Watchmen film discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Watchmen?

• Total voters
If you're going to get another version of the movie on Blu-Ray eventually anyway, then I guess that's fair, but the way you put it makes it seems insane. I mean....
Besides when it comes to collectors stuff like that Why not get the one you like most?
I was going to get Bluray release, However I loved Rorschach and never really liked Dr Manhattan so just because of the packaging I'm getting dvd version.

This is like saying that if I were offererd a free green Ford or a free red Ferarri I'd take the Ford simply because green's my favourite colour. Why not just buy a bust of Rorschach and let the actual film designate which copy of the film you buy?!

If you're going to get another version of the movie on Blu-Ray eventually anyway, then I guess that's fair, but the way you put it makes it seems insane. I mean....

This is like saying that if I were offererd a free green Ford or a free red Ferarri I'd take the Ford simply because green's my favourite colour. Why not just buy a bust of Rorschach and let the actual film designate which copy of the film you buy?!

that's a bad analogy.

But you can't be bothered to explain why?

One has the opportunity to choose between a regular product or a more high-performance one and picks the regular one because of a completely superficial detail which has nothing to do with the product.

i don't know. can you explain why it is a good analogy that your comparing a random ford vehicle (assumingly of my choosing) vs a random ferrari vehicle (also assumingly of my choosing)?

cuz I could easily match a Ford GT40 with a Ferrari Testarossa and **** it up on the drag strip.

This is like saying that if I were offererd a free green Ford or a free red Ferarri I'd take the Ford simply because green's my favourite colour.

No it's not because neither of those would be Special/collector's editions sold in one shop. They would be cars that you can you just respray your own colour. Now sure i could buy the Dr Manhattan version and use my gamesworkshop paints to paint him to look like Rorschach, Maybe even remove the hat on Mr potato head and glue it on. But it wouldn't be the same as painting a red car green.

Why not just buy a bust of Rorschach and let the actual film designate which copy of the film you buy?!

2 things.

1st You really don't get the concept of Exclusive: Special Packaging do you? Buying the bust separate would defeat the whole purpose.

2nd "let the actual film designate which copy of the film you buy?!"

Wait a second ..... Didn't you once do a long post plus a back and forth with E where you said Dvd's and Blurays there is pretty much not that big a difference? Now it seems like you are Pro-bluray.

Also the film is the same film in both versions. Only difference is quality. but the film is still the same, same actors , same music. So regardless of which version I bought i would still be watching Watchmen the film. So ...... How does that actually play into anything? It doesn't.

Bottom line = I chose dvd over bluray based on me waiting that case. I'm still going to watch the same movie as I would with other package just not as good quality which is really MY decision if I choose to sacrifice some quality for a package that's a) hard to come by as it's in one shop. and b) something i think looks cool.

i don't know. can you explain why it is a good analogy that your comparing a random ford vehicle (assumingly of my choosing) vs a random ferrari vehicle (also assumingly of my choosing)?

cuz I could easily match a Ford GT40 with a Ferrari Testarossa and **** it up on the drag strip.

You didn't know that I was just using Ferrari to quicky say "extremely fancy car"? Yes, you can nitpick any example of anything with obscure exceptions. In the context, what I meant was obvious.

You really don't get the concept of Exclusive: Special Packaging do you?

Apparently not as well as I thought.

Wait a second ..... Didn't you once do a long post plus a back and forth with E where you said Dvd's and Blurays there is pretty much not that big a difference? Now it seems like you are Pro-bluray.

Nope, I said there's not a big enough difference to justify people in my bracket paying over a thousand dollars to make the jump. If you already have a Blu-Ray player and High-Def television and everything, of course you should buy Blu-Rays.

Also the film is the same film in both versions. Only difference is quality. but the film is still the same, same actors , same music. So regardless of which version I bought i would still be watching Watchmen the film. So ...... How does that actually play into anything? It doesn't.

If that's your argument, why not watch it on YouTube?

Wait, don't tell me: Plastic Rorschach cut-out.

Bottom line = I chose dvd over bluray based on me waiting that case. I'm still going to watch the same movie as I would with other package just not as good quality which is really MY decision if I choose to sacrifice some quality for a package that's a) hard to come by as it's in one shop. and b) something i think looks cool.

I know it's your decision. Personally, I still think it's crazy and I totally back up DSF's eye-rolling.

Last edited:
cautioncircularargument.jpg

Last edited:
Chill Planet-Man you can't reason with mole, he's unreasonable.

Just calm down before you leave-the-site-forever for three months agan.

Last edited:
I'm getting it for sure, but I'm definitely going to wait until the most complete version avaliable is out, like with Under The Hood and Black Frieghter integrated in and hopefully an optional squid ending.

But even if no such version ever happened, I'd buy the movie.

Last edited:
:roll:

I just spent the last two pages of this thread laughing. Also: I doubt i'll pick this up until I see it in a $10 bin in another 2 years.

Latest posts

Back