Venture Bros. Season Four

I can really see Hank and Dermit signing up for OSI in some manner by the end of the season.

Can you imagine those two in basic training?

That would be beautiful.

The truth behind the orb was very anti-climactic

BUT

Phantom Limb and his "team", plus the two-headed guy were freaking hysterical

I thought it was kind of clever. Rusty didn't hide away the ORB out of altruism like implied. He didn't use it because it was broken and useless.

I'm pretty sure Rusty didn't know one way or another, but simply didn't use it because it was a ways over his head.

Dude, did you see his look of utter disinterest when Limb was trying to activate the ORB? If he hadn't known, I'd imagine he would have at least shown a little fear. Even Bowie was scared!'

Edit: Also, was Dana Snyder voicing the Buddy Holly Council dude?

Last edited:
The truth behind the orb was very anti-climactic
Same, while it was funny I really like the idea that the body guard were assigned to kill anyone attempting to access the Orb. It was a really cool idea and the mystery of the orb could have been really epic
I'm pretty sure Rusty didn't know one way or another, but simply didn't use it because it was a ways over his head.
Dude, did you see his look of utter disinterest when Limb was trying to activate the ORB? If he hadn't known, I'd imagine he would have at least shown a little fear. Even Bowie was scared!'

I think he just didn't care. He just wanted everyone to leave. As pointed out earlier his childhood he's dealt with crazy **** like this before. He's just so use to the craziness he has no interest. In fact I can't recall a specific time when he showed any fear or concern when some crazy science thing is involved, more inconvenienced than anything else.

That episode was incredible. My jaw dropped when Bowie revealed the true Sovereign.

Quick question from someone fairly new to the show. What happened to Phantom Limb? He obviously had a falling-out with the Guild, but why does he have legs and a mechanical arm now?

I think he just didn't care. He just wanted everyone to leave. As pointed out earlier his childhood he's dealt with crazy **** like this before. He's just so use to the craziness he has no interest. In fact I can't recall a specific time when he showed any fear or concern when some crazy science thing is involved, more inconvenienced than anything else.

Eh... I disagree. If the assertion is that he hid away the ORB because he knew it was too much for him to handle, then he would certainly be fearful of the repercussions of it being used.

The secret history of rock 'n roll element alone made this episode a classic. I want to know what really happened to Ritchie Valens! It also makes me curious to see who the rest of the Council are. :D I'm eager to see what role, if any, Hendrix/Joplin/Morrison play or have played in the history of the Guild.

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, I'm loving Hatred's slipping into "his dark place".
Really? The joke's wearing a little thin for me. I laughed at the last episode, but when I saw the preview for the next one I rolled my eyes a bit. How much of this season has been pedophile humor? Every frickin' episode with Hatred and a whole episode about Captain Sunshine. At some point boy touching stops being funny. Not because it's inappropriate, but because you've run it into the ground.

This season has been good, but the last few have been so in spite of Hatred, not because of him.

J
Jackson Publick has said that Captain Sunshine isn't actually a pedophile.

...seriously? Then what the hell is he? I guess as long as he's going for post pubecents he dodges the technical deffinition and we just move into creepy and wrong territory...

I've got to throw in with the Dr. Venture didn't know it was broken camp. If he did it invalidates a lot of character growth. I think he just knew everything would work out. Again. Its not his first doomsday senario after all.

Latest posts

Back