Avengers Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender (spoilers!)

Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassaday (spoilers!)

ydamyzys.jpg

Re: Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassaday (spoilers!)

I don't see the point in following a comic book series if the creative team can't be bothered to stay on. If its too pointless an endeavor for them to make, why should I waste my time and money reading it?

This kind of reminds me of when people like Bendis make snarky comments about how it is unprofessional for people to turn in work late.

I've always thought, "who cares?" If they are turning in quality work, who are you to criticize them for not doing it on the same terms you do? When Bendis writes 15 books a month and 14 of them suck, who cares if they are "on time"? What is "on time anyway? Why do you get to decide what their schedule is or should be?

If I like Uncanny Avengers, I don't care if it comes out every 6 weeks instead of 4 because it is the tendency of the artist to take longer than a month to draw an issue. The timeliness of the release schedule has nothing to do with how good the book is.

Would I like it to come out once a month? Sure. If it's a book I like, I want it to come out every week!

This kind of reminds me of when people like Bendis make snarky comments about how it is unprofessional for people to turn in work late.

I've always thought, "who cares?" If they are turning in quality work, who are you to criticize them for not doing it on the same terms you do? When Bendis writes 15 books a month and 14 of them suck, who cares if they are "on time"? What is "on time anyway? Why do you get to decide what their schedule is or should be?

If I like Uncanny Avengers, I don't care if it comes out every 6 weeks instead of 4 because it is the tendency of the artist to take longer than a month to draw an issue. The timeliness of the release schedule has nothing to do with how good the book is.

Would I like it to come out once a month? Sure. If it's a book I like, I want it to come out every week!

People complaining about marvel doubleshipping confused me for that exact reason. If I like a book I want to read it more than once a month. I think that some of DCs better series in the last few years could have benifitted from it because they took way too long to resolve.

Last edited:

People complaining about marvel doubleshipping confused me for that exact reason. If I like a book I want to read it more than once a month. I think that some of DCs better series in the last few years could have benifitted from it because they took way too long to resolve.
A friend of mine and the LCS owner here don't like it because it means spending more money for them. I, on the other hand, like the double-shipping.

A friend of mine and the LCS owner here don't like it because it means spending more money for them. I, on the other hand, like the double-shipping.

Increased costs for a business is a legitimate reason, especially on a non-returnable product like this. I don't like buying two issues of The Avengers isn't.

But...if people are buying the book, how is this a bad thing? If people aren't buying the book, the LCS is ordering too much anyway.

But...if people are buying the book, how is this a bad thing? If people aren't buying the book, the LCS is ordering too much anyway.

Because with the terrible, terrible order system comics have they might have to order six issues before we find out the first one is bad leaving the sure stuck with more product that won't move than if it single shipped. It's a legitimate concern, especially for a product with think margins like comics.

Because with the terrible, terrible order system comics have they might have to order six issues before we find out the first one is bad leaving the sure stuck with more product that won't move than if it single shipped. It's a legitimate concern, especially for a product with think margins like comics.

You're right, it absolutely is. I hadn't thought of that.

However, don't they tend to only do that kind of thing with "sure things"? There's pretty minimal risk in preordering a Jonathan Hickman Avengers book.

Also, Ice said the reason the LCS owner gave was that he didn't want to spend the money. Assuming he literally said and meant that...it makes no sense and is not quite the same as the very legitimate complaint you mentioned.

So I think this is my favorite Avengers book. When the NOW relaunch started I wasn't too enthused with it and was really looking forward to Hickman's huge Avengers opus. Now we've gotten half the issues from this as we have from Hickman but its been so much more fun. With Hickman it all feels like he's laying foundation but Remender has pretty much just jumped in with both feet to let the crazy of the Marvel universe out on a big scale.

I just wish it'd ship regularly, but since that's so uncommon for comics anymore I can deal with it.

So I think this is my favorite Avengers book. When the NOW relaunch started I wasn't too enthused with it and was really looking forward to Hickman's huge Avengers opus. Now we've gotten half the issues from this as we have from Hickman but its been so much more fun. With Hickman it all feels like he's laying foundation but Remender has pretty much just jumped in with both feet to let the crazy of the Marvel universe out on a big scale.

I just wish it'd ship regularly, but since that's so uncommon for comics anymore I can deal with it.
This book and New Avengers are the best two Avengers books. This should be coming out regularly now since Coipel is doing #5 and Acuna takes over as regular penciler with #6.

I'm thinking the end of the issue will also play out into the huge 50th Anniversary for X-Men Marvel is planning for September.

Last edited:

I don't think this is as good as Avengers but they are different kinds of books. This is just up and down crazy, and in a good way.

I like Acuna a lot but I wish Cassaday could stay.

I don't think this is as good as Avengers but they are different kinds of books. This is just up and down crazy, and in a good way.

I like Acuna a lot but I wish Cassaday could stay.

I prefer Cassaday too but if its a choice between issues shipping regularly or sporadically I'll choose regularly.

And I love the crazy. Superhero comics need more crazy, they've been too focused on realism for too long.

Can someone explain the epilogue of issue 4? I've never read Days of Future Past so I don't really get what is going on or how a Red Skull Onslaught fits in to the mix.

Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassaday (spoilers!)

Wow, so I just read all four issues that are out so far. This is good stuff.

Red Skull doesn't care about killing Mutants, he wants to rule the world and he's using Hitler's strategy of unifying the people around their hatred of a scapegoat. Except instead of just using propaganda and brain washing, he's using actual mind control. Pretty awesome concept.

Can someone explain the epilogue of issue 4? I've never read Days of Future Past so I don't really get what is going on or how a Red Skull Onslaught fits in to the mix.

Onslaught didn't have anything to do with Days of Future Past. He was an entity created by the dark part of Xavier's Psyche being released and combining with Magneto's psyche. So I'm guessing this Onslaught is the same thing except with Red Skull instead of Magneto.

However, clearly there is some Days of Future Past stuff going on. They are being chased by Nimrods. That image from earlier in the issue of Havok & Scarlet Witch in front of the poster of the other mutants was an unmistakable homage to Uncanny X-Men #141 (the first appearance of the Days of Future Past timeline). Also, Ahab was mentioned. He is in charge of the Mutant hunting "hounds" (of which Rachel Grey was one) in the DoFP timeline. Interestingly, he was also a horseman of Apocalypse at one point.

I'm also left wondering what Immortus had to do with it, or what "the seven became one" means, or what "the apocalypse twins locked this era as prime," or why Stark invented nimrod.

My guess is that the Red Skull manipulated the timelines to create a new reality where seven dark timelines have been combined into one (Days of Future Past, AoA, Bishop's, Onslaught, and 3 others) and Red Skull is an amalgamation of the rulers of all those timelines and rules the world.

Last edited:

Yeah, I've read this since the start and I love it so far! I want to see what happen next.

The last page of #4 was pretty great. I hope this grows into an Uncanny X-Force-style epic.

From what Remender has been teasing/talking about over the next few arcs, the first four stories are going to be definitely connected, with the first three leading up to whatever he's planning with Red Skull/Onslaught in the fourth arc (during 'year two', as Remender put it). This is going to be great!!

Onslaught didn't have anything to do with Days of Future Past. He was an entity created by the dark part of Xavier's Psyche being released and combining with Magneto's psyche. So I'm guessing this Onslaught is the same thing except with Red Skull instead of Magneto.

However, clearly there is some Days of Future Past stuff going on. They are being chased by Nimrods. That image from earlier in the issue of Havok & Scarlet Witch in front of the poster of the other mutants was an unmistakable homage to Uncanny X-Men #141 (the first appearance of the Days of Future Past timeline). Also, Ahab was mentioned. He is in charge of the Mutant hunting "hounds" (of which Rachel Grey was one) in the DoFP timeline. Interestingly, he was also a horseman of Apocalypse at one point.

I'm also left wondering what Immortus had to do with it, or what "the seven became one" means, or what "the apocalypse twins locked this era as prime," or why Stark invented nimrod.

My guess is that the Red Skull manipulated the timelines to create a new reality where seven dark timelines have been combined into one (Days of Future Past, AoA, Bishop's, Onslaught, and 3 others) and Red Skull is an amalgamation of the rulers of all those timelines and rules the world.

That's what I wasn't sure about. I know enough about Onslaught to have a sense of what's what but I don't recall reading Days of Future Past; if I did I don't remember it.

I wonder if this is a matter of Red Skull changing the futures and timelines completely and turning himself into a major X-Men villain.

I would also like to see something as far-ranging as Uncanny X-Force was but I'd like something more meaningful and lasting. I thought Uncanny kind of sputtered out toward the end in that regard.

Latest posts

Back