V for Vendetta movie discussion

E said:
I sort of feel bad for it because I liked the comic and I love Alan Moore's work, and I know he wanted nothing to do with it because they changed it. But it was so well done. I just love it.

Ditto.

I got them to watch it tonight at work....and once again, they don't get it.

I guess given the premise, it's hard for a bunch of old fogeys in the military to enjoy a film that inspires such revolt upon the govt. Or at least that's how they put it.

Again....I am the comic guy in the office and odd man out. This happens everytime I play anything with a comic background. Which is such bull**** too. I played Constantine, Road to Perdition, A History of Violence, and now V......they all thought the movies were awesome......until I mention that it was based on a comic and they all just tear down the movie, the premise, the idea. :roll:

But they think "Sahara" with Matthew McConaughey is awesome. :x

But V is still awesome.

Victor Von Doom said:
I got them to watch it tonight at work....and once again, they don't get it.

I guess given the premise, it's hard for a bunch of old fogeys in the military to enjoy a film that inspires such revolt upon the govt. Or at least that's how they put it.

Again....I am the comic guy in the office and odd man out. This happens everytime I play anything with a comic background. Which is such bull**** too. I played Constantine, Road to Perdition, A History of Violence, and now V......they all thought the movies were awesome......until I mention that it was based on a comic and they all just tear down the movie, the premise, he idea. :roll:

But they think "Sahara" with Matthew McConaughey is awesome. :x

But V is still awesome.
I had no idea Road to Perdition and A History of Violence were based on comics. What titles were they based on?

I'm not suprised they had that reaction. The ones that really get me are the people who act like since they saw the movie they're experts on the comic or think it's stupid that the comic isn't more like the movie.

I went and bought the special edition and watched it twice tonight. I can honestly say that it is by far my favourate movie ever.

I think I'll check them out.

I feel kind of bad talking about the movie V because I haven't even read the graphic novel.

Last edited:
MaxwellSmart said:
I think I'll check them out.

I feel kind of bad talking about the movie V because I haven't even read the graphic novel.

You should definitely check it out man. It's a freakin' classic.

The only downside to reading the book is that you'll be able to see the blatant differences between the 2. But seeing as how you've seen the film first--you won't have an aversion to either one.

A lot of people who've read the book and then saw the film, didn't care for the film too much. But those are the die-hard purists. Others like E who've read the books and still love the film seem to understand that some things needed to be changed for film's sake and the flm still carries the same message and relevance.

Victor Von Doom said:
A lot of people who've read the book and then saw the film, didn't care for the film too much. But those are the die-hard purists. Others like E who've read the books and still love the film seem to understand that some things needed to be changed for film's sake and the flm still carries the same message and relevance.

Exactly. On the other hand, I totally understand Moore getting pissed that they altered his work. But it's like you said - somethings just don't translate from comics to movies. Spider-Man wearing an alien symboite suit is another.

Victor Von Doom said:

And other others like Bass read the book, REFUSED to see the film, claimed V's big V-speech is giberish(which it truly isn't), and bashed the hell out of the Wachowski brothers for making the thing.:roll:

Planet-man said:
And other others like Bass read the book, REFUSED to see the film, claimed V's big V-speech is giberish(which it truly isn't), and bashed the hell out of the Wachowski brothers for making the thing.:roll:

You forgot about me, who never saw the movie, refuse to read the book, and still bash the Walachowskitrix brothers because I'm elite, *****.

Saw it last night. Loved it. When I finished watching the movie, I felt like I could press play and watch it all over again. That's how much I liked it. Now I really have to read the graphic novel.

Signature will be updated in a minute or so....

Last edited:
ultimatedjf said:
Saw it last night. Loved it. When I finished watching the movie, I felt like I could press play and watch it all over again. That's how much I liked it. Now I really have to read the graphic novel.

Signature will be updated in a minute or so....

I watched it three times. I was supposed to return it yesterday which reminds me...

If you guys like the movie so much, well guess what. The graphic novel's even better.

ProjectX2 said:
If you guys like the movie so much, well guess what. The graphic novel's even better.
Yeah, I'm only get three comics on Wednesday and I'm working tonight, so I'll have some money. I think I'm going to go out and buy it on Wednesday. Unless I find a great deal online.

ProjectX2 said:

Wow. I've never had anyone inform me of this in the form of speech or the written word ever! Thanks for the tidbit, Proj!

ProjectX2 said:
A hundred times better.

ultimatedjf said:
Wow. I've never had anyone inform me of this in the form of speech or the written word ever! Thanks for the tidbit, Proj!

You're welcome. It makes me feel unhappy that you might not have checked out the graphic novel because no one had told you it was better.

ProjectX2 said:
You're welcome. It makes me feel unhappy that you might not have checked out the graphic novel because no one had told you it was better.

Agreed. About a month before the movie came out I read the graphic novel just so I could see how faithful the film would be.

Dr.Strangefate said:
You read it here, folks.

Reading is for homos; Real men don't need fancy words or the grammars when they have Pictures and Women (and Pictures of Women)

tmyk.jpg

Still one of the greatest things ever posted on this site!!!! :lol:

thee great one said:
V For Vendetta Film vs Comic

This is a great comparison of what makes the two different. I highly suggest reading this.

Thought that now that movie is out on DVD and people are seeing it for the first time and wonder about how it compares to the book.

I'll pull up this old quote for those who can't be bothered by reading all the pages.

Clink the link in the quote.....

Latest posts

Back