WWE [speculation, spoilers]

Victor Von Doom said:
Ok----maybe that joke was in bad taste....but it was funny.
Yes, it was both. :x :evil: :lol:

Expectedly, Chavo didn't use the Kerwin White gimmick when he wrestled on the Smackdown tapings (won't spoil the result of the match here). But apparently, the crowd was very sympathetic to him, as well as Eddie's long-time pal, Chris Benoit.

What's done is done now, and Eddie has left this world. But I think it would be in WWE's best interest to use the renewed level of audience support for Chavo and Benoit to give them both new pushes and stronger fueds -- beginnign with a slot on the Survivor's Series team of each of their respective brands.

Would it be taking advantage of a very tragic, unfortunate event? Maybe. But if that would lead to better programming, overall, I'd happily support it.

Last edited:
i liked Eddie, he was one of my fav. wrestlers to watch, i think i'll miss the cars the most, may the impla also be by his side.

In honor of Eddie......

We lie......We cheat......We steal......
eddiesig.jpg

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
So no word yet on his cause of death, I presume?
Nothing definite yet, apparently.
Wade Keller/pwtorch.com said:
The word today from the local coroner's office is that preliminary results from the Eddie Guerrero autopsy were inconclusive and no details will be released yet. A more detailed, full autopsy will be done and results for that would be available in roughly two or three weeks.

Massive heart failure. It's confirmed.

His heart was healthy from his recent work out schedule, but the cappilaries weren't. They blew out on him.

:(

Leather

Wasn't able to watch the Raw tribute show, as I don't have sky sports in university, but I have read about it, and watched the videos on WWE.com. Cenas tribute at the end of the show was extremely classy, and a true mark of respect for one of the greatest performers the sports entertainment world has ever seen. I watched the video of the 10 bell salute, and all the locker rooms assembled out in the arena, with tears flowing down the faces of quite a few, and it did bring a tear to my eye. Viva La Rasa, Viva La Eddie Guererro.

Has anybody here watched the Boogeyman wrestle during house shows yet? I'm certain there's a reason why his in-ring TV debut is being held off for so long, but for all I know, he might just surprise me.

For those of you who only watch RAW, the deal with the Boogeyman gimmick is something like this:

Over the summer, WWE began airing vignettes on Smackdown for a character named the Boogeyman, who was basically a ludicrious monster-type heel with a supernatural gimmick, similar to old-school Undertaker, Kane, Papa Shango, or Dustin Rhodes' abortive Seven persona from WCW. Complete with faux-creepy nursery rhymes, oversized clock, and ghoulish Dasrth Maul-esque make-up. Then the wrestler who was meant to play him -- who some of you may remember as the jackass who lied about his age on the Tough Enough auditions -- went and injured himself during a house show, bringing an unexpected stop to the promos, and delaying his on-screen ring debut.

Last month, Palmer Cannon, the new smarmy Network Exec character, explained to General manager Teddy Long that the Boogeyman vignettes were intended to advertise a new TV show on UPN. Only there was supposedly a freak accident on the set during filming, and the actor who was playing the Boogeyman became mentally stuck in the role. However, since the actor was supposedly signed to a multi-year contract with UPN, Cannon decided to give him to Smackdown, to use as an on-air character, as part of his New Talent Initiative.

So now, Boogeyman is not meant to be a horror-show character -- he's a nutjob who believes he's a horror-show character. So far, his interaction (with Long, and RAW guests Eric Bischoff and Lita) has been unexpectedly hilarious. I'm really digging this take on the character.

I bring this up because the logic behind the retcon is just classic Ultimization. It allows the Boogeyman character to retain his freakish appearance and behavior, without expecting the fans at home to believe that he's got any paranormal qualities, in the 90s UT sense.

If you're curious, he's got a Profile on the official Smackdown 'Superstars' website:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/boogeyman/profile/

Last edited:
Regardless of what his background story is.......he'll still suck as hard as Rosey. :roll:

They would've been better off just bringing back Glacier and Mortis. :roll:

Meh, I've always fast-forwarded through the Boogeyman segments. Simply annoying...

Anyhow, a bit of news concerning Eugene:

From WWE.com
Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore hospitalized, suspended
November 18, 2005

Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore was rushed to the hospital last night in Manchester.

He has since been released from the hospital, sent home and suspended indefinitely. WWE.com will have more details as they become available.

Last edited:
wwe.com said:
In a joint meeting today with the RAW and SmackDown rosters in the United Kingdom, in Sheffield, Vince McMahon announced that within the next several weeks, a new drug testing policy will be implemented in which performance enhancing drugs, such as steroids, etc., recreational drugs, as well as abuse of prescription drugs will be banned.

In addition to the new drug testing procedure, there will also be an emphasis on cardiovascular examinations.
Obviously, the latter aspect of the new policy was motivated by Eddie Guerrero's death.

However, I wonder if the timing of the new policy is also related to the incident that resulted in Eugene's suspension. Any updates about that? Could his trip to the hospital be a drug-related matter?

Last edited:
i just found this out a little bit ago, but for some of us on here like me, that followed wrestling before the birth of WWE, or WWF and beyond there was a guy called Johnny Grunge, part of public enemy. who just recently passed away. (2/16/05) due to sleep apnea complications. his full bio is down below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Durham

Last edited:
I just realized something (that other, more observant people may have already noticed): this week's Smackdown airs on May 19. And JBL needs to choose a big-man opponent to massacre Rey (again *sigh* :roll: )

I believe we're headed for a crass movie promotional tie-in AND yet another chance to ruin Rey's credibility as champ.

(I could be wrong though -- I have yet to read any spoilers from yesterday's taping in Albequerque.)

Last edited:
Yeah, it's Kane that Rey Rey has to get squashed by.

lol.

Damn May 19th. I'd be pissed if my movie was coming out the same day as the Da Vinci Code, too.

leather_w0lf said:
Yeah, it's Kane that Rey Rey has to get squashed by.
I'm sure you've heard this plenty of times before already, but what pisses me off the most about the Rey squashes are the extent to which he's being buried.

Presenting him as an "underdog" champ? I'm fine with that.

Packaging him as struggling -- maybe even undeseriving -- champion who needs to prove himself? It's frustrating, but i'll accept that.

Maybe even a fluke champion, who gets by partly on luck and fan support alone. I can deal with that.

But they're comprehensively killing off his credibility with this asinine booking.

If the match against Khali ended in a DQ or countout, because of some weird or quasi-supernatural Undertaker-related incident (or even something as ordinary as Taker appearing on the TitanTron), that would have fit in perfectly with their ongoing storyline, AND left the giant Indian's image more or less in tact, AND presented Rey as a champion who has difficulty keeping his belt against larger challengers. But no, instead they had to end it with that horrible, demeaning foot-choke pin -- in front of Rey's hometown, no less.

Now, I'm fairly certain he'll win decisively against JBL on Judgement Day -- or at least he *deserves* to. But that doesn't justify this push-the-big-men ridiculousness.

I know it's in the best interest of the WWE to cater to what's worked best for them, financially and ratings-wise -- keeping the focus on the heavyweights -- and they're trying to assert their superiority over X-Division/RoH style athleticism.

But at the same time, they're doing it by making a fool of a talented, entertaining superstar AND destroying the credibility of their title, in the process. That's just wrong-headed and bad for business, any way you look at it. As a viewer, it makes me not want to watch the SmackDown main events. Surely I can't be alone in my outrage?

I just don't watch Smackdown. Makes my life easier.

Who wants to see Spike Dudley's shoot on WWE & ECW at the 2CW indy show I went to earlier this month? After going through a table, then 4 attempts to put his scrawny little a$$ through a second table, a bleeding, drooling Spike Dudley/Runt/Matt Hyson shoots his mouth off! It's on Youtube. Here's the link:

(parental advisory - it's VULGAR!)

http://2cwwrestling.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=2

Somehow we get Spike/Runt/Matt Hyson whatever you want to call him as the Main Eventer in our Indy Circuit! Oh joy. In July we get him back along with (I'm just a big fat drunk) Sandman and (I'll beat yer woman) Tony Atlas and (I can't hang with the Big Boys) Slick Wagner Brown.

I'm working on booking an angle with Killer Kowlaski Jr. for a future 2CW show. They have to smooth out the money and what not for Killer then it will be a go. He says the 2CW guys fear him (and I believe they do!)

I actually know peeps in the wrestling business. I am not associated with nor am I an employee of any wrestling promotion. I just know people. 2Cw is a combination of local Central New York workers and national indy talent. Most of the guys have trained at Killer Kowlaski Sr's school in Boston.

Enjoy!

Leather

Latest posts

Back