Ultimatum series discussion [spoilers]

Re: Ultimatum discussion (Spoilers & Stuff)

well, i gree that it was a dumb idea, but in Ultimate Origins, Fury does give Banner, Parker, Pym, and Storm a sample of his blood so i don't really think it creates a plot hole, just unnecessary shaky continuity due to a retcon.
The biggest problems it creates is why didn't his eye grow back? and is that how his arm grew back after Ultimates 2? and if so why did no one notice?

I think that if they develop the idea of the mutant gene being a contagious virus and tie it in with the legacy virus plot thread left dangling by Kirkman

and if Bendis writes an awesome story about what really happened to Peter's parents that ends in a show down between Spidey and Fury

then Ultimate Origins won't have been a complete loss (the only problems left - i think - will be the timeline stuff with Charles and Erik meeting and going to the savage land)

but i know those are two big ifs
all of a sudden i just realized that my expectations have been lowered so much that I'm satisfied if I can think of ways to explain the plot holes and continuity errors. That's sad. Forget it, Everything except Ultimate Spider-Man has absolutely sucked for a long time.
(Ultimate Human was good too)

we also got to remember that in the Ultimates annual, the Serum that they reverse engineered from Cap failed as well. Fury and Cap have been and still ar ethe only succesfull recipients of the Serum, the code still has not been cracked even with Cap being around again.

what we get is a cool origin for the Hulk, and a massive gaping plot hole on Pete's parents

Last edited:
Re: Ultimatum discussion (Spoilers & Stuff)

What i don't get is why they want to kill half of the Ultimate characters off. Why do they think it's a good idea?

Shock value.

Okay...but even without him being a super soldier...why couldn't he have replicated the super soldier serum from Steve Rogers' blood after he thawed him out?

could it be that like rodgers, fury's blood didn't help at all, hence why finding cap was so important.

It'd just be nice for them to explain that in the comics, instead of ignoring it and leaving the fans to fill in the copious blanks.

I kinda disagree. I don't think Bendis thought of how it would work with the previously established continuity, but it doesn't really screw it up. I'm sure they could come up with a plausible explanation for that (or not) :p

Um...did you not read my post? It basically negates Fury's motivation for finding Cap in the first place during Ultimates. See below:

mike3717 said:
At least Fury would have known that wasn't the case. But apparently in Ultimates 1 Fury forgot he was a super soldier also.

See?

Goodwill said:
How is Loeb doing anything to Fury yet?

He isn't. Bendis is. Thats what we're talking about.

captaincanuck65 said:
well, i gree that it was a dumb idea, but in Ultimate Origins, Fury does give Banner, Parker, Pym, and Storm a sample of his blood so i don't really think it creates a plot hole, just unnecessary shaky continuity due to a retcon.
The biggest problems it creates is why didn't his eye grow back? and is that how his arm grew back after Ultimates 2? and if so why did no one notice?

However, Bendis completely dropped the ball in terms of explaining him giving them that blood sample, and NOTHING happening with it other than the Hulk. He didn't explain (or attempt to) WHY they couldn't replicate it, and again, it negates Fury's motivations for finding Cap in Ultimates 1.

I think that if they develop the idea of the mutant gene being a contagious virus and tie it in with the legacy virus plot thread left dangling by Kirkman

and if Bendis writes an awesome story about what really happened to Peter's parents that ends in a show down between Spidey and Fury

then Ultimate Origins won't have been a complete loss (the only problems left - i think - will be the timeline stuff with Charles and Erik meeting and going to the savage land)

but i know those are two big ifs
all of a sudden i just realized that my expectations have been lowered so much that I'm satisfied if I can think of ways to explain the plot holes and continuity errors. That's sad. Forget it, Everything except Ultimate Spider-Man has absolutely sucked for a long time.
(Ultimate Human was good too)

It'll get better. Millar's coming back. It'll be like a second Golden Age of the Ultimate comics...Look to the light...Look to the light!!

Eightball said:
we also got to remember that in the Ultimates annual, the Serum that they reverse engineered from Cap failed as well. Fury and Cap have been and still ar ethe only succesfull recipients of the Serum, the code still has not been cracked even with Cap being around again.

Ah, that was it. Thanks for pointing that out.

what we get is a cool origin for the Hulk, and a massive gaping plot hole on Pete's parents

Yep.

Last edited:
Ugh. This was awful.

I can't stand that constant use of people's names by the person speaking. It's idiotic and so unnatural.

"They will pay the Ultimate Price" - it's lost it's luster, Marvel. Time for a new slogan.

Amusingly, I told my friend today the Black Panther/Captain America thing.

He got out of the car when I mentioned Fury isn't even in the same universe anymore.

I laughed so hard.

Amusingly, I told my friend today the Black Panther/Captain America thing.

He got out of the car when I mentioned Fury isn't even in the same universe anymore.

I laughed so hard.
It'd be funny if it weren't true

A few notes:

1-Thing's dialogue seemed really odd.
2-Magneto's pissed about Quicksilver, yet (and I know this doesn't actually mean anything) Quicksilver is on the cover of #3.
3-How could Kurt die? You'd think he could teleport. Plus if Beast is physically stronger than Angel, how is Angel okay and Beast not?
4-Dazzler's probably dead, despite it not being that clear.
5-I'm not an expert on the Ultimates, but I thought Ultimate Thor's hammer looked different from the hammer Magneto has.

Could be wrong but in Ultimates 3 #5 when you see Mags mourning over Quicksilver the last panel shows a tear running down Quicksilver's face. So, he could still be alive just in a coma like Elecktra, Hammerhead, and Moon Knight was.

It's either that or Mags gets off on his dead children:?

A few notes:

1-Thing's dialogue seemed really odd.
2-Magneto's pissed about Quicksilver, yet (and I know this doesn't actually mean anything) Quicksilver is on the cover of #3.
3-How could Kurt die? You'd think he could teleport. Plus if Beast is physically stronger than Angel, how is Angel okay and Beast not?
4-Dazzler's probably dead, despite it not being that clear.
5-I'm not an expert on the Ultimates, but I thought Ultimate Thor's hammer looked different from the hammer Magneto has.

1-Yes.
2-And Beast and Kurt on the cover of #5. No, it does not make sense.
3-How did Angel swim with wings? No, it does not make sense.
4-Dazzler is most likely dead. But then, she might turn out to be Black Panther.
5-In Ultimates 3, the artist decided to change Thor's hammer. I don't know why. Probably because he wasn't an expert on the Ultimates.

Stupid comic. :x

Could be wrong but in Ultimates 3 #5 when you see Mags mourning over Quicksilver the last panel shows a tear running down Quicksilver's face. So, he could still be alive just in a coma like Elecktra, Hammerhead, and Moon Knight was.

It's either that or Mags gets off on his dead children:?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just read the 4th Letter take.

"If Rogue touched Peter, than would she like men?"

"She already does."

"Darkseid Justifies My Hate!"

5-In Ultimates 3, the artist decided to change Thor's hammer. I don't know why. Probably because he wasn't an expert on the Ultimates.
That doesn't explain how the robot-Thor got a hammer (Mjolnir) with the right design. No, I think that there is more to the Thor that was seen in Ultimates 3 than we know (please be an imposter or something, please be an imposter or something, please be an imposter or something...).

It was revealed that Thor has a whole armory of weapons. Seen was his current hammer and Ultimate hammer. Plus some other stuff.

Latest posts

Back