill him.

So, if you draw and quarter Wolverine, will a different one grow back from each piece?

That is a very good question. How much Wolverine needs to be there to be regenerated, could there be an army of Wolverines if someone could hold him down?

I wonder if one grew from that pinky that was chopped off in USM

That is a totally, 100% legitimate question, as is the pinky one. We all know he will grow back from the severed hand. When he does, it is totally legitimate to ask why another Wolverine didn't grow from the pinky.

I kinda look at Wolverine like a Zombie. Only useful if the brain is intact.

Yes, but I think 616 Wolverine regenerated from a drop of blood at one point.

Different character, I know, but there's no reason not to think they wouldn't follow that.

For what it's worth, I think that's how it should be. No brain, no Wolverine.

I agree with the brain theory. So does that mean if you cut off Tony Stark's pinky it would grow another Tony Stark?

Didn't Magneto already know that based on Ultimate Origins? I mean he set Wolverine free from the tank. He killed his mother because of the torture being done to Wolverine. Her dying words talked about find a cure for this.
Yeah, I wondered this too. But it seemed pretty clear that Loeb was ignoring Ultimate Origins and referencing the Ultimate Cap Annual

9: Loeb decides that the best way to show that eight days have passed is to have a blank page with the words "Eight Days Later" on the bottom.
:lol::lol::lol:
10:Thing kills Doom. Namor is shocked. He must be wondering how this got published.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That said, the last two pages did intrigue me.

well, Quicksilver was way out of character in those two pages. He left the brotherhood b/c he thought his father was a madman and a terrorist. He hated him. Magneto thought he was too soft. Now all of a sudden the roles are reversed? And how is he not dead?

bah. I don't care. This will obviously be followed up in Ultimates 4 (and by followed up i mean a new story will flow out of it and none of my questions will be answered), but I will not buy it!

I'm so glad it's over!

Do you think there could at least be some interesting stories about the fall out from this mess? Like Spidey fighting looters or something?

There`s a point where fury says "Your not gonna answer to me or any of us standing here your going to answer to.....JEAN GREY"

and I swear to God Jean Grey is standing right there. I mean say what you will about the writing but the editor is just us much at fault, did no-one point this **** out to Loeb.

Oh my Good God, that was just awful.

Let's start with the beginning: Wolverine has a BERSERKER RAGE. Why is he talking to Magneto and telling him ****? Why doesn't he just go "RARRRGH" and stab him up? Why, when it seems Hawkeye is SO accurate he can shoot an arrow into Cyclops' temple so the arrow snaps and doesn't kill him, can he not kill Magneto during Wolverine's fighty fighty? Why doesn't Jean TK Magneto's helmet off? Why don't Cyclops and/or Captain America have ANY kind of strategy? And how does a repulsor blast and a optic blast kill Wolverine? And why didn't Magneto just de-adamantium him before? Why is this so ****? Also, when Wolverine dies, I like how the rest CONTINUE TO JUST WATCH. It is, apparently, what they are good at.

Then there's Nick Fury who, apparently, has had, since before THE TOMORROW PEOPLE an OFF-SWITCH to Magneto. Think about this, if Nick Fury KNEW that if he told Magneto that he's really a human, Magneto would stop all the hate, why did he not do this BEFORE? They've had telepaths like... oh, I dunno, XAVIER. If I were Cyclops, I'd kill Fury too for being such a douche.

And Thing wouldn't kill Doom. He's not like that. And even if he did, I would think Doom would go out on a asteroid flying into the sun. What nonsense.

AND THEN THERE IS A MYSTERY VILLAIN BEHIND IT ALL.

Colossus said it best with, "When is this going to stop?" and "How can it get any worse?"

Apparently, it won't and it will.

Jeph Loeb is the worst comic writer I can think of. I cannot think of a comic writer with less talent and skill and integrity than this man.

Oh my Good God, that was just awful.

Let's start with the beginning: Wolverine has a BERSERKER RAGE. Why is he talking to Magneto and telling him ****? Why doesn't he just go "RARRRGH" and stab him up? Why, when it seems Hawkeye is SO accurate he can shoot an arrow into Cyclops' temple so the arrow snaps and doesn't kill him, can he not kill Magneto during Wolverine's fighty fighty? Why doesn't Jean TK Magneto's helmet off? Why don't Cyclops and/or Captain America have ANY kind of strategy? And how does a repulsor blast and a optic blast kill Wolverine? And why didn't Magneto just de-adamantium him before? Why is this so ****? Also, when Wolverine dies, I like how the rest CONTINUE TO JUST WATCH. It is, apparently, what they are good at.

Then there's Nick Fury who, apparently, has had, since before THE TOMORROW PEOPLE an OFF-SWITCH to Magneto. Think about this, if Nick Fury KNEW that if he told Magneto that he's really a human, Magneto would stop all the hate, why did he not do this BEFORE? They've had telepaths like... oh, I dunno, XAVIER. If I were Cyclops, I'd kill Fury too for being such a douche.

And Thing wouldn't kill Doom. He's not like that. And even if he did, I would think Doom would go out on a asteroid flying into the sun. What nonsense.

AND THEN THERE IS A MYSTERY VILLAIN BEHIND IT ALL.

Colossus said it best with, "When is this going to stop?" and "How can it get any worse?"

Apparently, it won't and it will.

Jeph Loeb is the worst comic writer I can think of. I cannot think of a comic writer with less talent and skill and integrity than this man.

We need to do something about this seriously, whether it's writing a hundred letters to marvel or start a viral campaign, this needs to end

Latest posts

Back