V for Vendetta movie discussion

Yep.

That's what was funny. Him and Hank Azaria/Rip Torn's pro-dodgeball player character.

There's nothing else really to the movie.

Originally Posted by ProjectX2
I'm going to this tonight. I'm not going to come back and say "the book was better than the movie and <insert cliched phrase here>", as I'm considering them as two different stories.

Therefore, they can both share my love equally, and if they don't, then one's a dirty slut.

Of course, the movie has to be good for the above to apply.

Glad to see someone's taking the right approach. There are WAY to many people on this board who slammed the movie for not being the comic.

Some of which before they even saw it. *cough*Bass*cough*cough*

I'm pretty confident that I can accurately judge the result of me hitting the floor after jumping off the White Cliffs of Dover, without actually having to do it.

:p

'Sides - I'm generally accurate in knowing what I will and won't like before having to watch/read it.

Planet-man said:
Glad to see someone's taking the right approach. There are WAY to many people on this board who slammed the movie for not being the comic.
I didn't think many people were slamming it for not being the comic. People mentioned that the comic was better, but that the movie was good. Not slamming it in my opinion.

Having seen the movie without reading the comic - hey! not a bad movie, and for once I don't have to say "for a comic book movie". Politically heavy-handed and an incredibly optimistic ending, though sending out the masks and capes was a stroke of revolution-marketing-genius.

My take on V's initial speech is that he is trying to be a larger-than-life figure, purposely phrasing his speeches that way and making sweeping grand gestures. The character is an allegory, much like the politics and some of the characterizations in the movie - not meant to be literally taken at face value. With that in mind, it was pretty good.

Awesome movie, totally awesome, I don't care iwth it's not the same story, and Im sure that if they didn't make the changes in the story for the movie, it would suck, Alan Moore's V is very good to, but as a comic, it wouldnt be that good as a Movie, the Watchowski really did a fine work.

So, the DVD's coming out 1st of August? I'm pretty sure a book shop here is getting it in next month... :?

ProjectX2 said:
So, the DVD's coming out 1st of August? I'm pretty sure a book shop here is getting it in next month... :?

So your local bookshop isn't reliable with release date. What else is new? They are at the end of the chain. Beyond the mistake they will make themselve, they'll transmit to the customers the mistakes made by everyone else above them in the chain.

This came out on DVD here in the US today (technically yesterday, I guess).

I just finished watching it...what a great movie. I think the only movie I love more than V for Vendetta is Pulp Fiction.

I sort of feel bad for it because I liked the comic and I love Alan Moore's work, and I know he wanted nothing to do with it because they changed it. But it was so well done. I just love it.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie that was able to get me as emotionally attached as V for Vendetta. Beautiful work.

My dad picked it up first thing today at HMV, because they were doing a promotion where you got a free copy of Constantine(which I haven't seen, but want to) with it.

I can't wait to see it again. Best movie of the year(and one of the best ever), easily.

One of my favourite things about the film is that it finally gave the 1812 Overture something powerful enough to do an accompaniment justice.

Last edited:
They had it at Circuit City for $14 so I picked it up. I'm going to watch it after The Colbert Report.

I just got it on dvd.

I watched it.

It's a great movie. I didn't see it in cinema as i thought it would suck but now I take it back. This movie is awsome

Latest posts

Back