Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

icemastertron said:
Didn't count Eli since he left the team. But just because you don't have powers, you shouldn't be on the team? That's the "vibe" you're sending out.
That's exactly what I'm saying. They're kids. And I don't think Cap should be like, "Oh well we tried" and just let 'em go. I mean What if they just let the runaways go? Where's the ecxitement in that?

A lot of this title is irkin' me.

I was choosing whether to get Runaways or this.

I picked Runaways. Did I make the right choice?

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's exactly what I'm saying. They're kids. And I don't think Cap should be like, "Oh well we tried" and just let 'em go. I mean What if they just let the runaways go? Where's the ecxitement in that?

A lot of this title is irkin' me.
Now I see this as a much more realistic (theres that word again. We need to get rid of that in our Big Men beating On Eachother Books) take on what established powers would do if kids started doing the exact same thing as they were. He's flustered, and vocalized a moment of defeat. We've all done it. It doesn't mean he's actualy giving up on them. And I love that Eli was an MGHead. It shows just how desperate people would be to enter this special world that exists around them.

ProjectX2 said:
I was choosing whether to get Runaways or this.

I picked Runaways. Did I make the right choice?
I would have to say NO. While Runaways V2 is an excellent comic I've gotten more enjoyment out of Young Avengers. Maybe its just Kang. I dunno.

I have a hunch that the Patriot isn't unpowered, and his tearful resignation is part of a ruse to get the Avengers off their backs. The heart thing with Big Ant Girl sounded awfully fishy, too. They're already bringing Iron Lad back as the new Vision. These guys aren't going anywhere.

I reckon Cassie's heart problems will likely get explored at a later date. I think it's an intriguing plotline for an interesting character too.

John Q. Public said:
I have a hunch that the Patriot isn't unpowered, and his tearful resignation is part of a ruse to get the Avengers off their backs. The heart thing with Big Ant Girl sounded awfully fishy, too. They're already bringing Iron Lad back as the new Vision. These guys aren't going anywhere.
Ya it seems like the New Avengers are everywhere these days. The Young avengers need some issues to focus on themselves. Cap and friends seemed to have played their part so maybee this will happen.

Fuzzy Birds said:
I reckon Cassie's heart problems will likely get explored at a later date. I think it's an intriguing plotline for an interesting character too.
... and an interesting nod to Tony Stark's original dilemma. Of course, it doesn't seem like an immediately obvious rip-off, because it's being done with a completely different character, so it's all good.

I expect more and more parallelisms with the original Avengers to surface, over time, since that appears to be an underlying theme of the series. Not necessarily stale ideas, but familiar ones, being viewed in a new and more contemporary context.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ah!! Don't listen to him! some of his points are valid like Patriot showing the desperation... but Runaways is 20x better.

I would agree if this was Runaways vol. 1... but I haven't been all that impressed by volume 2, to be honest.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I would agree if this was Runaways vol. 1... but I haven't been all that impressed by volume 2, to be honest.
Runaways Volume 2 is really only satisfying if you're a long-time Marvel geek (like I am). The story is competent and accesible enough, on its own, but in order to really appreciate the significance of the big revelations in the first two story-arcs of Volume 2, it helps to have a fmiliarity with the last two decades of Marvel-616 history.

Having said that, I believe the exact same critiques apply equally -- or even moreso -- to Young Avengers.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
*Shrugs shoulders* I have :?

i'm not saying it's not a fantastic book...

I just think it suffers from not having Alex in the central role anymore.

compound said:
Why? Are you racist? :p
Yeah, Community College of Philadelphia student and I can afford to be racist...

I dunno he just never did anything for me as A Runaway but him coming back as possibly their greatest advesary... welp, that's just the coolest.

I like their lineup now.

The Young Avengers just seem ... I dunno. I don't like any of their chemistry.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I didn't even like Alex.

That's interesting, I thought he and Nico were really the two strongest characters in the story.

I still love Nico, and I'm really happy that
Alex seems to be back in action.
, but it's not carrying my interest from issue to issue like it used to... and I don't think Victor really adds anything to the team.

(all runaways stuff to the new thread!)

Back on topic,

Who do you guys think has the most potential as a character, Wiccan or Hulkling?

Because I keep seeing all over that everyone loves Wiccan, while I'm a hell of a lot more intrigued by the potentially part-skrullian Hulkling... I mean... He's a lot quieter, so people might think that we don't know as much about him, but i dunno... i like him.

(and he's cuter than billy)

Latest posts

Back