Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Knight is right. I'm glad they didn't Twilight Spidey, but they can Twilight the **** outta this movie because I'm very indifferent about it.

They've now taken two actors out that I was looking forward to seeing -- they replaced Beast with this creepy kid and I thought Kick-Ass guy would've done alright as Cyke. Dammit.

I agree with you, Ice, this movie is going to have way too many characters.

Emma Frost, Banshee, Havok, Mystique, Multiple Man, Willow; why the **** is this movie getting made?

It's about two men starting a school... It makes SENSE for there to be a large group of kids. It's not like Wolverine where it's supposed to be a solo film and they packed it up... This is the X-Men's start for god's sake...

Some of these characters will only have bit parts, but I don't for a minute believe that they've overstepped any kind of character boundaries. Scott's little brother SHOULD be there when they pick up Scott... Banshee will be around as a contemporary of Xavier and Magneto, Frost might also be in a similar role. Moira MacTaggert will probably be the love interest. And then they'll be a bunch of kids, a good handful of them will only be little cameos, but the core group of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast will have major parts (and I bet they bring in Storm as well).

This is Matthew Vaughn, who is an extremely competent director. I have hardly lost faith in this movie. In fact, them casting pseudo-unknowns as the teens kind of confirms that they aren't going to be focusing on them as much as the older characters.

It's about two men starting a school... It makes SENSE for there to be a large group of kids. It's not like Wolverine where it's supposed to be a solo film and they packed it up... This is the X-Men's start for god's sake...

Some of these characters will only have bit parts, but I don't for a minute believe that they've overstepped any kind of character boundaries. Scott's little brother SHOULD be there when they pick up Scott... Banshee will be around as a contemporary of Xavier and Magneto, Frost might also be in a similar role. Moira MacTaggert will probably be the love interest. And then they'll be a bunch of kids, a good handful of them will only be little cameos, but the core group of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast will have major parts (and I bet they bring in Storm as well).

This is Matthew Vaughn, who is an extremely competent director. I have hardly lost faith in this movie. In fact, them casting pseudo-unknowns as the teens kind of confirms that they aren't going to be focusing on them as much as the older characters.

It makes sense that Moira is in it. But as for Willow? Who the **** is Willow? The school didn't start with a hundred students, it started with Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby, and Warren.

Stand back, this is a nerd emergency...

wahmbulance.jpg

It makes sense that Moira is in it. But as for Willow? Who the **** is Willow? The school didn't start with a hundred students, it started with Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby, and Warren.

If it is Willow (and I doubt it... I bet the girl was reading for Jean -> Red Headed Geek Icon -> Willow from Buffy) than I guarantee she is a background character needed in one scene.

And if they decide to go the route of a slightly larger initial group of students, I'm fine. Just because they're cast doesn't mean they'll be used. And hell, if its a filler character, isn't it BETTER that they are using an obscure character for the role??

Anyone who thinks that the 616 continuity Willow is going to be playing a major part of this film is absolutely wrong. It's kinda silly to think otherwise.

They are setting up the current leaders in the X-Men comics... Cyclops, Havok, Emma, Beast, Madrox... Those are the figures that'll be central, once you toss in Jean Grey and Storm... I wouldn't be surprised if we got Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver too, alongside Mystique, so Magneto can march off with his own squad at the end of the film.

They'll stick away from Iceman and Angel so not to throw off the original X-films, but if this is successful, I bet they bring them in.

If you're not a nerd then you don't belong here, plain and simple.

Wow, didn't realize you became a moderator and could decide who deserved to be here.

With that said, I'm kinda curious as to why they're making Emma a contemporary to Erik & Charles instead of a contemporary to the First Five. Not that I'm really complaining, I have faith in Mr Vaughn. If it sucks, it doesn't make my X-Men comics suddenly disappear.

Wow, didn't realize you became a moderator and could decide who deserved to be here.

E actually said that I could be administrator for a day.

All I was saying was that everyone here is a nerd, and we should embrace it, not cut each other down.

Last edited:
Kevin Bacon might be in this.

KEVIN BACON.

Kevin Bacon...

Arcade?
Bastion?
Donald Pierce?
Fabian Cortez?
Graydon Creed?
Mister Sinister?
Sauron?
Vulcan?...