Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

6 Page preview of #8 to be can be found right HERE along with a few other comics.

Mister Hyde on MGH. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

So I read the issue today. Not too bad. Like I said, I'm not too keen on the parents storyline but there's enough going on to make the book still overly worth picking up.

Patriot is very interesting. Just how long is this Young Avengers team going to last? He's addicted to having these powers not on a physical level but he needs MGH. He's otherwise worthless. With Kate Bishop it seems like a different story but it made me realize these two "kids" don't belong out there without powers at this level.

Vision... what a cop-out. "It's not our vision it's a 'kid-vision" whatever....

Officially started collecting this, from issue 7. I think the art isn't that impressive, but the characters are great, and Mr Hyde is always worth a look. Although the idea of Young Avengers has everything going against it, it surprisingly works. It shouldn't work, but it does. Crazy.

Just need to wait for the TPB to catch up. Speaking of which, can anyone effectively spoil the first 6 issues for me in a couple paragraphs? It's gonna be a couple months before the TPB is out you see....

Fuzzy Birds said:
Officially started collecting this, from issue 7. I think the art isn't that impressive

There's a new artist starting with #7. Jim Cheung did the art on 1-6, and it was a lot better.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Hang on, it's not just a filler? I thought Cheung was coming back? Aw....

It might just be a filler - probably is. I didn't mean to imply that he was the new artist for good, since I have no idea. Sorry about that.

Which issue came out today? Whatever...

Yawn...

All right so they go to the parents and Cassie's got a heart problem and Patriot doesn't have powers yada yada yada

Ummm I thought Cassie's back story is interesting so that's good.

Cheap defeat of Hyde with a steroid-maxed out Patriot by overdosing him with MGH but not killing him. Lame.

Wiccan "doesn't know how to use his powers". He's only the nth character in comics dealing with magic who "doesn't know how to use his powers".

Iron Man knocks Patriot out...

...Patriot gets worked on by our new "Vision Jr." who has the same brain patterns as Iron Lad. Great call me when the Cassie/Vision relationship works out :roll:

Patriot talks with the rest of them and explains Iron Lad was looking for his uncle (thought Iron lad was looking for kids?) and Eli jumped at the chance to play good cop and stole MGH to become a superhuman.

My biggest problem is there's no logical way for these guys to work. Disban them it's over. I mean Patriot does not have powers and unless the MGH "safely" jacks him up with some, which is against MGH mythos, then he shouldn't get them. So we have 3 regular kids fighting crime the superhero way. Absolutely not...

Where's Patriot's uncle? And doesn't this go against what happen in DX with MGH?

1/5 I might not read this again.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Still... there are three unpowered kids on the team.
Unpowered? 3? Cassie can grow/shrink, Wican has magic, Hulking can shapeshift, has super strength, and Bishop- no powers. I count 1 kid with no powers. Where do you get 3?

icemastertron said:
Unpowered? 3? Cassie can grow/shrink, Wican has magic, Hulking can shapeshift, has super strength, and Bishop- no powers. I count 1 kid with no powers. Where do you get 3?
Who was the third? Hmmm I was miscalculating but still Cassie's illegally powered, Eli was too, and Kate's got nothing. Three kids who shouldn't even begin training.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Who was the third? Hmmm I was miscalculating but still Cassie's illegally powered, Eli was too, and Kate's got nothing. Three kids who shouldn't even begin training.
Didn't count Eli since he left the team. But just because you don't have powers, you shouldn't be on the team? That's the "vibe" you're sending out.

Latest posts

Back