V for Vendetta movie discussion

Hn. I don't like the way some of the party members look. And V doesn't seem whimsical enough. It doesn't look as bad as I thought it was going to, though. I'm still psyched.

From SHH!:

MPAA's Classification and Rating Administration has given Warner Bros. Pictures' V For Vendetta an R rating for strong violence and some language.

Set against the futuristic landscape of totalitarian Britain, the film tells the story of a mild-mannered young woman named Evey (Natalie Portman) who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a masked vigilante (Hugo Weaving) known only as "V." Incomparably charismatic and ferociously skilled in the art of combat and deception, V ignites a revolution when he detonates two London landmarks and takes over the government-controlled airwaves, urging his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression.

As Evey uncovers the truth about V's mysterious background, she also discovers the truth about herself -- and emerges as his unlikely ally in the culmination of his plot to bring freedom and justice back to a society fraught with cruelty and corruption.

The film, opening March 17, is based on the acclaimed graphic novel "V For Vendetta" by Alan Moore ("The Watchmen," "From Hell") and illustrator David Lloyd.

Re: From SHH!:

I am hoping against hope that this movie is actually good, but I already hate the trailer so much.

icemastertron said:
I think it looks great. Than again, I never read anything on it.
I'm alright with some parts of the trailer, but I'm mostly annoyed that it has a kind of annoyingly slick and hyperpolished feel that reminds me of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and The Matrix in a very very bad way.

V FOR VENDETTA co-creator and illustrator David Lloyd

this was on Ain't it cool News, its an Interview with David Lloyd.

the niffty little link
little sample from David and Quint said:
QUINT: I was curious as to how much input you had on the movie, throughout all the stages of development. Did they come to you at all?

DAVID LLOYD: No... The only input I had was they sent me the script before they started production. I got a call from Grant Hill and then Larry and Andy (Wachowski) and they sort of said, "We want to send it to you." I said to them, "Are you open to suggestions?" and they said, "Yeah." (laughs)
So, when I got it, I sort of made some comments about it, but generally speaking my attitude towards it was incredibly positive. I'm glad that they ended up doing it because I knew they were longtime fans of it. I think the first time I saw that it was liable to happen was I saw the sort of first poster thing that was on the internet, which was that first one that they did with the mask and the V sign. They'd obviously kind of reproduced the graphic novel cover on that and that really made me feel optimistic about their whole involvement because you could see from that they were determined to keep it close to the original.
They used the original graphic novel as storyboards, practically. That's what James (McTeigue, director) and Joel (Silver, producer) have been saying. Owen Paterson, the designer, was concerned about getting things looking exactly like the original. So it's all turned out really well and although there were changes that were made to it, a lot of those changes they had to make because they had to abbreviate what was being said, but the central core of it all, as you obviously know having seen it, is exactly... all the key instants, the way things happen and the philosophy behind it, the messages behind it... it's all there. I mean, it's all done in a different way, with broader strokes, broader brush strokes because of its shortness... I mean, the original was massive. You couldn't have done that unless you'd done it as a sort of TV show, really, because there's so much material.

Last edited:
WEll, I just saw it. Guess what?

It doesn't suck. Pretty good actualy. The bit at the end with the masks was a bit overdone, but otherwise it was the spirit of the comic, witha few changes to fit film.

My dad wants to go to this. I hope my trade arrives tomorrow.

Hey, my dad wants to go see it, too!

Me? I'd just wait for the DVD.

Despite the fact that it DESERVES to be seen on the big screen, my level of interest in it is not enough to make me want to spend 6 to 9 dollars on a ticket.

If my dad wants to take me, however..... :D

Ew.

Latest posts

Back