V for Vendetta movie discussion

thee great one said:
I don't think that little girl died. I think that was what could happen when Finch was saying what might happen.

If you say she didn't really die than you are missing the entire point about her death in the first place.

:mrgreen:

See I didn't catch all the dead people. So that's how I took it.

But the second time I noticed Valerie (not ruth) there.

So I suppose you're right.

It seemed that way to me with her at the end.

Last edited:
Val and Ruth were there... And the little girl... couldn't catch Evey's parents, though... but I'm sure I saw a couple...

Anyway, I HATED the "I love you" part too. I HATE how Hollywood has to romanticise every god damned relationship. Why can't they bloody accept that ppl have OTHER kinds of r/s as well. Morons.

I must say that I interrupted the movie for abt 2 seconds when I burst out (quite loudly) at the final fight scene where V got all lovely with his blades... It wasn't the fight scene that got me, it was the way the blood behaved in that scene.

The movie seemed like it could be a whole hr longer. I've never read the comics but some parts felt WAY incomplete... and too spoon-fed.

One of the best scenes had to be V with Dr. Surridge. Everything abt that scene was perfect.

Hugo Weaving was, surprisingly, a GREAT choice to play V. He was astounding, I must say. I enjoyed every moment he was on screen. It could be because V is such a great character too. But Weaving was so awesome that I could feel by just watching his voice and his actions, etc... great stuff from him.

Last edited:
man i hated this movie. and everyone leaving expressed the same feeling.
i never read the comic btw

i dunno. maybe cos i didnt read the source material like a lot of peepl have. i just found it boring. my nearest comic book shop the owners didnt like it either. i mean, they couldnt say enough about how great the source material was.
every board i come across however it is a different story, probly gonna try to read the source material and then rewatch it when it comes out for rental or something

Last edited:
I'm going to this tonight. I'm not going to come back and say "the book was better than the movie and <insert cliched phrase here>", as I'm considering them as two different stories.

Therefore, they can both share my love equally, and if they don't, then one's a dirty slut.

Of course, the movie has to be good for the above to apply.

JonnyFreeze said:
i dunno. maybe cos i didnt read the source material like a lot of peepl have. i just found it boring. my nearest comic book shop the owners didnt like it either. i mean, they couldnt say enough about how great the source material was.
every board i come across however it is a different story, probly gonna try to read the source material and then rewatch it when it comes out for rental or something

Out of all my friends, only one of them has read the Graphic Novel, yet all of them loved the movie.

In fact, I think you're the first person I've talked to who thinks the movie isn't even "okay".

JonnyFreeze said:
I noticed that you said it was boring. It seems like a lot of people were misguided by the trailers and thought that "V" was going to be an all-out action movie, which is why I think some people were disappointed. The comic actually has barely any "action" at all (in terms of fight sequences, and that kind of thing). They had to add it all to the movie. However, the lack of action shouldn't be a problem because the book is so damn good that cartoony action sequences would probably ruin it.

ProjectX2 said:
I'm not going to come back and say "the book was better than the movie and <insert cliched phrase here>", as I'm considering them as two different stories.
That's a good way to look at it. They definitely aren't the same story.

ProjectX2 said:
I'm going to this tonight. I'm not going to come back and say "the book was better than the movie and <insert cliched phrase here>", as I'm considering them as two different stories.

Therefore, they can both share my love equally, and if they don't, then one's a dirty slut.

Of course, the movie has to be good for the above to apply.

That's the best way to do it.

I just saw it. Beware, I am giving you a warning to my awesome review, that is so awesome, it will blow your brains out if you can't comprehend it.

Another warning. Below contains an awesome review of V For Vendetta, the movie.

That space was for Houde.

And now, the review: AWESOME.

Seriously, the start seemed a bit dull, but as it got underway, it actually felt like V For Vendetta. I liked it.

i didnt watch the trailer either. i knew nothing about the film or the book so maybe that didnt help. like i said im going to rewatch it some day.
everyone i know loves dodgeball too but i hated it

JonnyFreeze said:
man i hated this movie. and everyone leaving expressed the same feeling.

I can believe the first, I strongly doubt the second.

At worst, it has a 75% approval rating. That's Rotten Tomatoes rating, and movie critics are a notoriously tougher crowd than average Joes for that kind of movie (And notoriously more positive for a Lars Von Trier movie!). So the odds of 'everyone hating it' in a random sample group as small as 8 are at best 0,0015%.

Just sayin'.

;)

Last edited:
JonnyFreeze said:
i didnt watch the trailer either. i knew nothing about the film or the book so maybe that didnt help. like i said im going to rewatch it some day.
everyone i know loves dodgeball too but i hated it

I didn't find Dodgeball that funny.

E.Vi.L. said:
I can believe the first, I strongly doubt the second.

At worst, it has a 75% approval rating. That's Rotten Tomatoes rating, and movie critics are a notoriously tougher crowd than average Joes for that kind of movie (And notoriously more positive for a Lars Von Trier movie!). So the odds of 'everyone hating it' in a random sample group as small as 8 are at best 0,0015%.

Just sayin'.

;)

oh did i mention we had an attendance of 2? yeah me and my friend hated it lol

u get my drift. a whole bunch of peepl hated it, the peepl who left the cinema same time as me (which was the majority of the room). maybe when we left the peepl still seated were like "hey guys, good film".

the only bit i liked in dodgeball was "if u can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball" `sides that nothing else in that movie was good.

Oh come on. Ben Stiller was a hoot. Didn't you find his team funny?

"Blade. Laser. Blazer."

:lol:

Latest posts

Back