Ultimatum series discussion [spoilers]

With Loeb blowing up the sales numbers we can look forward to him directing the UU for a good long time.

Woo Hoo!!

He must be doing something right.

His Hulk book was high on the chart as well.

Maybe people just buy to complain about it?

One can only hope #2 bombs

yeah but...do you really expect that to happen? I know I don't.

His Hulk book was high on the chart as well.

Maybe people just buy to complain about it?

Well, that wouldn't be very smucking fart now would it? All that does is inflate the sales numbers and give publishers the idea that this guy is popular.

Two new posters.

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/6440319439_full9620589.jpg

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...content/st/6440new_storyimage9964547_full.jpg

And if anyone still has doubts about Nightcrawler's, Beast's and Dazzler's death...

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.6433.Ultimatum_%232%97Who%7Eapos%7Es_Next%3F

Comicscontinuum.com has this image but the larger image link won't work (at least for me) you'll have to scroll down to see it.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0812/23/index.htm

I love the tagline "The Ultimate Universe will never be the same again." It should be:

"The Ultimate Universe will never be the same. Again"

:lol:

Also... Wolverine's skeleton is adamantium... not his muscles. His pecs shouldn't glisten.

But then... when it comes to Ultimatum, I'm kinda looking for stuff to complain about at the moment.

Last edited:

Also... Wolverine's skeleton is adamantium... not his muscles. His pecs shouldn't glisten.

But then... when it comes to Ultimatum, I'm kinda looking for stuff to complain about at the moment.

I want it to come out so I can read the 4th Letter version.

"Damn you Hancock!"

Dude, Body oil. It rubs the lotion on it's skin.

So, Beast was brought back just to die again? Pssh...

This.
I'm also insulted that Nightcrawler, who can teleport, was killed, when Angel, who has WINGS THAT WOULD WEIGH HIM DOWN FLIES OUT OF THE ****ING WATER.

I love Civil War as an event, because, although it got so much wrong, it isn't have to kill anyone to attempt larger repercussions on the universe. It tried to alter how a universe worked, not just its cast.

Last edited:
Well got the new issue. I felt it was a little better than the last issue. To recap:

Hulk helps Spider-Man.

Power Princess is back and helping Doom to find Reed Richards and then find Nick Fury.

Valakyrie is Dead Thor is pissed goes to Hela Mistress of The Dead, wants her back has to fight for her. Cap shows up (assuming he's Dead) to help.

Yellowjacket and Hawkeye try to find the Wasp. Hawkeye finds The Blob eating her.

Magneto snaps Professor X's neck.

Last edited:
Well got the new issue. I felt it was a little better than the last issue. To recap:

Hulk helps Spider-Man.

Power Princess is back and helping Doom to find Reed Richards and then find Nick Fury.

Valakyrie is Dead Thor is pissed goes to Hela Mistress of The Dead, wants her back has to fight for her. Cap shows up (assuming he's Dead) to help.

Yellowjacket and Hawkeye try to find the Wasp. Hawkeye finds The Blob eating her.

Magneto snaps Professor X's neck.

Ugh. Sounds awful.

I'll be in the minority, at least on this issue... And probably for the rest of the mini-series.

I liked it. Dialogue was stronger and the plot thickens, as opposed to last issue where things were played out just like we were told they would in the solicitations.

What I'm guessing is that Thor and Hela will make a compromise to decide the fate of the Ultimate Universe. Things will change... And the rest is history.

The art is great, Finch was definitely the right guy for the job... Everything was very cinematic... Even when Hawkeye climbs Yellowjacket.

Anyway, I like the development and I hope you guys will at least give this more of a chance. This was not as awful as you guys are making it out to be.

Goodwill

I completely agree. I enjoyed the issue and ill go one step favour and i will say, i am enjoying this series.

Last edited:
So, Blob is eating Wasp- as in the process, or about to?

I don't know...I really hold Millar's Ultimates as a high water mark, as as entertaining as this may be (I've yet to read it), I can't help but feel like this just misses the bar when it comes to Ultimate comics.

As I said before...so much death. Change is not compelling when there's no one around to experience it.

Ah, good, I'm not the only one. This is not Ultimates 1-2, but it's not Ultimates 3 either. I'd actually put it in the "mediocre" category, even though some lines are off, the majority of the deaths serve little purpose, Reed being an idiot, and the story's just characters coming across one random development in a little three-page scene and then shifting off to another character for their own three-page scene and so on. It's not great, but it's nothing to pour bleach onto your eyes or whatever.

Also, it really sucks to be Wasp in any universe now.

So, Blob is eating Wasp- as in the process, or about to?
In process, rather graphic (for UU).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back