Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

It's better off if he stays in the sidelines, IMO. The book isn't about him and really isn't a part of the book per say, so he really shouldn't be too much involved.

With some very good writing and timing, we could see some very interesting, and perhaps very cool, crossovers with the New Avengers.

Tenyuki said:
With some very good writing and timing, we could see some very interesting, and perhaps very cool, crossovers with the New Avengers.

I think Bendis has confirmed some kind of crossover.

I also noticed that comic shop near my home has an Avengers poster in the window, with the New Avengers and Young Avengers together.

I think it woud be cool if Vision was to the YA as Prof X is to the X-Men. I'm also seriously considering putting this on my pull list but i need a bit more convincing

iceman said:
what was the asgardian joke?
Asgardian. ***-Guardian.

Really pretty obvious.

Anyone else against a NA-YA direct crossover? I get both books, but I'd really prefer YA to stay on its own, with the kids looking to keep out of the NA way instead of teaming up with them. Hell, I want them to be activly avoiding all the NA, I think it'd be hillarious.

Patriot: ****! Iron Man's overhead!

Hulkling: Ahhhh! * turns into a bum and huddles in an alley *

Wiccan: ...Well what the hell are the rest of us supposed to do?

hah. i didnt think i'd be something so easy, i didnt buy the issue. they are kids, though...

Baxter said:
Asgardian. ***-Guardian.

Really pretty obvious.

Anyone else against a NA-YA direct crossover? I get both books, but I'd really prefer YA to stay on its own, with the kids looking to keep out of the NA way instead of teaming up with them. Hell, I want them to be activly avoiding all the NA, I think it'd be hillarious.

Patriot: ****! Iron Man's overhead!

Hulkling: Ahhhh! * turns into a bum and huddles in an alley *

Wiccan: ...Well what the hell are the rest of us supposed to do?
Here's the problem. If the YA don't get into major **** that tech. is NA jurisdiction than they're stuck with lame drug dealers and petty criminals. I like YA but I don't see how they can be interesting without being involved with NA.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Here's the problem. If the YA don't get into major **** that tech. is NA jurisdiction than they're stuck with lame drug dealers and petty criminals. I like YA but I don't see how they can be interesting without being involved with NA.
But what I'm saying is that I'd be intrested in a team thats activly trying to avoid the NA, but without really having the experience to do so. Basicly, I want these kids to do thier best, then **** up hiding it from the NA for a while.

Young Avengers #7 (preview for now, discuss Wed)

Up on Buzzscope, cover plus 4 pages, looks GREAT. Spidey is amusing, Luke actually speaks (!!!) and puts forth an opinion and Cap sounds like the Avengers' Dad rather than the indecisive, hesitant guy I barely recognize in NA. (Okay, so that's IMO.)

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
New Avengers.... Thanks for the find.

Bah. The New Avengers preview up (also on Buzzscope) is two pages of not much. We see the New Guy, 9 %$^#& issues after he gets put on a cover. And ninjas. Bah. I don't know what the point of ninjas IS, since it's always one guy beating up entire legions of them.

Young Avengers looks much more interesting.

Oh, and, just in case... :lol:

Rhyo said:
Young Avengers looks much more interesting.
Because they don't show much in New Avengers of course someone's gonna say "Oh man!!! Ronin is so sweet!!!" like the fanboy he or she is when they say it. Relax kids.

Young Avengers did look good up until Cap goes "If you think Kang was bad wait til we meet their parents" :roll:

Ultimate Iron Man - Tiny bugs.... the suckiness continues.

EDIT: Wow... I'm gonna take my negativeness and take a walk...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Young Avengers did look good up until Cap goes "If you think Kang was bad wait til we meet their parents" :roll:

I think that was what passes for Cap's sense of humor. He doesn't have a very well-developed one. I think when you have shoulders like that, maybe you don't NEED a well-developed sense of humor.

Very nice YA preview. Art still looks great, and I love the Cage-Cap static there.

NA preview is pretty standard "Ronin is a badass" pages. Nothing supprising there. I still think he's Fury.

Jack Cross preview is very good. Nice and dense exposition, good art, really looking forward to this one.

Ya #7

Hey, where are ya all that? Taking a vacation early?

Just read the issue, and it was damn good. No Jimmy Cheung, but that's ok since the fill-in artist is awesome. Favorite part goes to the page where Billy is about to tell them the truth about them being the Young Avengers, and his parents think that he was going to tell them him and Ted are a couple. Then the dad goes "Welcome to the family. So how do like your eggs?".

:lol: :lol:

And that cliffhanger? WO! :shock:

So that probably means Patriot was only hunting down the MGH guys to get some for himself, cuz he never really had powers. OR!!!!!! Something is wrong, and his powers are fading, so he's taking the MGH. But I'm thinking its the first one.

I just picked up #7, and thought it was great...

I'm sorry to have been so quick to judge after such a slowly paced, poorly written first issue...

I cant wait to pick up the first trade next month.

Latest posts

Back