Ultimatum series discussion [spoilers]

Re: Ultimatum discussion (Spoilers & Stuff)

I read it, it wasn't full of plot holes like Ultimates 3.

Except for the ones already there from the series, no new ones.

It was crap. I miss the Ultimate Universe.

I really miss Ultimate Thor, most of all.

The real Ultimate Thor needs to be the first thing Millar fixes when he comes back to the Ultimate Universe.

What do you mean, double-posting?

EDIT: I tried to do it on purpose, but it didn't work :-(

Last edited:

Guys, it's been one issue and you're saying it's just as bad as five issues of Ultimates 3?

Fury being a super soldier doesn't contradict anything either. He's said in UO that he doesn't want to be known as a super soldier, that he wants to be left alone. So, anything that Fury said to Peter about not knowing his father or his schooling in India is all a lie. He's lied before, it's not like Fury lying is out of character.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Fury being a super-soldier created the biggest ****ing plot-hole in existance. Remember during Ultimate Origins and all of Ultimates 1 when Fury is trying to replicate the super-soldier serum? All he had to do was give them some of his blood! And if he didn't want anyone to know it was his, he could've come up with a bull**** excuse for acquiring it. THE WHOLE REASON FOR THE EXISTANCE OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE ULTIMATE UNIVERSE IS TIED TO THE SUPER SOLDIER SERUM, AND FURY HAD IT PUMPING THROUGH HIS VEINS ALL THAT TIME.

Does that really make sense to you? In any conceivable way?

Its quite obvious Bendis pulled that out of his *** at the last minute and didn't bother to go back and see how it'd work with the previously established continuity, despite the fact he wrote a large portion of that established continuity. Its ****ing stupid...there's no other term for it.

And now, Loeb is taking that stupid-*** ball and running with it.

*sigh*

Guys, it's been one issue and you're saying it's just as bad as five issues of Ultimates 3?

Whats the number of issues have to do with anything? Its all terrible...its a simple comparison really. And no, I don't think its premature to say the entirety of Ultimatum will suck...it was a safe bet when only the first issue of Ultimates 3 was out.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Fury being a super-soldier created the biggest ****ing plot-hole in existance. Remember during Ultimate Origins and all of Ultimates 1 when Fury is trying to replicate the super-soldier serum? All he had to do was give them some of his blood! And if he didn't want anyone to know it was his, he could've come up with a bull**** excuse for acquiring it. THE WHOLE REASON FOR THE EXISTANCE OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE ULTIMATE UNIVERSE IS TIED TO THE SUPER SOLDIER SERUM, AND FURY HAD IT PUMPING THROUGH HIS VEINS ALL THAT TIME.

Its quite obvious Bendis pulled that out of his *** at the last minute and didn't bother to go back and see how it'd work with the previously established continuity, despite the fact he wrote a large portion of that established continuity. Its ****ing stupid...there's no other term for it.

Bingo.

*applause*

What i don't get is why they want to kill half of the Ultimate characters off. Why do they think it's a good idea?

What i don't get is why they want to kill half of the Ultimate characters off. Why do they think it's a good idea?

You see it will cause a craptacular cascade of **** energy and cause the Ultimate Universe to collapse into a quantum singularity of such unimaginable horror, that it will have to be hidden in the only place noone would ever think to look.

In a grave underneath the rotting corpse of Bendis's writing talent.

They would have hidden it under Loeb's rotting writing talent, but alas he never had any to begin with.

Okay...but even without him being a super soldier...why couldn't he have replicated the super soldier serum from Steve Rogers' blood after he thawed him out?

That's why it was so important that they found Steve Rogers... They thought he would solve all the problems. They would have known that was not the case if Fury was around.

could it be that like rodgers, fury's blood didn't help at all, hence why finding cap was so important.

And now, Loeb is taking that stupid-*** ball and running with it.

I kinda disagree. I don't think Bendis thought of how it would work with the previously established continuity, but it doesn't really screw it up. I'm sure they could come up with a plausible explanation for that (or not) :p

That's why it was so important that they found Steve Rogers... They thought he would solve all the problems. They would have known that was not the case if Fury was around.

At least Fury would have known that wasn't the case. But apparently in Ultimates 1 Fury forgot he was a super soldier also. :roll:

well, i gree that it was a dumb idea, but in Ultimate Origins, Fury does give Banner, Parker, Pym, and Storm a sample of his blood so i don't really think it creates a plot hole, just unnecessary shaky continuity due to a retcon.
The biggest problems it creates is why didn't his eye grow back? and is that how his arm grew back after Ultimates 2? and if so why did no one notice?

I think that if they develop the idea of the mutant gene being a contagious virus and tie it in with the legacy virus plot thread left dangling by Kirkman

and if Bendis writes an awesome story about what really happened to Peter's parents that ends in a show down between Spidey and Fury

then Ultimate Origins won't have been a complete loss (the only problems left - i think - will be the timeline stuff with Charles and Erik meeting and going to the savage land)

but i know those are two big ifs
all of a sudden i just realized that my expectations have been lowered so much that I'm satisfied if I can think of ways to explain the plot holes and continuity errors. That's sad. Forget it, Everything except Ultimate Spider-Man has absolutely sucked for a long time.
(Ultimate Human was good too)

Latest posts

Back