Worldstorm Discussion (Spoilers)

Wow. I missed the boat on that one and hopelessly attempted to catch up before realizing that there was way too much to get. I'll probably buy the whole thing when I have some extra spending cash (Christmas probably).

It's nice - there are only 3 TPBs with the 4th and final one coming in January. Amazon should still have them at some pretty good discounts...

Yes, Seven Soldiers is amazing. Some of the minis are a bit dull, but they're great stories and I can't wait to see how they tie together.

I haven't picked up Gen13. Not really interested in it, and the great Bass said it was horrible.

The great Bass IS WRONG. Gen 13 was the best launch between the Worldstorm series, WildCats came right in second and then the rest.

Midnighter #1 ruled. He's being forced to kill Adolf Hitler.

Midnighter #1 was the ****. I was a little worried about how Garth Ennis, with his bizarre sodomy obsession, would handle an ***-kicking gay lead character, but he's done a bang-up job so far. This book's going to be the ****.

The great Bass IS WRONG. Gen 13 was the best launch between the Worldstorm series, WildCats came right in second and then the rest.
I asked this earlier in the thread (and was promply ignored). Maybe i'll have better luck, this time:

How does the Gen-13 relaunch compare with Runaways?

I mean, I always thought both titles had a lot in common, from the very start, both in terms of overall themes (superpowered teens with parents involved in secretive conspiracy agenda), and the superficial composition of the team (introspective lesbian, typical whiteboy, hipster girl, etc.), so I figured that any update of the series would probably have a lot in common with Vaughn's book.

Would somebody be so kind as to post a spoiler recap for Tranquility #1, for those of us who are still on the fence about buying it in single issues?

Also, does it reference any of the existing Wildstorm universe concepts [I.O., Daemonites, The Bleed, The Snowflake Multiverse (if that's even still considered Wildstorm canon) etc.], or is it pretty much self-contained within its own area of continuity?

The only Wildstorm series I'm reading are The Authority, Wildcats, Deathblow, and The Midnighter.

The Midnighter is awesome.

(I have been summoned! And I appear!)

I'm reading The Authority, WildCats, Stormwatch: PhD, Midnighter (against my better judgment - although the second issue was an improvement). I may read the new Dixon-penned Grifter/Midnighter mini.

I tried Gen 13 (two issues) and didn't care for it. Flipped through Wetworks and Deathblow at the store, but I didn't care for them before and didn't see anything to make me change my mind.

Tranquility isn't a WildStorm U title - it's just published on the WildStorm label and is self-contained. There is no tie-in with WorldStorm or the rest of the Wildstorm U. There are some good points about the title, but there are some things I really don't like. Having taken care of my elderly senile father for a few years, it's not a topic I find amusing, and there's as much mockery as affection in the title. It might just be something I'm too close to and can't appreciate. I keep TRYING to pick up and like Simone, but I keep failing.

Last edited:
Did anybody read Stormwatch: PHD? I'm really interested in that one but I have yet to go by the comic shop.

Did anybody read Stormwatch: PHD? I'm really interested in that one but I have yet to go by the comic shop.

I liked it the best of the WildStorm relaunches so far. I DO know my WildStorm history, and it's surprising to see a few of the characters ("uhmmm, aren't you dead?") but I don't really care how or why they were brought back.

It' similar to StormWatch: Team Achilles in tone, but a little less militaristic - a new StormWatch team is recruited, pretty much out of the ashes of the old ones, to keep track of the metas.

I was interested in it, but then I saw there were a few characters that had somehow came back from the dead, and it looks like it hasn't been explained.

That, and I also forgot about it and missed it...

I was interested in it, but then I saw there were a few characters that had somehow came back from the dead, and it looks like it hasn't been explained.

That, and I also forgot about it and missed it...

They will be in the issue that was just solicited. I can explain everyone but Fahrenheit pretty easily. She, on the other hand, had an Alien (Yes, that kind) burst out of her chest. Not something its easy to come back from.

They will be in the issue that was just solicited. I can explain everyone but Fahrenheit pretty easily. She, on the other hand, had an Alien (Yes, that kind) burst out of her chest. Not something its easy to come back from.
Ben punched a dinosaur.

No, seriously, doesn't the end of the Majestic series pretty much result in the "rewriting" of reality, so that the Wildstorm Universe pretty much begins again? That was my understanding of it. Hence all the dead characters returning.

See the Wikipedia entry for Worldstorm for more info about that.

Ben punched a dinosaur.

No, seriously, doesn't the end of the Majestic series pretty much result in the "rewriting" of reality, so that the Wildstorm Universe pretty much begins again? That was my understanding of it. Hence all the dead characters returning.

See the Wikipedia entry for Worldstorm for more info about that.

I don't know about Majestic, but the whole Captain Atom mini pretty much rebooted everything. I still like to find answers that work with what came before and everyone else is pretty easy to explain except Fahrenheit.

I don't know about Majestic, but the whole Captain Atom mini pretty much rebooted everything. I still like to find answers that work with what came before and everyone else is pretty easy to explain except Fahrenheit.
Oh, sorry, yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Sorry for the confusion!

Latest posts

Back