WWE [speculation, spoilers]

I, for one, don't miss MOPPY.

Many of the moves you guys want back can't be done any more due to the real damage they inflict on the wrestlers.

Cade & Murdock have a great gimmick! What are you talking about? Murdock acts just like his old man!!! I live in a part of NY that can be urban or rural in a matter of miles. I go to a bar in the sticks and all the guys there look like either Murdock or Cade. Yer either a wanna be cowboy (Cade) or a big fat redneck (Murdock). It's so funny.

I also like Shane/Gregory Helm's new direction. I'm hoping Rosie goes back to his old appearance as well.

I agree that they need to do something with the Tag Team division. The Flair/HHH fued is giving a new legitimacy to teh IC strap, so I think that Glenn & Paul can pull it off if the bookers work it right.

Batista update

Dave tore his latissiums dorsi, a muscle on the upper back that connects under each arm. One source described the muscle as being "rolled up."

This is courtesy of a double choke slam from Kane and Big Show at last night's Smackdown tapings.

Re: Batista update

leather_w0lf said:
Dave tore his latissiums dorsi, a muscle on the upper back that connects under each arm. One source described the muscle as being "rolled up."
Dave, as in Batista, yes?

I know he's been referred to as "Dave" once or twice on TV, but please don't assume that everybody is certain about wrestlers' real names on this board.

For the sake of clarity, could we stick to ring-names and popular nick-names on this thread? Thanks.

Anyway, it's disappointing, but hardly surprising, considering how much time he spent on the shelf because of (steroid-related?) muscle problems, following his inital debut alongside Evolution. He seems about as injury-prone as Orton.

Last edited:
leather_w0lf said:
I also like Shane/Gregory Helm's new direction. I'm hoping Rosie goes back to his old appearance as well.

I always liked the Hurricane gimmick, but when I heard about the Hurricane heel turn, I was hoping we could see him become a kind of Supervillain nemisis for Rosie......

WWE can't afford to lose Helms the way they've lost so many others. D'Lo Brown, Billy Gunn, and now Christian are the names that, in my opinion, stand out as the should have been top draws in WWE over the last 6 years or so. All three men had the in-ring ability to be a success, and while Gunn was hardly stellar on the mike he was immensley over with the fans. But WWE ****ed up with all 3. I can't imagine how WWE think they have something with Gene Snitsky, but thought it a good idea to have Christian job every week on WWE TV.
Helms can and should become a top star in WWE. He is good on the mic, and his in-ring work is phenomenal (watch last week's HEAT if you haven't seen it). Unfortunately, I don't think Rosey can carry himself, and he may not be around much longer with all the cuts WWE are known to make to their roster. I guess that sucks. But Helms should be allowed to showcase what he has to offer, and I guarantee that the fans will choose him as one of the leading faces in WWE's future. If WWE axes that like they did with Christian, then I have officialy lost all respect for the company.

I put his Ring name in the header, lol. Dave Batista is his name. I HATE referring to people by their surnames. Also, the man is 40 some odd years old - muscle tears come with the territory so I doubt this is steroid related.

I use their real names cos that's how I know a lot of these guys as. Same as us calling Black Widow "Natasha" and Captain America "Steve" to a certain extent.

BATISTA will be looked at today by a doctor in Alabama.

Yeah, Vince is out of control - his ego has gotten to his head. Try watching some of the WWE Unlimited skits and you will see they are there for Vince's enjoyment and no one else's. God they are horrible.

I'm totally p!ssed how bad they buried Christain and forced him to leave. Mebbe their logic is that he will go to TNA and get bigger and then will be a better draw when he comes back to the WWE? Who knows.

Billy Gunn was/is a horrible worker and has 4 moves.

Rosey has 2 moves, lol.

Oooooooooo, another Orton hater. Moves is one thing, being a good worker is another. Oh - he's neither, lol. He can work the mic, that's about it.

I really can't stand Chris Masters to be honest.

My favorite up and comer is Carlito right now. He's cool, lol.

leather_w0lf said:
Oooooooooo, another Orton hater. Moves is one thing, being a good worker is another. Oh - he's neither, lol. He can work the mic, that's about it.

I really can't stand Chris Masters to be honest.

My favorite up and comer is Carlito right now. He's cool, lol.

Orton has pure raw talent. He just doesn't have anyone to teach him how to use it. WWE pushed him too early. With hard work and timing he could tighten his stuff up a little more........and he could be the next Shawn Michaels.

With some more work....Carlito could be the next Owen Hart.

I don't really have a favorite. I guess if I had to pick one....it'd be JBL.....but that's only because I've been a fan of his even before his APA days.

Carlito has an advantage over Owen. Carlito can work the mic.

APA rocked! When JBL does his face turn he will probably go to a combination of the Suit and hard drinker. Too bad Orlando ain't as funny as Ron Simmons.

Oh, Orton does have potential, that's for sure. He's lego man, though. Keeps falling apart just when he starts building some momentum.

Christian's New Name

Christian (Jay Reso) signed with TNA.

His new in ring name is Christian Cage. He will be called Captain Chraisma as a nickname.

Funny that TNA can do the things that WWE should have.

Too bad their ring is silly.

Kane was at my local video game store today. I havn't watched wrestling in like 6 years when did kane take off his mask???

Last edited:
Like 2 years ago.

I saw him at a house show in Syracuse the weekend after he took it off on RAW. Was kinda cool.

There is a paperback book out that fictionalizes him and tells his "tale." I imagine a bad romance novel would be a better read.

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
RIP Latino Heat
Eddie Guerrero has died this morning, he was found dead in his hotel room. He was aged 38.

Viva La Raza Eddie.

Yeah just saw that...

Eddie Guerrero found dead in hotel..... :(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051113/ap_en_tv/obit_guerrero

Sun Nov 13, 6:24 PM ET

MINNEAPOLIS - Eduardo Gory Guerrero, a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow. He was 38.

When he didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced their way into the room, police said.

There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.

He was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.

Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said Guerrero was open about his past drug and alcohol abuse but they said he'd been sober for four years.

In February 2004, Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion when he defeated Brock Lesnar, a former University of Minnesota wrestling standout. Guerrero lost the title four months later.

In May 2004, UPN aired the special "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story." The one-hour program chronicled his childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life before his recovery and eventual capture of the WWE championship.

It's depressing enough that his loved ones should lose a person they cared about, and the WWE fans and staff lost one of the most talented and gifted performers.

But how's this for irony? Apparently, if Eddie had lived, he was originally supposed to face Randy Orton for the title, vacated by Batista's injury. No news about whether he was scheduled to win it, but I find it difficult to imagine another title run from Orton, at this point.

Instead, Raw and Smackdown both pre-taped a respectful inter-promotional show, out of character, as a tribute to Guerrero's life and career, including highlights clips.

Understandably, it seems like no storylines were advanced, and the Smackdown title picture was not addressed.

compound said:
But how's this for irony? Apparently, if Eddie had lived, he was originally supposed to face Randy Orton for the title, vacated by Batista's injury. No news about whether he was scheduled to win it, but I find it difficult to imagine another title run from Orton, at this point.

Instead, Raw and Smackdown both pre-taped a respectful inter-promotional show, out of character, as a tribute to Guerrero's life and career, including highlights clips.

Understandably, it seems like no storylines were advanced, and the Smackdown title picture was not addressed.

From what I heard, there was supposed to be a triple threat between Batista, Eddie and Orton on Smackdown, with all odds pointing to Batista dropping the title to Eddie.
I am glad that WWE did the respectful thing and taped the Eddie Tribute shows. Eddie deserved it. He was one of the best names on both brands rosters, a fantastic performer, who never failed to deliver, whether it was an amazing, fast paced match, or an entertaining promo. I will never forget the 'cheat to win' grin on his face in the last match I watched on Smackdown, the classic 'toss the chair to the other guy' bit, and the classic overselling off his 'injury'. Eddie may have passed on, but Latino Heat will never die.

Latest posts

Back